Tata To Launch Tiago Sports 120 BHP Instead Of Bolt Sport

Thread Starter #1
According to Autocar India, Tata Motors has shelved plans of introducing the Tata Bolt Sport this year, as sales of the regular Bolt has not met expectations. Given that the manufacturer is still interested in entering the nascent hot-hatch segment, Tata is reported to introduce a hotter version of the more popular Tata Tiago instead.

The engine under the hood will reportedly be a turbocharged version of the 1.2L three cylinder Revotron instead of the 1.2L four cylinder turbo engine from the Bolt Sport that makes 110 PS @ 5,500 rpm and 170 Nm.

The turbo engine in the Tiago Sport is rumored to produce over 120 hp which, taking the 1080 kg kerb weight into consideration, should make for a sprightly hatchback. It will be paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard.

To differentiate from the regular Tiago Revotron, it is likely to feature a sportier bodykit, different alloy rims and a larger exhaust pipe, while the suspension could be lowered and stiffened for better handling characteristics. The interior could also follow the performance theme, with aluminum race pedals, new trim options and fabric upholstery with contrast stitching.

Source: Tata Tiago with 120+bhp to launch instead of Bolt Sport

Tiago with 120 Bhp is gonna be EPIC !!! I wonder what the price will be.Anything under 8 Lakhs would be fine.Also I'm a bit worried a 3 Cylinder Motor doing all this,They can just pop the Bolt's 4 Cylinder Engine and do an ECU Remap/Tune up and call it a Day.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Tiago with 120 Bhp is gonna be EPIC !!! I wonder what the price will be.Anything under 8 Lakhs would be fine.Also I'm a bit worried a 3 Cylinder Motor doing all this,They can just pop the Bolt's 4 Cylinder Engine and do an ECU Remap/Tune up and call it a Day.
Ecosport has a 3 cylinder ecoboost. And I guess it was awarded the best engine as well.

8 lakhs would be the price for the bolt sports if launched.

It should retail under 6.5 lakhs for sure.

So, it's time for me to get back to the drawing board for a rendering.
The Compact hot Tiago would be perfect for enthusiasts. And given the extremely competitive pricing of the Tiago, the Tiago Sport would not be costing more than 7.5L which is just astounding value. Also expect it to get the touchscreen and climate control units from the Kite5 and also, maybe, probably, cruise control to actually stand collar to collar with the Polo GT TSi.
Also it would be absolutely sensuous if the Kite5 gets this HOT treatment, given that it already is a Coupe-ish sexy design.
Oh I'll be doing both renderings.

Thread Starter #5
The Compact hot Tiago would be perfect for enthusiasts. And given the extremely competitive pricing of the Tiago, the Tiago Sport would not be costing more than 7.5L which is just astounding value. Also expect it to get the touchscreen and climate control units from the Kite5 and also, maybe, probably, cruise control to actually stand collar to collar with the Polo GT TSi.
Also it would be absolutely sensuous if the Kite5 gets this HOT treatment, given that it already is a Coupe-ish sexy design.
Waiting for your rendering [cheers][cheers]

Awesome m8 :D This car already looks beautiful,The Sport Version should probably make it even hotter ! Cruise Control would be epic but it would still be behind a Polo GT TSi.I hope the Handling Department of this car will up upgraded as well.

Auto Portal has rendered the Hot Hatch Concept based on the TIAGO. It is exactly like the one I expected. An Extended hatch or a True Notchback.

View attachment 206814

View attachment 206815

View attachment 206816

The rear end image is the best I like.

Image Credit: AUTOPORTAL

SOURCE: AUTOPORTAL.COM
Wow the Sketch looks really Awesome TATA should consider True Notchback Version of TATA Kite5 with riased Suspension,widened wheel arcs with muscular clading with bigger 16inch rubber tyres [glasses]

Why are people expecting 7.5-8 price ? The petrol Tiago top end is for like 4.9 lakhs ex showroom. Tiago sport will have like just a turboed engine plus a few bells and whistles. I think it should not cost over 6.4 ex showroom. With 120bhp supposedly i hope they tune suspension well as most light hatchbacks don't handle that well on speed.

Here is my take on Tiago Sports

The revotron engine shares the same tech with JLR engine tech so a performance focused turbo charged 1.2L 3 cylinder may/should turn out to be a good mill, have no doubt about that as FE is not a priority. And I can hear the engine note even now

When it comes to cost, I assume 6.5 to 8 lacs as sports model will have diffrent suspension setup and bigger boots(tyres). Along with that if Tata go for notchback styling then the cost of development will be recovered from the model itself as we know there are very less takers of performance vehicles and more are kitna deti hai janta which makes sense.

However I can say that Tiago sports will get Tata the much needed applaud and brand value. Let's see when we can see it in reality.

So Zica, sway and third is sports??

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Here is my take on Tiago Sports

The revotron engine shares the same tech with JLR engine tech so a performance focused turbo charged 1.2L 3 cylinder may/should turn out to be a good mill, have no doubt about that as FE is not a priority. And I can hear the engine note even now
Is this true? [shock]. Any official statement from company regarding sharing of engine tech?
If there any it will be a killer [gun] Exhaust note too[evil]

This is great news but I hope the 120 BHP translates to real world performance . If it manages to hit the ton in around 9.5 seconds ( Would be a shame if it does not achieve that ) . a stiffer suspension setup , better tyres and a price tag of 8.5 lakhs then I can see plenty of enthusiasts flocking towards this. It would more than suffice for a enthusiast on a budget . But , but this is TATA we're talking about . How many times have they made the headlines on auto sites for a rumor of another "Sports" version of a car ? Something in me tells me that this will never happen. I would be euphoric if it does tho .

I don't think we should fancy too much about Tiago Sports. Currently the company has it's hands full with enough orders for the product and also with preparations for Kite5, Hexa and Nexon and maybe even the Pelican. Tiago Sports may not happen in a hurry.

In any case the Sports version isn't expected to garner much volumes, probably just about 5% of the product's monthly sales. The only sportier hatchback that sells in decent numbers is the Polo GT TSi, that too more for it's DSG Automatic transmission than it's turbo-charged engine.

Happy to hear this news. We are all enthusiasts and we know the beauty of a turbocharged 1.2 L /120 BHP engine. The masses are not like that.This may be putting strain on the introduction of this car, by tata. If you observe, even Maruti didn't came out with a real sport Swift as Swift is selling in good numbers. It would be nice to get this car ,but seems , we may have to wait a lot.

Top Bottom