Nissan June 2016 Indian Car Sales Figures

Renault June 2016 Indian Car Sales Figures

Skoda June 2016 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata Motors June 2016 Indian Car Sales Figures

Toyota June 2016 Indian Car Sales Figures

Volkswagen June 2016 Indian Car Sales Figures

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Good One as always Vibhor![clap] Nice to see Datsun gaining some foothold with Redi-Go and what surprised me was the sales of S-Cross. Man..in May 2016, it had 2100+ units and all of a sudden down to just 100+ units (3 figures!) in June 2016 i.e almost 2000 units fall in the sales. Innova Crysta on the other hand seems to be casting it's magic.

Regards

Akash

[:)]It seems like kuv 100 will settle in 2-3k in upcoming months. Tata tiago is going strong, Zest is gaining too but overtaken by aspire. Nuvosport is dead product. Ready go seems to have good start as of Datsun expectations. Toyota steals the show with crysta. Kwid has become a brand now.i20 ahead of baleno.swift below 10k. Honda is having bad time. Even city has drastic reduction.

110 S-Cross? Has the demand gone down to that extent? A reasonable drop in sales was expected from Maruti due to plant shutdown. But 110?
2200+ Indica and 1900+ Indigo is a good achievement for Tata. Even Tiago sales are increasing. Good job Tata.
What happened to City sales. It was in 5000 range two months back. Now its settling in 3000-4000 range.
Considering the present sales, Chevrolet really needs to come up with some new products.
Kwid sold 9400+ and Redi-go sold 2900+ . Looks like the new platform is a blessing for both companies.

Datsun Redi Go is a real surprise for the month.
Ford Is suddenly started doing better with Aspire and Ecosport.
In Premium hatchback category the I20 is still a king. Baleno's sales goes down, any reason behind that? May be they are focusing on Breeza sales. The Swift's is slowly decreasing month by month. Effected by own sibling Baleno badly.
Honda City is holding is sales chart strongly. Where as Ciaz is falling short.
The absolute shock is for Scross though.
Mahindra's none of the product doing great except the XUV.

Baleno's sales goes down, any reason behind that? May be they are focusing on Breeza sales. The Swift's is slowly decreasing month by month. Effected by own sibling Baleno badly.
Maruti car's sales were bad in June as the plants were shut down due to the fire in subros
But the SCross figure is a shocker.

Maruti went down due to shut down and fire at Subros however others sold better numbers ie TATA & Ford something to read between the lines??

I think In car market people wait( here in case of Maruti) if they have finalised on one brand. Shut down or loss of production for one week dosent means others take the sales specially in car market.

Tata Tiago- success is written all over on the face of this amazing high quality VFM product. Its not only a threat to cars in its segment rather it is challenging Upper segment) Grand i10 & others and lower segment as well by hitting the upper version of Kwid & like. Great pricing Tata

Ford Figo & Aspire - Great products and good ownership experience with great new add campaigns shelling out the sales for Ford. Speciality the new app of service cost is making a lot of difference as general perception is that cost of ASS is pretty high for Ford. Keep on going Ford.

Mahindra KUV100- When launched, criticised by everyone including me for the looks however the risk of entering a new segment with a different approach payed to Mahindra. Am really happy that Indian companies locking horns with biggies.

Renault Kwid - Mini SUV looks & touch screen system in the segment - success mantra. True Challenger to Alto[clap] Top 5th position with such a less dealerships compared to Maruti is an achievement Renault!!

Great market move this month. Interesting [glasses]

I think we shouldn't be too surprised with lower numbers from most Maruti Suzuki models. The company clearly had a production loss to the extent of 25K units or so, which affected the dispatch numbers for the month. I am pretty sure that there is no slack in demand for Maruti cars & that numbers will bounce back in July. We Indians cannot become wiser all of a sudden. It's been years & years that we Indians have been lapping up their over-rated products, despite having superior options from other manufacturers.

Mahindra's new launches are not able to sustain the initial euphoria beyond the initial few months. After fall in sales of TUV300, even the KUV100 numbers are now starting to go down. The NovoSport didn't even start. I think Mahindra will certainly need to promote these products a lot more to prop up their sales.

Honda is struggling with sales of it's Diesel versions is what is heard. Most of the despatches in the recent months are for the Petrol versions as accumulated stock of Diesel cars at dealer level is being cleared.

June was certainly a month to rejoice for Tata Motors. Tiago numbers were expected to go up on the back of strong bookings. But surprisingly the strong foot-fall in Tata dealerships seems to have had a rub-off effect on the sales of it's other models too. I just hope they are able to sustain this momentum in the coming months. Nano being the only major disappointment. It's dying again. Or are they sacrificing the Nano numbers in order to boost Tiago despatches temporarily? Ever since the commissioning of the Sanand plant, it has never produced these many cars in a single month. The number is now approaching 5000 units. The plant has a peak capacity of over 20,000 units. But ramp-up will take some time in terms of manpower, tooling and supply of parts from various vendors.

Renault-Nissan Alliance despatched 17049 cars, just short of Mahindra's 17070 numbers. We could see a new No.3 in July. The Kwid & the RediGo together accounted for around 70% of that number. It will be interesting to see if these 2 models can sustain the strong demand in the coming months or if they can even manage to increase it further.

Last edited:
Redigo has been able to put good numbers inspite of having less dealers.Most of the new launches has done good,Innova ,Redigo,Tiago,BRV.Nuvosport is dead on arrival.KUV100 has started to loose the numbers.As usual Creta & Brezza are doing well.

Healthy numbers for newer models
Kwid
Tiago
KUV
What happened to Maruti? All numbers are falling
S-Cross
Swift
Mahindra is suffering, due to its complacency
Datsun doing great with Redi-go

CHEVROLET
New launches are a must, followed by good marketing. No models sell more than 1000 units.

FIAT
It's high time Fiat starts thinking beyond Punto and Linea. I don't think even recent power up strategy is going to work. Luxury car manufacturers sell more cars than Fiat.

FORD
Recent price cut for Ecosport has really helped Ford. Brezza is way ahead, but Ecosport numbers are not reduced. Figo twins are not doing as expected. Old Figo used to sell more. Endeavour figures are decent enough, considering the price & segment.

HONDA
Honda car sales have taken a hit in recent few months. City is selling only 50 percent compared to average sales figures since launch. Yes, City is the segment leader again( thanks to production issues at Maruti). Amaze is the most affected and Figo Aspire sells more. There is nothing to write about Mobilio & Brio. BR-V figures are above average (need to wait and watch).

HYUNDAI
Grand I10 is the highest selling Hyundai. This car was launched in 2013 and is selling more every year. My dad said "A car which sells more than the initial launch period is a true success". All other cars are doing almost same numbers except for old I10.

MAHINDRA
KUV 100 could be termed as a success. Marketing strategy by calling it a mini SUV has worked out for Mahindra. Bolero sales are nowhere near to 10K figures (which was the usual numbers last year). XUV 500 sales are steady. TUV 300 figure are on decline since launch. Mahindra can safely discontinue other models on sale.

Maruti Suzuki
All Maruti cars have taken a hit, thanks to fire outbreak at Subros plant. I can't comment anything on sales figures for this month. We need to analyse August figures. July figures would be higher due to production issues in June. I really hope S-Cross is affected due to Subros fire issue. 110 units almost gave me a heart attack.

NISSAN
Redi go is the only saviour for Nissan. No other cars have crossed 1000 units. Terrano sales are very disappointing.

RENAULT
Kwid is the 2 nd best selling car in entry level segment. Kwid has managed to get many customers into Renault showrooms. Renault should make use of this opportunity and launch more models. Duster is doing decent numbers unlike it's cousin, Terrano. Lodgy is a flop.

SKODA
Skoda is struggling to sell Rapid. Combined sales figure doesn't cross 1000 units.

TATA
It looks like Indian customers have accepted Tiago. It is doing pretty good. Other models are doing almost same as before.

Toyota
Innova Crysta is a runaway success. Many were skeptical about it considering the price. But Toyota has proved them wrong. Innova Crysta has a waiting period.

Volkswagen
Polo is selling around 3K units consistently. Vento sales have declined and settled to around 1K.

Out of the top 10 selling cars,
Maruti : 5/10
Hyundai : 3/10
Renault : 1/10
Toyota : 1/10

It would have been 7/10 for Maruti if production was not halted. Vitara Brezza and Celerio would have easily made into top 10.

Cheers!!

Last edited:
please help me if am wrong here, Subros supply to other manufacturers as well not only Maruti which means others were impacted as well if not same as Maruti and the plant shut down was already planned thus the production was planned accordingly. So I have a feeling that the dip in Maruti sales are not only because of above mentioned reasons only.

please help me if am wrong here, Subros supply to other manufacturers as well not only Maruti which means others were impacted as well if not same as Maruti and the plant shut down was already planned thus the production was planned accordingly. So I have a feeling that the dip in Maruti sales are not only because of above mentioned reasons only.
Yes it is due to Subros as they are the supplies to Maruti Suzuki. Due to this 30K cars were out of production with priority given to Baleno and Vitara Brezza because of their huge bookings. All other cars were down prioritized. In addition to that MS had advanced their maintenance schedule so that as to stabilize the Subros supply of AC units

Subros Limited, founded in 1985 as a joint venture public limited company with 40% ownership by Suri family of India and 13% ownership by Denso Corporation & Suzuki Motor Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom