Tata Bolt Sales To Be Limited To Cab Market Only

This will be a boon for indian commuters, a very good car as a taxi segment. Hope the cabbies too dont get swayed by the failure of bolt (which i donot feel since, Vista was a pretty hit car and bolt will surely be lapped up by cabbies)

To my understanding, tata cab sales have diminished quite a lot compared to its Indica days.
When the dzires and hyundais entered cab market, it surely gave age old indica run for the money. However, Bolt trumps all the other cars for the features, and will surely get a look by cabbies. It will be VFM fresh offering for the cabbies.

The reason why bolt failed to impress personal buyers is its pricing. It's wrong to think that a car will do good if its priced in swift territory. The car is brilliant ( except the body shell which is still an indica) but tata has spoiled the machine with its pricing which was a dead on arrival product. Tata corrected the mistake in tiago and its a hit.

Apart from pricing the other reason why I believe Bolt Sales didn't pick up is because its resemblance to the Indica and the Vista. While it is an obvious argument but what I want to say is While the Tier-1 city buyers didn't buy it because it looked like an Indica or the Vista, the Tier-2/3 city and rural buyers didn't buy it because the Indica and the Vista was still being sold in the same space as cheaper alternative. While the Indica and Vista is still popular amongst the fleet owners and cabbies I am surprised that the Tier-2/3 and rural customers still prefer the Indica even for personal/private use. The good old Indica is still considered a extremely cheap to buy and maintain comfortable and spacious car in the Tier2/3 cities and country side. And more over they can still be used as white board taxi when not in use instead of lying at home earning no income.

Apart from pricing the other reason why I believe Bolt Sales didn't pick up is because its resemblance to the Indica and the Vista. While it is an obvious argument but what I want to say is While the Tier-1 city buyers didn't buy it because it looked like an Indica or the Vista, the Tier-2/3 city and rural buyers didn't buy it because the Indica and the Vista was still being sold in the same space as cheaper alternative. While the Indica and Vista is still popular amongst the fleet owners and cabbies I am surprised that the Tier-2/3 and rural customers still prefer the Indica even for personal/private use. The good old Indica is still considered a extremely cheap to buy and maintain comfortable and spacious car in the Tier2/3 cities and country side. And more over they can still be used as white board taxi when not in use instead of lying at home earning no income.
Indica/Vista is more popular in rural & small cities because of the recommendations of mechanics & parts availability from scrapped/disposed cars. as the indica & Vista tdi engines are easy to maintain & repair, mechanics always recommend to Buyers so that they can get them to repair and make easy money.

To make new products successful Tata need to do two major things:

#Train local garage mechanics & provide support to them for new tech/vehicles
#Stop selling older generation products as they are doing bad than good for Tata brand.

The reason for this desperate move is that the auto giant is losing it's potential (Cab-market) customers to Japanese manufacturers, many has got to know the reliability of toyota etios and it's easy maintenance schedules where obviously everybody finds the initial investment quite high,but the long term is fruitful.

The bolt in this case was priced very much close to the zest where customer's felt Zest was a much better option, which was a heavy blow was the Baleno from Maruti where it took the eyes from usual swift buyers too!

Hope this goes well in the cabbie market.

Top Bottom