Isuzu MU-X Launched in India @ Rs.23.99 Lakh

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
News-2016-Isuzu-MU-X-Specs-Concept-Front-View-Exterior-Release-Date.jpg

Friends,

Isuzu which is well known for its robust engines in our national car 'Ambassador' has plans to launch its new SUV in India by end of this year. The new SUV, MU-X shall be competing with the likes of Ford Endeavor and Toyota Fortuner. MU-X replaces the present MU-7 of Isuzu. In terms of looks, the MU-X has a lot of resemblance to the Chevrolet Trailblazer and definitely has a more aggressive exterior design. Now, will it be able to stand the heat of competition here is yet to be seen! Pricing and Product marketing will be a significant aspect for making it survive in India in my view.

Regards

Akash

Re: Isuzu To Launch MU-X SUV in India.

With the entry of such SUV's the heat is ON in this segment in INDIA. But to outstand in this list one must have SUV's real DNA along with new generation sophisticated features.

In this list Ford has truly put a benchmark to outstand. If someone has to overcome this then price tag could play major role. 1-2 lac difference would not make difference when consumers buying cars in this segment.

INDIA car maker like M&M, TATA, FORCE, MarutiSuzuki are lagging behind in such segments.

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Isuzu To Launch MU-X SUV in India.

INDIA car maker like M&M, TATA, FORCE, MarutiSuzuki are lagging behind in such segments.
I would say TATA and M&M have the capability to roll out a premium SUV in bracket of 20-25 Lacs. At present Safari and XUV fall in bracket of 12-15 Lacs (Ex-showroom) bracket and both of them at present do not have anything to compete against Ford and Toyota. M&M's upcoming MPV will compete Innova, TATA's Hexa is also a Innova competitor so this segment is being left untapped at present by them. Isuzu has a history of being a brand providing robust products whether its engines or their limited model portfolio. I have driven the D-Max and with all it's shortcomings, one thing is there that it has a powerful engine with very good built quality. As of features, yes, it can be definitely worked on. But Force and Maruti aren't even in contention here reason being Force is primarily into heavy commercial vehicles and people know Force by the Tempo Traveler. Their SUV sold very less and brand Force if compared to Isuzu still has a lot to do to improve its standing in passenger car / SUV segment. Also, Isuzu has provided its vehicles in International markets where as Force does not have anything actually substantial to offer neither to India nor to international markets except the fact that they are building engines for German Car brands. Coming to Maruti, Well, Not in near future atleast we are getting a Endeavor and Toyota Fortuner competitor. Also, Maruti knows well, the moment they step beyond 10 Lacs starting price they'll hit their legs on the axe. Maruti is known for it's mass market image and not for providing ultra premium SUVs / Sedans in India. Also SUV's of such types require lot of metal which I don't think Maruti shall ever do for us. So, lets put the speculation of Maruti's high end SUV to rest.

Regards

Akash

Re: Isuzu To Launch MU-X SUV in India

Friends,

Isuzu which is well known for its robust engines in our national car 'Ambassador' has plans to launch its new SUV in India by end of this year. The new SUV, MU-X shall be competing with the likes of Ford Endeavor and Toyota Fortuner. MU-X replaces the present MU-7 of Isuzu. In terms of looks, the MU-X has a lot of resemblance to the Chevrolet Trailblazer and definitely has a more aggressive exterior design. Now, will it be able to stand the heat of competition here is yet to be seen! Pricing and Product marketing will be a significant aspect for making it survive in India in my view.

Regards

Akash
This car is nothing but a badge engineering version of the CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER . The interior dashboard layout is ditto. Exterior dimensions are almost identical and will share the same set of engines.

I don't understand why these companies price these cars so expensive. Wouldn't it make sens ejust going for one of the premium german SUV's like the Q3, GLA or X1?

Just thought will attach a few pics of the beast. I was traveling in Kuala Lumpur & found this beast parked nearby my apartment.

Sorry for the quality, as I had very little time & had to capture with my mobile phone camera.

Attachments

Hi any updates on the launch date of this SUV.If priced reasonably Isuzu can have a winner.The Fortuner and Endeavour have moved up in terms of features and pricing creating a void in the 20-25 (OTR)Lac segment.If one were to consider Australian reviews ,the Mux is a reliable and tough vehicle for the price.I am of the opinion that in today's market scenario this vehicle can at best be compared to the last generation Toyota Fortuner but with more features.

Regards

Looks like the launch is getting near.But what i do not understand is why is Isuzu launching the older version rather than the 2017 facelifted Thailand version .

Isuzu MU-X India launch date, price, interior, exterior photos and specifications - Autocar India

Regards
May be they want to clear the excess inventory at Thailand by bringing them here as CKD kits and once they are done with it, they will launch the facelifted version. Moreover it will help them to price it aggressively. MU-X is cheaper than Endeavour and Fortuner in overseas markets and it is not as feature rich as either of the two, hence it should be cheaper by 2-4 lakhs.

If it would undercut Fortuner and Endeavour by a substantial margin then Isuzu has a winner in its hands. Then it would overlap with the likes of grown-up elite i20 (Tuscon) which is grossly overpriced as niether it provides 7 seats nor 4x4 [anger]

Some Spyshots of beast that's launching on 4th May 2017.

Attachments

@ Gautam , Thank you so much for the pictures. Any idea of the pricing and how was the overall fit and finish of the vehicle in case you have seen it personally.Since Isuzu is pitting the Mu X against the Endeavour and Fortuner ,is it a worthy contender ?

Thanks again.
Regards

Last edited:

Im curious on Mu-X's positioning !
Isuzu did hit a bulls eye with the V-Cross clocking decent number with close to 1500 units already delivered. I'm guessing Mu-X will be local assembled unlike its twin the CBU Chevy Trailblazer. I had seen this diesel car multiple times with one of the Isuzu dealership in middle east ,though i think its not officially available in middle east market , its definitely better looking than the older pre-facelift trailblazer available in India.

It could do great numbers if they launch it below 20 Lakhs!

Last edited:

@ Gautam , Thank you so much for the pictures. Any idea of the pricing and how was the overall fit and finish of the vehicle in case you have seen it personally.Since Isuzu is pitting the Mu X against the Endeavour and Fortuner ,is it a worthy contender ?

Thanks again.
Regards
Its is expected to come with aggressive price-tag coz of 95% localisation.

Let's hope for the best

Top Bottom