Tata Bolt Begins Selling in Commercial Vehicle Segment

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guyz,

Today morning I spotted a white Tata Bolt with Yellow number plate.
Got curious as Zest/Bolt have not started selling in Commercial segment yet.

I could not snaps as it was raining but the number is "MH-36F 86XX" and dealer is
"AKG Cars "

Thanks
Bimlendra

Re: Tata Bolt started selling in Commercial vehicle segment

Yes. I was in Pune for the weekend & saw atleast 2 Tata Bolts with yellow plates. I think the company has started permitting commercial registrations for the Bolt, as it had discontinued the Vista model few months ago. In any case, the Bolt wasn't getting much volumes. The Zest continues to garner decent volumes and hence may Not be pushed into the commercial segment soon.

Tata Tiago is now billed as its comeback vehicle as both Bolt and Zest was unsuccessful in creating an impact in its respective segments.

Gr610.jpg

Source

YES........................
I have seen daily two numbers of Bolt with Yellow number plate in Pune traffic. Yesterday I went to car décor shop at Nashik phata, their I have seen Bolt XE Diesel. They are fitting music system for car.
I own Bolt, the good things for Bolt owner is that now sales will increase and due to which spare parts will now easily available.

Hello Guyz,

I could not snaps as it was raining but the number is "MH-36F 86XX" and dealer is
"AKG Cars "

Thanks
Bimlendra
You are right, Bolt is in taxi segment since mid of 2015.

Tata Tiago is now billed as its comeback vehicle as both Bolt and Zest was unsuccessful in creating an impact in its respective segments.

View attachment 205753

Source
There are many errors in the numbers shown by FE in the above image. For eg: Swift has sold only 37,049 units between Apr to June. July numbers are expected to be around 13,000. Hence only about 50,000 Swifts have been sold in the first 4 months of this fiscal. Even the Swift Dzire numbers are expected to be around 64,000 odd. Honda Amaze number should be around 8,000 only. Xcent & Zest numbers for this fiscal are pretty much correct. Most of the other figures are also pretty much correct.

BOLT is seen here in Hyderabad plenty adorned with Yellow boards. I travel round Banjara-Jubilee hills and Kondapur areas and see a lot of new BOLT cars in the Taxi segment. That time i thought was that it should have sold more than 1500-2000 cars in the month of June. But was disappointed to see that dispatches were less. Maybe it was clearance for most dealers, and we'll see good numbers in the following days.

Probably the only reason for what I stay away from tata cars is that they quickly go for taxi market if some cars are not doing good. When I was roam around for a car I shortlisted zest but its a shame that tata has carry forwarded that egg shape shell even in zest too. Why TATA, can't you guys make a small change at the front. The next nightmare was that time if I buy zest I may have to face people waving their hands thinking that it might be a taxi. I understand tata might make some loss if they don't sell a car for taxi segment. But in the long run things will change. Tata has everything but their poor showroom experience and their sales strategy is hampering the brand.

Probably the only reason for what I stay away from tata cars is that they quickly go for taxi market if some cars are not doing good. When I was roam around for a car I shortlisted zest but its a shame that tata has carry forwarded that egg shape shell even in zest too. Why TATA, can't you guys make a small change at the front. The next nightmare was that time if I buy zest I may have to face people waving their hands thinking that it might be a taxi. I understand tata might make some loss if they don't sell a car for taxi segment. But in the long run things will change. Tata has everything but their poor showroom experience and their sales strategy is hampering the brand.
Today Maruti Suzuki sells way more Taxis than any other manufacturer. Alto, WagonR, Swift, Dzire, Ertiga, Omni, Eeco, Ritz and even the Ciaz are all sold as Taxis today, that too in several thousands every month. Probably people like you just shut your eyes & mind when you see a Maruti Suzuki donning a Yellow number plate.

I think that a car being successful in the Taxi segment just proves that the product is reliable & cost-efficient. Hence I am not against buying a car which is popular in the Taxi segment. It is just the argument like yours that pisses me off. If I like a car which is also popular in the Taxi segment, I might just choose a colour other than White & Silver.

Last edited:
You have mentioned some points about the egg like looks and taxi image where as you have not mentioned about the build quality and safety of the vehicle.Please refer the below link

A Maruti Baleno rear ends a VW Jetta, and the images of the aftermath are shocking! | Motoroids

I am an owner of a TATA Zest and am very happy with the overall performance of the car. If you think about people saying it a taxi or a looks matching with Indica I really dont care as I am the one who is going to drive it. I drive it roughly 1000kms a month on bad roads or no roads sections and car performs like beauty. I previously owned a maruti vehicle and now a TATA vehicle I find TATA ASS far more better than Maruti ASS in all the aspects.

Probably the only reason for what I stay away from tata cars is that they quickly go for taxi market if some cars are not doing good. When I was roam around for a car I shortlisted zest but its a shame that tata has carry forwarded that egg shape shell even in zest too. Why TATA, can't you guys make a small change at the front.
. I understand tata might make some loss if they don't sell a car for taxi segment. But in the long run things will change. Tata has everything but their poor showroom experience and their sales strategy is hampering the brand.
Its purely an imagination [lol]

from BMW/Merc to Toyota/Maruthi/TATA, all the manufactures cars are there in TAXI segment.

When it comes to build quality, the egg shape shell is better than tin can cars.

even I don't understand, why Maruthi didnt changed the baleno front face, it just looks like extended swift[frustration]

Have never faced any issues with TASS and its service from past 4 yrs and 1,18,000Kms [glasses]

Last edited:
You have mentioned some points about the egg like looks and taxi image where as you have not mentioned about the build quality and safety of the vehicle.Please refer the below link

A Maruti Baleno rear ends a VW Jetta, and the images of the aftermath are shocking! | Motoroids

I am an owner of a TATA Zest and am very happy with the overall performance of the car. If you think about people saying it a taxi or a looks matching with Indica I really dont care as I am the one who is going to drive it. I drive it roughly 1000kms a month on bad roads or no roads sections and car performs like beauty. I previously owned a maruti vehicle and now a TATA vehicle I find TATA ASS far more better than Maruti ASS in all the aspects.
When you compare Baleno, Then let's compare it with something in its segment. If not the case let a case happen when a ambassador rear end zest and see how it looks.

We talk about safety but except it or not looks and feel also complements us. Otherwise we would have keep on buying ambassador or safer European cars. Do we buy ?

I have never said that tata vehicle is bad. Even I liked it more than any car when I was about to buy a car last year. Even the sales guy said that Tata is not going to sell it in taxi segment. But see how it flipped. Looks are subjective and I would never buy a vehicle which has it's shell carrying forward for last 10 years. If I am spending close to a million I would expect it to have a fresh look.

Regarding Tata ASS, might be in your city its good.

Probably the only reason for what I stay away from tata cars is that they quickly go for taxi market if some cars are not doing good. When I was roam around for a car I shortlisted zest but its a shame that tata has carry forwarded that egg shape shell even in zest too. Why TATA, can't you guys make a small change at the front.
. I understand tata might make some loss if they don't sell a car for taxi segment. But in the long run things will change. Tata has everything but their poor showroom experience and their sales strategy is hampering the brand.
Its purely an imagination [lol]

from BMW/Merc to Toyota/Maruthi/TATA, all the manufactures cars are there in TAXI segment.

When it comes to build quality, the egg shape shell is better than tin can cars.

even I don't understand, why Maruthi didnt changed the baleno front face, it just looks like extended swift[frustration]

Have never faced any issues with TASS and its service from past 4 yrs and 1,18,000Kms [glasses]
True that all manufacturers sell cars to taxi segment, but the amount of cars tata has in taxi segment no other vendor has.

Agree that baleno has extended swift looks but still it sells but bolt or zest not. Did you analyze the reason why? Because people got bored of this egg shape and they expect tata to come with fresh looks which they did with tiago and it worked. So tata has to see what market wants not what they wants.

True that all manufacturers sell cars to taxi segment, but the amount of cars tata has in taxi segment no other vendor has.
In the cabs sector most of the hatchbacks are indicas but in Sedan or Sub 4 m section it mostly Maruti dezire or Eios. In the Multi Utility sections Its majorly Innovas followed by Xylos still if you say TATA dominates the Taxi segment you can see the sales figures off all the vehicle sold in last few years.
Agree that baleno has extended swift looks but still it sells but bolt or zest not. Did you
analyze the reason why? Because people got bored of this egg shape
Swift was sold but if you say only for design I wont agree It has one of the most cramped back seat. Maruti is successful in targeting the "Kitna Deti hai" audience in India and that is also one more reason.

Regarding Tiago its not only the design but also people have started gaining back the confidence in TATA after the overall experience of Zest and Bolt.

Top Bottom