Volkswagen September 2016 Indian Car Sales

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
September 2016: SIAM Sales Summary Report

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total 13,421,500 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers and quadricycle in April-September 2016 as against 11,992,184 in April-September 2015, registering a growth of 11.92 percent over the same period last year.

Domestic Sales

The sales of Passenger Vehicles grew by 12.34 percent in April-September 2016 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicles and Vans grew by 5.11 percent, 40.24 percent and 8.12 percent respectively during April-September 2016 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a growth of 5.99 percent in April-September 2016 as compared to the same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) registered a growth at (-) 1.19 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles grew by 11.69 percent during April-September 2016 over the same period last year.

Three Wheelers sales grew by 13.39 percent in April- September 2016 over the same period last year. Passenger and Goods Carrier sales grew by 12.40 percent and 18.15 percent respectively in April- September 2016 over April-September 2015.

Two Wheelers sales registered a growth at 17.47 percent during April- September 2016 over April–September 2015. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters, Motorcycles and Mopeds grew by 26.94 percent, 12.65 percent and 26.32 percent respectively in April- September 2016 over April-September 2015.

Exports

In April-September 2016, overall automobile exports declined by (-) 10.68 percent. While Passenger Vehicles and Commercial Vehicles exports registered a growth of 15.38 percent and 10.24 percent, exports of Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers declined by (-) 39.32 percent and (-) 12.45 percent respectively in April-September 2016 over April- September 2015.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

Outstanding figures by most of the manufactures with new models, Festival season surge and the pay commission effect?

Confused and hardheartedness by Tiago numbers as Tata is not able to produce much to meet demand [anger]

why is Kwid in negative (neglegable) even after 1.0L engine addition? Any comments

Honda down, City's crown gone

Last edited:
probably the issue with tiago is the vendor supply bottleneck in the ramp up of the production. Other than that i donot see any other issue.

With this issue producing kite sedan in quick time before the backlog settles will be a brash step by tata. They should instead focus on launching the nexon (manufactured say at Pune or lucknow plant) at the earliest and delaying the launch of the kite sedan.

probably the issue with tiago is the vendor supply bottleneck in the ramp up of the production. Other than that i donot see any other issue.

With this issue producing kite sedan in quick time before the backlog settles will be a brash step by tata. They should instead focus on launching the nexon (manufactured say at Pune or lucknow plant) at the earliest and delaying the launch of the kite sedan.
with due respect to ur liking of Nexon, after checking Nexon in and out, I think now is not the right time to launch it, it just look like Hatch on stilts due to the roof and overall design and resembles (although it is design differently) VISTA-BOLT from side if u see from far. So before launching Nexon Tata should create that kind of customer following so that people will go for Nexon as today market think of Boxy, imposing feel when it comes to SUV name. this is what my thinking is might differ with others[:)]

Last edited:
Maruti with over 50% market share. They are segment leaders in each and every segments. The godwill it brought over the years and the fresher products makes them unstoppable. A proper 1.5 L DDiS will pull more enthusiasts in the premium segments.

Hyundai stable with Creta, i20 and i10 grand.

Mahindra, our home grown is competitive. KUV, Bolero, XUV, Scorpio are making decent numbers. Bolero + will make an impact next month.

Toyota with outstanding numbers of Innovas. Etios Platinum will make some good numbers next month.

Renault with amazing Kwid numbers. Other products not really selling other than Duster.

Tata need to revamp the Tiago production.

Honda with lesser City numbers than Ciaz. New Amaze doesen't amaze people it seems. BRV settling in 2K range.

Ford making good numbers with Ecosport and Aspire.

Decent numbers of Ameo for Volkswagen. They need to stop making refresh models of Vento and Polo to attract more customers.

Skoda, Nissan, Chevy, FIAT making their dealers pretty sad.

Last edited:
As MSIL reaping the benefits of goodwill; Fiat on the other hand is suffering from the lack of it even though whole India knows that it's Fiat engine. Fiat need to rethink their India strategy, hopefully they won't shut shop seeing their abysmal numbers.

Toyota, that name itself is enough to sell anything I believe. They are dishing out Innova crysta at whopping prices and Indian public buying it. It's crazy, mad world out there.

Though agreed that maruti alone captures more than 50% of market share, its attitude towards service of vehicles needs attention. Multiple cases of faulty spare parts are reported in maruti brezza. If maruti does not pay heed to these and does not do something for product improvement, i am sure we are going to see these percentages going down.

Chevrolet has become a complete joke when it comes to sales charts [lol] Single Digit sales.None of their cars are competitive in the crowd.They are run by lazy management who are happy with the sales.It's sad to see it this way.Recently a lot of people are telling they are shutting down dealerships quickly since they were not happy with the sales and profits.I hope Chevy won't go down in a way Daewoo did.They have a swift opportunity here.

The markets they can conquer -

1) Alto 800,EON segment - Just bring back the 800cc Matiz and redesign the interiors.
2) Alto K10,i10 Segment - Update the Spark to look much newer and cuter,More features
3) KWID,Go,Tiago Segment - Discontinue the Beat and bring in something as good as Tiago
4) Swift,Figo Segement - Refresh the Sail Hatch with more features and much better styling
5) Punto,Polo Segment - Bring back the Chevrolet SRV 1.6P and Cruze's 2.0 Diesel monster !!!!
6) XCent,Ka Segment - Refresh the Sail with more features and much better styling and dynamics
7) Cruze,Octavia - Radical refresh for Cruze required
8) Endeavor,Fortuner segment - Bring in the AWD Trailblazer and slash the prices

They have every kind of window for success in every segment.I don't know why they're just sitting there lazy

October 2016

Maruti Suzuki - Domestic sales increase by 2.2%, sees drop in entry level and Compact hatch, Growth in UV and C segment!

-October total sales of 133,793 vehicles versus 134,209 vehicles last year

- October passenger cars sales of 92,886 vehicles versus 97,951 vehicles last year

- Total domestic sales of 123,764 vehicles versus 121,063 vehicles last year

- October export sales of 10,029 vehicles versus 13,146 vehicles last year

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Tata motors witness 21% growth in over all sales and 28% growth in passenger vehicles.

Tata sold 16,311 cars in Oct 2016. Tiago witnessed a strong demand. Exports too were higher by 39% at 6333

source moneycontrol.com

Tata motors witness 21% growth in over all sales and 28% growth in passenger vehicles.

Tata sold 16,311 cars in Oct 2016. Tiago witnessed a strong demand. Exports too were higher by 39% at 6333

source moneycontrol.com
This does mean that TATA motors has catapulted a spot above capturing position no 4.
So I think now Honda is No 5. Let's wait for more info trickling in.

20161009_132326.jpg

I have been seeing loads of BOLTs on the roads of Hyderabad. Flooded i say. May be a BOLT has crossed a 1000 copies this month.
Cabs love TATAs' esp this resurrected Vista

Last edited:
Interestingly it is Zest that has posted record sales post its launch.

Source- ACI
Well yes, Zest must have done close to 4K mark. the max Zest had achieved during the initial launch days was around 3.5K in 2 or 3rd month. So I guess zest must have done around 4K. Tiago again hovering around the 5K mark that gives us 1k Bolt, 2K for indica, 2K for indigoCS, 600 for storme, 1K for sumo

Well yes, Zest must have done close to 4K mark. the max Zest had achieved during the initial launch days was around 3.5K in 2 or 3rd month. So I guess zest must have done around 4K. Tiago again hovering around the 5K mark that gives us 1k Bolt, 2K for indica, 2K for indigoCS, 600 for storme, 1K for sumo
Where is the cute Nano in your number list boss ? Nano should have made at least 500-700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom