Parivahan: New Road Transport Portal By Govt of India

Thread Starter #1
National Transport Project – Vahan and Sarathi

Transport Mission Mode Project – through its flagship applications Vahan (for Vehicle Registration) and Sarathi (for Driving License) – has achieved 100% automation of 1000+ RTOs all across the country. Almost 19.6 crore Vehicle records and 9.2 crore License records are available in its repository. The consolidated data in State and National Registry act as the base for a large number of online citizen-centric applications and information services.

Now the RTO-centric Vahan and Sarathi applications have been revamped to Centralized, Web-enabled architecture with single database and application for the whole country. The system is accessible over internet for RTO users through secured log-in and authentication. Online services are also facilitated to citizen, trade and so on so that for availing transport services, RTO visits can be minimized. There will be emphasis on modern ICT tools like cloud infrastructure, Centralized Authentication System (CAS) and Single Sign On (SSO), Multi-device capability, Multi-lingual support, Open API, Mobile Apps and so on. Quality and scope of G-G/G-B/G-C services will be enhanced.

The new system will consolidate the database and applications for all RTOs across all states into a common, centralized platform and deliver the core services of Vahan and Sarathi throughout the country. This will be built on the backbone of a robust data network with adequate bandwidth and built-in redundancy to facilitate highest acceptable standard of speed, information security and fault tolerance. The data and application for the whole country will be maintained in a national level data center backed up by a Disaster Recovery Center – both of which will have the latest hardware, software and control infrastructure to achieve optimum operational performance, safety and security.

The development of the new system is complete and implementation has already started in Delhi, Uttarakhand, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Odisha and so on. Roll-out is planned in all states in the next few months. Once implemented, the new system will make the transport system much secure, transparent and user-friendly for Citizen, Trade and Government.
Source- https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/#

A few screenshots from https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Note to mods- Please move it to appropriate section if this has been posted under wrong head.

Getting a strange output on vahan.nic.in vehicle status search

I was going through some listings on Droom. One car caught my fancy and I was going through the details on Vahan.

When I enter car number plate on vahan.nic.in, it gives following output -
Vehicle No WB26S xxxx found ACTIVE in Barasat RTO , WEST BENGAL
Chassis No: MAJ1XXMRJ1EL****4
Vehicle Class: Motor Car

NOC Of Vehicle No WB26S xxxx Issued From ARTO, Saltlake , WEST BENGAL
Issued To ARTO PVD KASBA , WEST BENGAL On 28-04-2016 00:00:00
I want to know what the 2nd paragraph means. The car was/is registered in Barasat RTO. But this NOC has been issued from Salt Lake RTO to Kasba RTO.
Is this related to removing hypothecation after loan term completion? Or the car has been sold once already?
On Droom, it is mentioned as First Owner car.

Also attaching screenshot of Vahan and Parivahan output

Vahan
vahan.jpg

Parivahan
parivahan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom