Coverage: All-New Toyota Fortuner Introduced in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Toyota Fortuner Spotted Testing in India

Toyota Fortuner Petrol Model To Launch End Of 2016

the Fortuner will be powered by the 2.7-litre, four-cylinder, dual VVT-i petrol engine. The power plant will churn out 162bhp of power and 245Nm of peak torque which will be mated probably to a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
Toyota will offer the diesel variant as well on the Next-Gen Fortuner and powering the SUV will be a 2.4-litre GD engine and a 2.8-litre engine which is seen in the Innova Crysta.
Exclusive: Toyota Fortuner Petrol Model Launch Confirmed For 2016 - DriveSpark

The same variant is available here in Kuwait. Few photos posted in this ownership thread.

What I noticed is that rear profile of Innova Crysta is identical to this new variant of Toyota Fortuner. Both share certain parts, and percentage of parts sharing is much more in the upcoming version than the outgoing versions.

FROM AUTOCAR FORUM

Seems launch of the new Fortuner in India is right around the corner. Check out these first pics of the India-spec car at a Gujarat Dealership.

Attachments

The same variant is available here in Kuwait. Few photos posted in this ownership thread.

What I noticed is that rear profile of Innova Crysta is identical to this new variant of Toyota Fortuner. Both share certain parts, and percentage of parts sharing is much more in the upcoming version than the outgoing versions.
I have not seen the new Fortuner in flesh but I agree. Looking at the dealership pics posted by Chethan it looks too much like the Crysta albeit much more butch. I hope the price difference is not too much or else Crysta itself will cannibalise Fortuner sales and you wont need a Endeavour to do that.

New Toyota Fortuner price, specifications and equipment details emerge

Will also get a 2.7-litre petrol engine along with the 2.8 diesel; lower-spec 2.4 diesel to join later. Launch this November; booking open.

New Toyota Fortuner price

Toyota is confident enough to give the Fortuner a heavy price tag, and sources have informed us that ex-showroom prices will be over Rs 30 lakh. Currently, the top-spec 4X4 AT car costs Rs 28 lakh.
New Toyota Fortuner equipment details

The diesel cars will be fitted with 18-inch alloys, while the petrol will have 17-inch rims. In terms of variants, there will only be one fully loaded version at launch. Additional features include segment first bi-beam LED headlamps with LED daytime running lamps and push-button start to name a few.
New Toyota Fortuner launch date

Toyota will launch the SUV in November and cars have already been seen in dealership around the country. Dealerships are accepting bookings for the new Fortuner with deliveries being promised around early November.
Source: Autocar India

Fortuner Specifications

This is what available now here in Kuwait. Superior interiors. Hope the same features will be available with Indian version.

• 4000cc – V6 – 235hp VVT-I (Variable Valve Timing – Intelligent).
  • Tiptronic transmission 6 Speed.
  • Fuel tank capacity = 80 Liters.
  • ABS (Anti-lock brake system).
  • 3 SRS airbags.
  • Leather seats + Power driver seat.
  • Fog Lamps.
  • Side Step.
  • Wooden dashboard.
  • Front LED Lights + DRL (Daytime Running Lamp).
  • Alloy wheels 18 Inch.
  • Rear spoiler.
  • Automatic air-condition (Central).
  • Rear & Front Sensors.
  • Front Display + Navigation System + Rear Camera.
  • 6 Speakers + DVD player + AUX + USB + Bluetooth.
  • Smart key system with Start stop button.
  • Steering wheel with Audio Control.
  • Retractable Mirrors.
  • Roof Rails.
  • Cruise Control.
  • Cooler Box.
  • Power Rear Door

More details here.

There are so many rumours going on about pricing of new fortuner. The bracket of speculation is around 10 lakh (20-30 lakh) ex show room price

I just checked price in other countries which are around 21 to 25 lakh as per Indian currency. Another point here is that endeavour is priced more than fortuner in those countries, almost all of them

Is it the case that India is a special country where fortuner becomes better than endeavour???

Regards
Neeraj

Hi, Respected member please help here. i understand price and variants will be out on 7th Nov, but anyone has more info here.

1. Will there be 2.4 and 2.8 engine option launched at same time?
2. What about petrol variant?
3. Price range for 2.4, 2.8 and petrol variant?

Regards
Neeraj

India-spec 2016 Toyota Fortuner variants leak ahead of national launch

Available in both petrol and diesel variants.

Ahead of its confirmed launch on November 7, a the variant list of the 2016 Toyota Fortuner is circulating on social media. The new Toyota Fortuner will reportedly come in petrol and diesel variants from the first day.

Toyota Kirloskar Motor is reported to launch the new Fortuner in six variants: 4×2 Petrol MT, 4×2 Petrol AT, 4×2 Diesel MT, 4×2 Diesel AT, 4×4 Diesel MT, 4×4 Diesel AT. It appears that the 6-speed automatic gearbox is optional in all variants, while a 4WD system is exclusive to the top-end diesel variant.

The new Fortuner will source its engine from the Innova Crysta, although the text states that it will not be offered with the smaller 2.4L GD diesel option. So, the diesel variant will pack the bigger 2.8-liter GD diesel engine. The petrol variant will source power from a 2.7-liter four-cylinder petrol engine which was recently introduced on the Innova, though its availability will be initially restricted to Delhi-NCR and Mumbai

Some of the features equipped in the top-end grades include LED projector headlights, LED daytime running lights, A-TRC Traction Control (TRC) system, Down Hill Assist Control (DAC) system, electric tailgate, electrically adjustable driver’s seat, cruise control, T-Connect infotainment system with satellite navigation and reversing camera.

Source: IAB

Thread Starter #13

Akash1886

Honoured Member

We are attending the official launch of the new Toyota Fortuner on 07th November in Delhi. Detailed coverage as always is assured. Please post your queries here if any![:)]

Regards

Akash

Returning back here after a long time, work and my bike rides looted all my time :)
There were issues reported in Thailand and Philippines regarding transmission failure in some vehicles, hope Toyota has sorted this out for the India specific Fortuner!

I am not sure why Toyota missed the Sunroof option, will there be a option to fit Sunroof at Toyota itself as an added accessory?

Thread Starter #15

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

We attended the launch of the All New Toyota Fortuner today here in Delhi. The new design is boasting of fluidic language and personally I find the out-going model to be externally much more charming and handsome. Here is the Official Coverage of the launch for The Automotive India. Thanks to all for supporting me and to Vibhor.[:)]

20161107_134117.jpg

20161107_142113.jpg

20161107_142346.jpg

20161107_142436.jpg

20161107_142446.jpg

20161107_142544.jpg

20161107_142615.jpg

20161107_142629.jpg

20161107_142646.jpg

20161107_142652.jpg

20161107_142659.jpg

20161107_143145.jpg