Mahindra October 2016 Indian Car Sales

Maruti Suzuki October 2016 Indian Car Sales

Nissan October 2016 Indian Car Sales

Renault October 2016 Indian Car Sales

Skoda October 2016 Indian Car Sales

Tata Motors October 2016 Indian Car Sales

Toyota October 2016 Indian Car Sales

Volkswagen October 2016 Indian Car Sales

Good to see TATA numbers improving. I guess selling Zest to the taxi segment has helped to improve numbers

Wow very well compiled. Happy to see Tiago doing 6k+ Should be in top 15. [thumbsup]
Festive Season is good for most especially Tata and Hyundai. Well Deserved for both!

One suggestion. Please display top 20 cars instead of top 10. Gives a better idea. Also Honda's Sep 2016 addition and MOM changes have mistakes.

Last edited:
Fords sales figure dont surprise me. Sales cant go up if your showrooms dont want to sell the car. The company contact in most of there showrooms are mobile No's and they are so all over the place that they never seem to be able to take potential customers call. Saar I am outside call me later! I expect them to lose there position further soon.

Interesting figures for October.

1. Enjoy back in five digits. Is it now that the buyers finding value in cars like Enjoy and Ertiga post Innova moving the post up on prices?

2. Don't know where Ford is heading. They seriously need to launch some fresh exciting cars with Ford DNA. They cannot alleviate real Ford customers for long. Anyone has info on what's up the sleeve for Ford in the future?

3. City finally has recovered some lost ground. Thanks to the festive season supported by purchases for marriages where City is still the prestige symbol and everyone's favourite. BRV looks like losing traction.

4. Blockbuster month for Hyundai. This company amaze with their resilience to launch appealing Fresh products for masses irrespective of what enthusiasts opine.

5. A not so good month for Maruti. Segment cannibalisation is a big challenge for them. But they will continue to grow with a Pseudo Indian Company Tag attached helping them.

6. Nissan India has become Datsun India. Where is the new Micra?

7. Skoda launched new Rapid. After initial Euphoria sales would settle down around 700 to 1000units. Unless they manage to pull common people to their showroom who choose just to stay away from VW group it is tough road ahead for them. Octavia and Superb are doing great but in a segment in low demand. Same holds good for VW. It's certainly not about the capability of their cars people keep a distance from them. Sad to see Jetta going off from our roads soon.

8. Altis is feeling the Elantra effect. Elantra with fresh legs has given a choice to certain set of Buyers.Innova is just Innova. The only car that sells in India without people looking at the price tag. New Fortuner is out and interesting to see if it can reach same heights.

9. Finally, hats off to Tata. Thier new ideas are well appreciated by the market and at last one Tata product has managed to well breach 5000 units after long time. Wish them good luck for their turnaround.

Maruti Suzuki share fall from 52.28% to 44.37% in October, any specific reason?
These are dispatch figures and this clearly indicates that Maruti shipped much more than actual sales as stock to dealers before festive season. As dealers had huge inventory for October, their demand was relatively less in October.
Also, others could have shipped slightly less in September and followed up with higher dispatches in October.
The real market share can be obtained only based on last 6 months average which is a fair indication. The real market share of Maruti should be around 47% overall though.

Now with the latest surgical attack on the blackmoney, I guess we will expecta blip in car purchases not in the segment ruled the middle class but the one where there is high probability that black money is being used to purchase car. I anticipate the luxury car sales may come down.

Tata has done great with Taigo. Wish them all the success going ahead.

Hyundai has also done well with Grand i10 again at 14K mark. Creta consistently at 8K mark. Surprised to see higher tagged vehicle like Santa-Fe selling around 220. [clap]

Surprised to see the Enjoy doing in 1066 units, the discount and price slash scheme seemed to have worked a bit for the cabbies.

Scorpio is the only vehicle I see in SUV segment maintaining steady sales figures from long time, the upgraded version has also seems to have buyers interested.

Maruti's having it's way as usual putting it's competitors much more by the constantly higher sales number.

Honda somehow loosing the charm and only their City is bringing more bread, others are just dancing here and there.

People aren't yet ready to go for Datsun's products I suppose, none of them has impressive figures.

Tata's leading model Tiago now making little progress, well it's got a long long way to prove it's worth against competitors.

Toyota's announcement of new fortuner seems to have got the prospective buyers stay away from the current one, Innova Crysta making the similar progress as Scorpio.

Ford's products seemed to have declined the numbers, Aspire being such a good product, don't know what's stopping buyers from buying it.

Now with the latest surgical attack on the blackmoney, I guess we will expecta blip in car purchases not in the segment ruled the middle class but the one where there is high probability that black money is being used to purchase car. I anticipate the luxury car sales may come down.
In fact I anticipate that the 3-8 lac segment in smaller B/C towns will also be affected quite a bit by the cash-less drive. There would be typically a lot of people who would spend cash on such car purchases too, instead of taking on the burden of loan/emis, especially small business owners. And of course ,the shaadi-dahej types !

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
October 2016: SIAM Sales Summary Report

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total 15,791,158 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers and quadricycle in April-October 2016 as against 14,284,913 in April-October 2015, registering a growth of 10.54 percent over the same period last year.

Domestic Sales

The sales of Passenger Vehicles grew by 11.02 percent in April-October 2016 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicles and Vans grew by 4.34 percent, 36.86 percent and 5.62 percent respectively during April-October 2016 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a growth of 6.92 percent in April-October 2016 as compared to the same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) registered a growth of 1.30 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles grew by 11.20 percent during April-October 2016 over the same period last year.

Three Wheelers sales grew by 11.84 percent in April-October 2016 over the same period last year. Passenger and Goods Carrier sales grew by 10.52 percent and 18.17 percent respectively in April-October 2016 over April-October 2015.

Two Wheelers sales registered a growth at 16.01 percent during April-October 2016 over April-October 2015. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters, Motorcycles and Mopeds grew by 23.67 percent, 11.77 percent and 27.60 percent respectively in April-October 2016 over April-October 2015.

Exports

In April-October 2016, overall automobile exports declined by (-) 9.27 percent. While Passenger Vehicles and Commercial Vehicles exports registered a growth of 15.16 percent and 12.31 percent, exports of Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers declined by (-) 36.24 percent and (-) 11.28 percent respectively in April-October 2016 over April-October 2015.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Sales seem month on month more or less the same and i wonder if monthly or even quarterly sales actually reflect much-other than festival type sentiments
The Enjoy sales does suggest that there is a market for the family minivan-how i wish it were a little more sturdy and finished better. Have not read the long term reviews of the enjoy.
Sadly the Renault Lodgy does not seem to be doing well-seems better than the Enjoy and much cheaper than the Innova,but its sales dont reflect this??
[lol] for my beloved Venture from Tata-such promise ...

Last edited:
Sales seem month on month more or less the same and i wonder if monthly or even quarterly sales actually reflect much-other than festival type sentiments
The Enjoy sales does suggest that there is a market for the family minivan-how i wish it were a little more sturdy and finished better. Have not read the long term reviews of the enjoy.
Sadly the Renault Lodgy does not seem to be doing well-seems better than the Enjoy and much cheaper than the Innova,but its sales dont reflect this??
[lol] for my beloved Venture from Tata-such promise ...
I feel enjoy is more used as a taxi vehicle than as personal vehicles. number of yellow board are significantly higher than whiteboard enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom