Tata's Premium Sedan (Tata X451-Based Sedan)

Thread Starter #1
Will be powered by four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines.

By the end of this decade, Tata Motors is expected to launch a product in the executive sedan segment. Speaking to a publication, Tata Motors’ President, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Mr. Mayank Pareek, said that Tata Motors is only present in less than 60 percent of the total market, and that the premium hatchback and executive sedan segments are two areas which have a wide space opportunity for the manufacturer.

The sedan will be based on the AMP architecture, and will share plenty of parts and components with the X451 hatchback.
Our in-house artist, Shoeb Kalania, has created this digital mockup of the Tata executive sedan, based on the Tata X451 – the codename of the premium hatchback expected in the market next financial year. According to reports, the hatchback and the sedan will share platforms, parts and components and even engine architecture. They will be based on the Advanced Modular Platform (AMP).

Under the hood, they are expected to be powered by four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines. The Tata Tiago‘s 1.2-liter three-cylinder all-aluminium petrol engine would be seen in a four-cylinder state and possibly with a turbocharger for the executive sedan. The diesel engine would be shared with the Tata Nexon which is announced to get a 1.5-liter diesel engine capable of 110 PS and 260 Nm of torque.

The all-aluminium petrol engine, and the Nexon’s Revotorq diesel engine will power the sedan.

Source : IAB Tata Premium Sedan (Tata X451-based sedan) - Rendering

Attachments

Will be powered by four-cylinder petrol and diesel engines.

By the end of this decade, Tata Motors is expected to launch a product in the executive sedan segment.
It is tempting and a segment where TATA should be present. But end of the decade seems to be too long. Maybe they should be ready by 2019 if the modular platform is working by the end of 2017.

Thread Starter #4
My speculation

Kite 5
Nexon
Nano Pelican

Q501
Q502

Hatch and sedan based on AMP platform

2019 seems to be very very long..

Whatever they do, let them not make a mistake bringing the unconventional Manza Design and the Zest's boot (That's what I can make out in that pic shared here).

Don't understand what they actually do chopping off the boot to make the car look ugly, understand it's done for Length purpose and cost saving, but the very first thing that matters is the looks for which people fall for.

How is this sedan different from kite 5 or how are Tata going to position both of them? Will this sedan compete with the likes of City and Verna? What will happen to Zest? Will it go the bolt way and be sold to fleet operators? Either ways I am very excited with the launches. Nexon is already in my shortlist as I will be on the lookout come next year. Knowing Tata, the features will be really long and at affordable cost. Atleast someone is having a proper set target and is hell bent on achieving it. Go Tata go!!!!

I am sure that Tata will not spare any efforts (now after seeing Tiago zest n Hexa) and put all the bells and whistles however, I feel that this sedan will need to have a LWB look rather than a CS wheelbase look. That will give it a more luxurious feel to the sedan. Look at the Ciaz. It seems to have a larger wheel base and there by giving it a luxurious appeal.

I am sure that Tata will not spare any efforts (now after seeing Tiago zest n Hexa) and put all the bells and whistles however, I feel that this sedan will need to have a LWB look rather than a CS wheelbase look. That will give it a more luxurious feel to the sedan. Look at the Ciaz. It seems to have a larger wheel base and there by giving it a luxurious appeal.
Exactly, i am making the same point. Don't know how close this rendering is to the actual car but this one definitely looks like a CS wheelbase one. Also we get the impression that the car is having a high GC so definitely the artist has taken Zest to render this. Personally, i feel that the front hood should be stretched little more and reduce the GC so that it will become a proper sedan.

I dont think the rendering is even close to the actual product, AMP is still under development and no figures established for wheel base as such. However the artist made a great render [:)]

This is just a fan rendering. NOT official or idea sketch by TATA. There are only faint rumors about this project. So sit back, relax, and wait till anything concrete comes up. [;)]

Thread Starter #14
Some info from Teambhp member RavenAvi:

Some info on the upcoming X451 project by one of my birdies:

- Production will start from August onwards for this Baleno/i20 rival from the Tata stable.

- Test mules of the X451 (hatch & sedan) are already on the roads.

- Launch expected sometime in the first quarter of FY2018-19.

Some info from Teambhp member RavenAvi:
That is a great news, just hoping that Tata will stick to mentioned timeline. Also if test mules are already on road and still remained hidden from media then that's a great achievement for Tata as Tata is not really known for keeping secrets.

Top Bottom