Akash1886

Honoured Member
Linea 3.jpg

frontview.jpg

punto-flyout-new.jpg
(Representative Pics)​

The Linea 125 S has power uprated to 123bhp from same 1.4-litre engine
The Linea 125 S gets a touchscreen multimedia features and 16-inch alloys
The Punto Evo now gets the 1.3-litre diesel motor in the 90bhp guise.

Fiat India has introduced the Linea 125 S in the country priced at 7.82 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Fiat India has also updated the Punto Evo and Avventura lineup that are now badged as 'PowerTech' and is available across all three trims - Active, Dynamic and Emotion. Apart from the branding, the PowerTech moniker has introduced the 90bhp iteration of the 1.3-litre diesel engine.
Link

Regards

Akash

Re: FIAT launches New Linea 125s & Upgraded Punto Evo and Avventura

Linea T jet with 125 BHP at 7.82 looks like a nice offering from Fiat.
I know this car is already 8 years old Model, but the ergonomics and punch in driving is still un matched by any car below 15 L.

Hope good sense prevails and people start buying this car.

Cheers !!
SG

FIAT launches New Linea 125s & Upgraded Punto Evo and Avventura

I don't feel only power upgrade is going to help to improve the sales chart unless fiat improve their after sales service.Linea and punto has everything to sell better.But poor marketing and ass killing both products.

I don't feel only power upgrade is going to help to improve the sales chart unless fiat improve their after sales service.Linea and punto has everything to sell better.But poor marketing and ass killing both products.
I never ever faced any issue with afer-sales service for the Linea that I owned. I sold it off only because I wanted to buy an SUV/part soft roader.

Agreed Fiat dont have much of a reach, but where they do, there shouldnt be a problem at all. Why do people need a service center at every nook and corner, as if their car is going to breakdown every 100 km ?

I never ever faced any issue with afer-sales service for the Linea that I owned.
Same here. I did have to wait once for an alternator for the Siena 1.6 as the part had to come from Brazil but that was 2 weeks. In fact the car went to the ASS for something other than the routine service only twice. Once for a radiator replacement (damaged by a stone) and once for the alternator replacement.

Agreed Fiat dont have much of a reach, but where they do, there shouldnt be a problem at all. Why do people need a service center at every nook and corner, as if their car is going to breakdown every 100 km ?
+1. Some manufacturers have a service centre just about anywhere. That's because their cars might need a service centre just about anywhere or anytime.

And see my signature.

FIAT launches New Linea 125s & Upgraded Punto Evo and Avventura

Problem starts when your car meets accident.Getting parts takes hell lot of time and they charge way more than other competitors for spares.

Problem starts when your car meets accident.
Agreed. But then how often do you meet with an accident?

Getting parts takes hell lot of time
Who told you this? Have you tried getting parts of the old Baleno?

and they charge way more than other competitors for spares.
Again can you post prices? And what parts are you talking about and how often do you replace them. All you need to do is look at the price list.

Fiat has a rich history of sins to atone, but general reliability and quality of service is not one of those, since Linea and Punto were introduced. On the other hand, no Mahindra product is complete without its special thread of niggles, and now TUV is also joining its brother XUV in that category. And what to say of the (post 2014) Honda City niggles.
Am not bashing up brands here in contravention of the TAI spirit, but just putting things in perpective about certain much maligned products.

Last edited:
Good move by FIAT. I wish they introduced atleast driver airbag in Dynamic variant of Punto Evo.

We(My dad) just got delivery of Punto Evo 1.3 75 bhp emotion [frustration] however might not have got the sweet deal i guess.
Mechanically FIAT cars are very reliable, I have been using my Punto for 5 years, we never had any problem with the car or with service center

Last edited:
I like Fiat cars and they have been India for long now. Somehow, because of the "Italian" concept, we Indians had not yet accepted the car, whereas we accept Japanese Suzuki cars as "Indian" . To tell the truth, we Indians can't stand the perfection part, we need some sort of imperfection in cars to accept them. Somehow, regarding FIAT, we have a bizarre explanation. Service network .Why we need a bloated service network , when a well built car is there? For me, FIAT sales is the annoying part. They are keeping products at a premium. Models are only just face lifts. Still, it is highly priced comparing to other models available.Lower end models will not be available at all. Correct me, if I am wrong.

Fiat India, and Fiat Group, on its part, have played a huge role in building this perception about their lack of enthusiasm for the Indian market. They have simply not invested enough on their own, relying instead on clutches of Tata for sales and service for a period of time. That was a stupid mistake. They should have had only the manufacturing part of the relationship. They took nearly 8 months to launch the Avventura since they displayed it at Auto Exp 2014. They created some good buzz at malls and public places in various cities in Aug, only to launch it towards November, after Diwali[cry]

Launching same car with different engine specification will not work for INDIA market as very few people understand the engine specs and performance related thing. Moreover Indian customer more focus on different shapes and features.

I think FIAT do not have a proper product lineup so they are missing a huge in market.
Fiat should think of launching there International product range to INDIA like Freemont a 7 seater luxury SUV and 7 seater MPV Doblo.

This will help them to get more audience and grab better part of market.

Top Bottom