Design Flaw Reported in Renault Kwid

Thread Starter #1
Car that can't be washed or taken out in rain- Renault Kwid

It was reported that there is serious leakage in Kwid and car began leeking while washed and went out in rain. Please see the video shown on TV channel news9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLcPNR1_4N8

Owners: Please share if all of you are facing the same issue as reported in the video :(
Mods: Please merge the thread if its is already post earlier.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
I checked with some of my friends even they facing some leakage in their cars and they said will observe further and share then

With nearly a lakh Kwids on the roads currently and only a few Kwids reporting this leakage issue, cannot be called a Design Flaw!! Only if majority of the Kwids report such water leakage problem, either during washing or during rains, can be called a Design flaw. Currently I would call it some small manufacturing defect in a few cars. Maybe some plug or rubber beading has got misplaced or not properly fitted, causing this water ingress.

With nearly a lakh Kwids on the roads currently and only a few Kwids reporting this leakage issue, cannot be called a Design Flaw!! Only if majority of the Kwids report such water leakage problem, either during washing or during rains, can be called a Design flaw. Currently I would call it some small manufacturing defect in a few cars. Maybe some plug or rubber beading has got misplaced or not properly fitted, causing this water ingress.
Plus 1 on that. This is a Quality Control Issue. Though minor, it is one heck of an irritant. With Kwid selling in such large numbers, some concerned competitor could try to blow up this issue. Renault will sort it out quickly.

While I am not a big fan of Kwid but I think this is just a naughty competitor helping blow things out of proportion. Infact in the world of automotive competition where a certain competitors cars suddenly start catching fire and what not this is just being too polite. Wait for the bread and butter segment to heat up even more and you will see all sorts of magic in the car world.

Top Bottom