Maruti Suzuki Launches Swift 'DECA' Edition

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

20160208_125609.jpg

20160208_125552.jpg

Yet another limited edition of Swift rolls out! This time its the DECA Edition based on the V-trim of the Swift. Externally, it gets race stripes & decals, body kit and Black Wheel Covers. Inside, it shall come with features like new Sony Touchscreen, dual tone seat covers, ambient lights to name a few. A similar edition had been shown at the Auto Expo as well this year. Swift Deca limited edition is priced Rs. 5,94,445 for the VXi trim and Rs. 6,86,983 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the VDi variant.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies, I actually have lost the count of Limited editions across variants launched by Maruti Suzuki for Swift. Frankly none of them have ever boasted of anything substantial. I wish someday a premium hatchback from some other brand shall come to end the monopoly of Swift and break the repetitiveness of these sticker bombed editions.

Regards

Akash

bhvm

Honoured Member
Too loud and flashy for my taste.

I remember last time, there too, was a flashy variant with White Body and very loud red stripes,Skirts and decals all over.

Buddies, I actually have lost the count of Limited editions across variants launched by Maruti Suzuki for Swift. Frankly none of them have ever boasted of anything substantial. I wish someday a premium hatchback from some other brand shall come to end the monopoly of Swift and break the repetitiveness of these sticker bombed editions.

Regards

Akash
first gen had 3 special editions and the face lift has it's 5th now. maruthi is obessed with limited, special editions right from the days of alto. even alto had limited editions.

Aaaahhhh, Come on Maruthi, again a new edition with new floor mats, Stickers, Black wheel caps, sill plates, steering wheel cover, gear boot cover and mud flaps[frustration][frustration]

@Maruthi: don't you know people buy all the special edition items aftermarket once they purchased a new car??
Do something unique, just adding stickers and painting the wheel caps wont make anything special. Even people are modifying swift much much better than your SPECIAL editions.

Instead of special editions, MS can improve their Build quality and safety.

I'm getting more angry whenever I see MS Special editions with new stickers and paint[angry].

Last edited:
Maruti can add one more variant as limited edition in their brochure as I can see for the last few month they have a limited edition ready all the time. Don't know how much it work for them but definitely a push to gain some more market share.

These are all techniques to keep the vehicle prices high. Even after 10 years, Swift is sought after, and they milk the customers. Sadly ,even if swift is replaced, Vitara Breeza had taken it's "most wanted" place. Maruti's hands are full.

Maruti Suzuki Swift Deca Special Edition

A limited edition sporty(Football) version of Maruti suzuki Swift called ‘Deca’ has been announced last week. As per Maruti’s marketing team ‘Swift Deca carries forward the sportiness and performance quotient associated with the brand’. Well do we really associte sportiness & performance with Maruti or words like ‘Good service’ , ‘Retail value’, ‘kitna deti hai’ describe Maruti better.. Well you can decide that on your own.

Although being called a sporty Swift, Maruti hasn't done any mechanical changes ! Deca is basically a cosmetic pack adding extra premium over the price of the VXi/VDi variants but no performance gains whatsoever.

It seems like a Swift DECAL than a Swift DECA ! Some nice touches are exclusive seat cover, front center armrest, Ambient Lighting, Carbon fiber finish & Sony touchscreen music system with four speakers..

This is my first look at the Deca limited edition announcement -
https://youtu.be/8poMJY-Dwfw

Re: Maruti Suzuki Swift DECA Special edition

I am a Maruti hater. That said, it is the Swift, which brought sportiness to Maruti cars in a bigger size (than the original Zen). For a spirited driver who wants the maintenance advantage of Maruti, Swift is the best answer. The K-series engine is a fine engine, and I feel other manufacturers are playing catch with Suzuki on this. There is a solid reason why the combined sales of Swift and Dzire is around 27,000 cars per month. IMO, associating sportiness is OK, here.

On "kitna deti hai" : Three days back, a Colleague caught me as I was near my Car. He drives a Zen Estillo. He said, "Yours is a White Elephant". I though "Verna doesn't look THAT bad". When I looked puzzled, he asked about mileage. Yesterday a Senior Colleague was in my car. He has a Honda CIVIC with Autobox. Once we were out of Car Park, the first question he asked was "kitna deti hai". It is an inseparable and integral part of middle class Indian mind set [:)]. Nothing wrong in it as long as safety is also given due consideration.

Thread Starter #14

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Had gone to KFC outlet near my uncle's dealership today afternoon. In dealership parking lot I saw this!

20161121_144430.jpg

20161121_144437.jpg

20161121_144452.jpg

Regards

Akash

Friends,

Regards

Akash
Yuck! It would have looked 10 times better if the red bits and pieces had been body coloured. Why doesn't Maruti come up with a subtle and mature looking special edition? Special doesn't need to be weird. [lol]

Just paint the bodykit to white, remove the stickers from doors and it will come out as a tastefully done car, no?

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:

Top Bottom