Renault July 2016 Indian Car Sales Figures

Skoda July 2016 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata Motors July 2016 Indian Car Sales Figures

Toyota July 2016 Indian Car Sales Figures

Volkswagen July 2016 Indian Car Sales Figures

Thanks for the poast.
Polo june 2977, july 1047
Ameo july-2200
I think Ameo is gaining few numbers from polo as they are priced without big difference.

Good to see Tiago gaining MOM.

Thanks Vibhor for your monthly Car Sales Report.

The highlight for me Maruti, its sales is just running away, actually galloping, July & Dec are supposed to be very weak sales for all car mfr's, but Maruti has turned this on its head.

Most other mfr's except for Kwid here and Redi-Go (that's actually a surprise) there, are either stagnant or lower.

Maruti have got 10 out of the 13 cars in production as in the top 20 list. That is really commendable achievement from the country's top car maker. the only car that are not in top 20 are Ritz, Gypsy and Scross.

Complete control on indian car market.

Earlier National Green Tribunal (NGT) ban at Kerala affected the sales of Toyota Vehicles, particularly Innova and Fortuner. No wonder why Nippon Toyota contacted the High Court and sought out the much needed verdict.

Maruthi Suzuki is leading the market with majority of the market share. Their market share is almost consistent in these months. Whereas the market share of other brands are consistently away from Suzuki. So it is time to review their product line-ups according to GST bills.

Maruti: With 7 out of top 10 in their bag, the market leader is about to meet half of the market share. Last one year has clearly changed the fortune of maruti. All their models got success and become the market leader in their respective segment. In past people used to worry about buying a 10 lacs maruti car. Happy to see that baleno, ciaz and breeza could able to change that prospective. Does the elite i20 numbers includes i20 active as well. If this is the case then I feel baleno tops the premium hatchback segment.

Hyundai: Slow and steady wins the race. That’s what Hyundai is all about and they are able to keep the second spot. They are not in hurry to launch models or face lifted version like other manufactures. With overpriced creta and stunning i20 bringing the cash, I don’t see they have anything to worry about.

Tata: By heart I wish tata to do good in personal car segment. All their cars are really well featured but I still don’t understand why they carried the vista face in bolt and zest. People need something new when they spend millions of rupees. The success of tiago, and kite 5 is on its way, I started dreaming again for tata.

Chevrolet: Arrogant and step mother like attitude towards Indian customers totally killed the brand. I have a soft corner for beat but seeing the ignorance from Chevrolet to facelift it, I seriously have a doubt on its future. With about 2K sales I wonder how their dealers are surviving.

Ford: Good to see ecosport is gaining momentum. But I don’t see any reason for figo and aspire selling less than 1k. Both are good cars, but probably the reason both are not performing is because they have shifted their focus on mass market and not what they are known for.

Volkswagen: I don’t feel ameo numbers are actual figures sold to retail customers. It may be the dealer dispatch number. Looks like ameo is eating polo sales. Then what is the benefit of investing 720 crores to design a boot. Looking at polo number I feel that it badly need a facelift. Agree that its classy, but now a days people started loving curves.

Toyota: Innova crysta shows that, we Indians want good cars. If a car is well-built and have lots of feature, we Indian are not worry about spending money. But we have to accept the fact that, crysta is overpriced.

Renault: I just wish that, kwid can catch alto very soon. Renault could able to sense nerves of first time buyer. Get the illusion of a bigger car in a small package and it’s a hit.

If Maruti wants to profit from the crossover segment, then better bring the new SCross soon.

Chevrolet and Nissan must bring good cars if they want to earn good profit.

Tata sales increasing slowly and steadily. Soon we will have a full fledged Tata cars.

Hyundai must focus more on their sedan class as they have a good selling hatchback, premium hatchback and a crossover (mini SUV?)

VW figures show that Ameo is eating Polo's market share.

Does the elite i20 numbers includes i20 active as well. If this is the case then I feel baleno tops the premium hatchback segment.
Yes the Elite i20 numbers includes i20 active also. Elite i20 alone sold 8205 units.

Looks like Reno has lost confidence on Duster and just banking on Kwid. What a disappointing relaunch of Dusto. Did anyone find any difference from it's former? A bit costlier Creta is going gaga..
Despite all efforts and solid kids under the hood still Ford couldn't catch the pace. Time to rethink about their dealer network. Expand buddy expaaaand.
What a performance by Mahi -- Bolero was selling steadily more than 7K units prior to TUV300 and now it's selling close to 9K units including the numbers of TUV, KUV, NuvoSport. A big round of applause for such a great strategy
Happy to see Tiago doing good numbers. Don't know why did Tata come with Bolt/Zest when they had such beauties like Tiago and Kite under their belt.

Now it's proved, having just a great service network wont help in good sales. If not S-Cross could have lived after the price discount. Yes, the looks does matter and that is why S-Cross got killed.

Last edited:
[
[*]Maruti- all
]traditionall players have negative growth but maintain the leadership by faaaar due to recent successful and segment leader products. Hyundai- even after 1 yr Creta is selling above 7,000. Really great. Tough fight bw elite and baleno. Eon is losing battle mainly because of kwid. Mahindra-all products have negative growth except Tuv. Traditional players are showing their age. Honda- bad time . ciaz is new king of mid size sedan segment. B-rv is neutral only time will tell its fate. Jazz going decent if not great. Amaze is not amazing any more. Tata- nano is dying slow death. Tiago finds owners now but actual sells will come after initial bookings are delivered. Zest - not great but maintaining ~2000. Kite 5 is a need of TML asap. Renault- kwid only brand??????. Ford -ecosport is going great . figo twins are duds.

All traditional players have negative growth but maintain the leadership by faaaar due to recent successful and segment leader products.

Hyundai- even after 1 yr Creta is selling above 7,000. Really great.
I have just bought a CRETA 3 days ago. Demand for CRETA, I feel is just a hype maintained by dealers to say there is a demand and supply mismatch. All my collegues who bought CRETA in the recent past have been delivered a car with in a week or 10 days of booking. I initially planned to get a 1.4 S and get the Sat-nav system and Alloys installed. But they said S+ is available readily. SO just 1.17L high for S+ after Sat-nav system and Alloys (50K+) and with few more features and I picked up one instantly.

All 4 models of 1.4 S+ CRDi, 1.6SX+ AT CRDi, & 1.6 SX(O) CRDi and 1.6SX AT VTVT & 1.6 SX(O) VTVT are readily available at all Showrooms. They sales guy admitted that there has been a excess dump of these fast moving cars in the stockyards. If you book any other models there are made to order.

So I feel demand for CRETA is artificial.

Nuvosport is a joke (no offence to owners) and even the Bolt is selling more than that!

Good to see Tiago crossing the 5k mark, I really wish it to do well. The product is really good and TATA is trying somewhat hard to back it as well

Swift- numbers are declining and the biggest reason is the Baleno, i guess. Or is it Maruti killing it itself to make way for the 2017 model?

Kwid is over 80% of Renault and Nissan is near dead!

S-Cross is a beautiful product. Lets hope the mid life facelift will lift its volumes for at least a month or 2

Grand i10- Its an all rounder and the numbers are speaking for themselves. I guess till the new swift comes, Grand will dominate.

sorry for the random thoughts[:)]

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
July 2016: SIAM Sales Summary Report

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total 8,588,464 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers and quadricycle in April-July 2016 as against 7,809,525 in April-July 2015, registering a growth of 9.97 percent over the same period last year.

Domestic Sales

The sales of Passenger Vehicles grew by 9.23 percent in April-July 2016 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicles and Vans grew by 1.36 percent, 39.03 percent and 7.72 percent respectively during April-July 2016 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a growth of 9.65 percent in April-July 2016 as compared to the same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) registered a growth at 8.51 percent and Light Commercial Vehicles grew by 10.50 percent during April-July 2016 over the same period last year.

Three Wheelers sales grew by 17.32 percent in April-July 2016 over the same period last year. Passenger and Goods Carrier sales grew by 18.23 percent and 13.27 percent respectively in April-July 2016 over April-July 2015.

Two Wheelers sales registered a growth at 14.08 percent during April-July 2016 over April–July 2015. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters, Motorcycles and Mopeds grew by 24.13 percent, 9.35 percent and 20.04 percent respectively in April-July 2016 over April-July 2015.

Exports

In April-July 2016, overall automobile exports declined by (-) 10.20 percent. While Passenger Vehicles and Commercial Vehicles exports registered a growth of 9.49 percent and 8.84 percent, exports of Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers declined by (-) 40.42 percent and (-) 10.03 percent respectively in April-July 2016 over April-July 2015.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Purely from an auto enthusiast perspective, its a sad story when the largest selling cars have some very ordinary build quality and average dynamics, harping only on essentially useless features like folding ORVMs, touch-screens and shiny DRL inserts. But what would you expect from a country where majority of the people feel that wearing a seatbelt is a chore by itself, and that kids must sit on the drivers lap or prance about in the cabin, or that atleast 15 people must be squeezed into a Mahindra/Force Motors Utility vehicle. Thank god for forums like Automotive India where we can atleast vent our frustration ! [anger]

As always am pleasantly amazed with the Innova holding on and increasing the Sales rate rock solidly.

BUT have they stopped selling the Zen Estilo ?

Last edited:
August 2016
Maruti Suzuki August sales by 12%. Ciaz , Compact cars and its UV segment contributes significantly to Maruti Suzuki's sales numbers.

m.JPG
The company sold 1.19 lakh vehicles in India, higher by 12.3 percent while exports grew by 10.8 percent to 12,280 units compared with year-ago period.

source

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom