Scoop! Toyota Begins Deliveries of Innova Crysta Petrol

Thread Starter #1
On June 9th, Gaadiwaadi.com released the news that Toyota will start delivering the Innova Crysta petrol from mid-August onwards. Here are some excerpts from the news article:

When we asked about the inclusion of a petrol engine into Innova’s lineup, Toyota said it will be introduced if the customers urge for it. In another exclusive report, we can now confirm from our trusted sources that Toyota is indeed bringing in the 2.7L petrol to India and deliveries will begin from the middle parts of August. Before that, the production process will commence from the 18th of July.

The petrol engine to be added to the dual diesel portfolio is a 2.7-litre four-cylinder unit with Dual VVT-i technology helping it to produce a maximum power output of 166 PS and 245 Nm of peak torque. It is expected to be launched with a six-speed manual transmission initially whilst an automatic option could join in a later time.
Source: Gaadiwaadi.com

Today in one of the local dailies, an enthusiastic Toyota dealer released this advertisement which signifies that Innova Crysta 2.7 Petrol deliveries may begin from the Month of August 2016 itself. Attached are the images from the newspaper ad:
crysta1.JPG
crysta2.JPG

Newspaper Ad:
d2269.png

After having called the dealer, we were informed:
  • Innova Crysta petrol will be priced INR 60-70,000 less than it's diesel counterparts
  • Innova Crysta Petrol will be available in both manual and automatic gearbox options
  • Bookings may open by mid-end July with prices being announced the then itself, booking amount expected to be 1 lakh.

Maybe Toyota has taken this step after going by the Delhi-NCR Diesel ban for over 2000cc diesel vehicles as well as the recent similar ban in Kerala which has been revoked for now. Any ways, it will be interestting to see how many buyers come up to get their hands on this high capacity 2.7l petrol engine equipped MPV. Kitna Deti hai anyone?

Link to newspaper ad: Innova Crysta Ad

Last edited:
Re: Toyota To Begin Deliveries of Innova Crysta Petrol From August 2016

On June 9th, Gaadiwaadi.com released the news that Toyota will start delivering the Innova Crysta petrol from mid-August onwards. Here are some excerpts from the news article:

Source: Gaadiwaadi.com
Any ways, it will be interestting to see how many buyers come up to get their hands on this high capacity 2.7l petrol engine equipped MPV. Kitna Deti hai anyone?

Link to newspaper ad: Innova Crysta Ad
With the imminent lifting of ban on Diesel Vehicle in Delhi, Petrol Crysta will see very low sales. There is going to be a surge in Crysta Diesel sales in the coming months.

Re: Scoop! Toyota To Begin Deliveries of Innova Crysta Petrol From August

I would say it is too little to late for TKM besides, to me this this doesn't make any sense. A 2.7L petrol engine with a 6 speed auto gear box will return a mileage of most probably of 5-6 kmpl max in urban cycle and max of 9-10 on the highway; what ever be the ARAI figures Toyota may release. It will be comfortable, peppy and uneconomical in the long run.

In addition to this, Supreme court will most likely lift its 2000CC Diesel Ban blanket ruling from Delhi NCR from July 11 I think its going to be dud, just like previous generation Petrol Innova which was discontinued due to unpopularity.

Just my two cents!

Peace!

The diesel automatic will be good for city traffic. In earlier innova there was no automatic, so a petrol variant was good for city commtute. But nobody wanted innova as a personal city commute, so it became a dud.

But due to delhi ban.

crysta with petrol is welcome in delhi because govt depts wont care about fuel bills . The officers,ministers, are big fans of innova and those who are replacing their official vehicle will go for a innova,

Last edited:

2.7 L 4 Cyl petrol is most probably the same which worked on Toyota Venza in US. it gives around 20-25 MPG which translates roughly to 8-10 KMPL, again with Indian traffic mileage may drop to 5-6.

I am not sure if it makes any sense for launching such a fuel guzzler in this class.

Cheers !!
SG

Attaching two photos of Crysta, (i) Metallic Grey, (ii) White. This is from Pathanamthitta (Kerala) show room.
Both colors are interesting.

20160705_181855_001.jpg

20160705_182049_001.jpg

Attaching two photos of Crysta, (i) Metallic Grey, (ii) White. This is from Pathanamthitta (Kerala) show room.
Both colors are interesting.

View attachment 204167

View attachment 204168

Although there is no doubt that the colour looks exquisite, but the first one is Bronze colour. Grey is next car standing in the picture (i).

Peace!

Well unless the 2.7 Petrol Automatic is prized at 2.4 Manual price, I dont see this selling well. I dont think the manual Petrol will sell at all.

Although there is no doubt that the colour looks exquisite, but the first one is Bronze colour. Grey is next car standing in the picture (i).
First one is metallic grey. It is really nice. There is dark red color Crysta beside metallic grey in the first photo. Both colors are nice.

Looking at the AD it says starts from 14.7 Lacs, I guess for TN that should be ex showroom price of 14.9 Lacs. The Cheapest Diesel AT is 16.4 Lacs in TN. So if you are looking for an Automatic only, and there is an OTR difference of 3 Lacs for GX variant and 5 Lacs difference for ZX variant and the running is not more than 20K per year, the Petrol Automatic may make sense. All depends on Toyota Pricing.

I dont think the Petrol Manual will sell as variant to variant there wont be much of a price difference, only infrastructure cess of 1.5% will be less for these Petrol variants.

Toyota Innova Crysta Petrol Variant Launched at Rs. 13.72 Lakh.

Toyota-Innova-Crysta-Petrol-2.jpg
Toyota-Innova-Crysta-Petrol-4-1.jpg
The Prices of Petrol Variant of Innova Crysta as follows:
GX 7 str MT – 13.72 Lakh
GX 7 str AT – 14.83 Lakh
VX 7 str MT – 16.56 Lakh
ZX 7 str AT – 19.62 Lakh

Source- GW

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

Sharing the exclusive pics for T.A.I of the Petrol Variant of Innova Crysta with literature from Toyota's Dealer in Noida.

20160808_134413.jpg

20160808_134310.jpg

20160808_134647.jpg

Regards

Akash

Any idea what is the weight of Petrol Innova Crysta- the Toyota Bharat website gives the weight of Diesel variants as between 1800-1870 Kg but is silent of the weight of Petrol variants. If the Petrol variant is 100 KG lighter it could help.

Top Bottom