Maruti Suzuki Jimny 4x4 Coming To India

Thread Starter #1
Suzuki will be launching the next gen Jimny in 2018. Will most probably arrive in India during the same year.

Suzuki Jimny will be a ladder chassis and four-wheel drive.

Under the bonnet will be Suzuki’s fuel-sipping 1.2-litre Dualjet petrol engine as recently revealed in the Swift, and a brand new 1.0-litre turbocharged ‘Boosterjet’ petrol. Suzuki hasn’t ruled out offering mild and full hybrid powertrains, either.
New Suzuki Ignis crossover due in 2017 | Auto Express

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Purely for enthusiasts Suzuki's NEXT GEN JIMNY spied on test.

The 2019 Jimny will a 'MADE IN INDIA' and exported to all other markets.
Will sit above the Ignis in Suzuki's product portfolio.

Will come in a wide range of customization options, AT variants with 4x4 to employ Suzuki’s Allgrip Pro system for true off-roading capabilities enhanced by low-range gearing.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.jpg
a-premiere-vue-le-jimny-devrait-etre-personnalisable-avec-quelques-coloris-decales.jpg

link

Purely for enthusiasts Suzuki's NEXT GEN JIMNY spied on test.

The 2019 Jimny will a 'MADE IN INDIA' and exported to all other markets.
Will sit above the Ignis in Suzuki's product portfolio.

Will come in a wide range of customization options, AT variants with 4x4 to employ Suzuki’s Allgrip Pro system for true off-roading capabilities enhanced by low-range gearing.

View attachment 230641
View attachment 230642
View attachment 230643
View attachment 230644

link
I doubt it will make it here, as still Suzuki doesn't have a good diesel to chug this mini beast, it's ugly looking, but butch, so maybe. It could be made here for export with 1 ltr boosterjet engine.

Just wOW! I quite liked the design personally there is some Defender G-wagen & Wrangler in the design its nice! Especially the camouflaged one looks like a G on camouflage from the rear . I'm quite positive on the Suzuki's new retro design elements just like in the Ignis ,new Alto in the making and now this clap!
But things going against Jimny are:
*The size, though compactness is good for offroading & urban use,the previous generation is a very tiny thing dimensions exactly matching the Celerio, its very narrow !
*Lack of new generation engines in India : 1.3 MJD & 1.0 booster jet would be just average for this SUV , previous generation weighed 1000-1100 kg,being ladder frame and to meet newer crash norms (not for India :P) also throwing in Suzuki's weight loss techniques like plastic tanks ,thin sheets & ultra tensile steels this should be weighing the same !
*Pricing : Last few launches from suzuki was quite over priced ! Ignis,Dzire & the S Cross, Maruti or Suzuki is not Hyundai or Toyota for India , hoping this to under cut Thar by a couple of lakhs!

If made in India with full safety and features kit & at the least with the FIAT 1.3 MJD this could win hearts of enthusiasts & masses together ! Also hoping they would come up with some practical versions of this one like LWB or a 5 Door !

Meanwhile, I wont say Suzuki got a lot inspired from this chinese butch :P :

Maruti have been saying or at least we have been hearing rumours that the Jimmy is being launched "Shortly" for the las 20 years. I doubt it's ever going to happen.

If it's coming in 2018, I'd be pretty excited to see how it performs and see the off roading abilities because I might probably be buying this particular model after two years from now, if in 2019 I should be skeptical since it's all new SUV with us being guinea pigs.

Will buy provided they put MJD making atleast 90hp, ~10 Lakhs with ABS and 2 Airbags and a decent 4WD mechanism.

Thread Starter #7
Suzuki Jimny starts production in Japan. Gets ready for a 2018 launch in Japan.

bocoran-produksi-Suzuki-Jimny-di-Jepang-630x421.jpg

Source:ACI

kkn13

Suspended
Maruti have been saying or at least we have been hearing rumours that the Jimmy is being launched "Shortly" for the las 20 years. I doubt it's ever going to happen.
Jimny is essentially the Gypsy
Seeing Jeep Renegade rumours,we can safely expect Jimny I feel

Thread Starter #9
Here is the 2018 Jimny. A 4 door version of Jimny will be the SIERRA / GYPSY for India.

Would come with a high degree of customization - dual tone/ hard-soft roof, etc,

2725625.jpg
2725629.jpg
2725627.jpg

Source: various twitter a/c

kkn13

Suspended
This would be a fantastic alternative to Thar, Gurkha etc
With Renegade coming in soon, let the games begin !!

I'd probably be a prospective customer of this Jimny in another two years time.

Seems good and ticks my boxes mainly because of:

+ Boxy Looks and Compact Dimension
+ Height (Yes cars of Height interests me mainly for hill driving, and many reasons
+ Easy maneuverability for city use as well as it says under 4M
+ Easiness of HT(Where Current Gen Thar Needs Retro Fitting) and state of art features
+ Maruti, Proven Brand and being a thing of hassle free ownership before our previous acquisitions
+ Go anywhere ability and a blissful 4WD (Yet to be guaged on the performance after launch)
Now the above line is subjective, but for me it's a boon as the 4x4 is compact, has all
necessary features like ABS, Airbags, BT system, Front Facing rear seats and needed knick
knacks.

- No Concrete information on what Engine is offered, speculations are that it will mainly get 1.0
Turbo petrol mill from Baleno RS, where it's absolutely useless for people with more monthly
Running average, however there is also a rumor 1.3 MJD offering, with same old tuning of
75hp which is definitely a sorepoint for the dieselheads IMHO.

- Will feel uncomfortable to an extent in long journeys for the backseat residents definitely and
not suitable for elders to get in and out frequently due to door limitation to only 2 in the side
profile.

- Looks are subjective and IMO many might feel it to be old-school as the international markets;
the Jimny exists from a very long time.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Suzuki Jimny officially announced

Starting with the Kei-specced Jimny, as the Kei norms in Japan, the car will house a 0.7-litre, three-cylinder 658cc petrol engine that produces a 64PS of max power and 96Nm of maximum torque. The global variant, Jimny Sierra, comes loaded with a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder 1,460cc engine.

Read:

Suzuki Jimny officially announced

Starting with the Kei-specced Jimny, as the Kei norms in Japan, the car will house a 0.7-litre, three-cylinder 658cc petrol engine that produces a 64PS of max power and 96Nm of maximum torque. The global variant, Jimny Sierra, comes loaded with a 1.5-litre, four-cylinder 1,460cc engine.

Read:
For qualifying as a Kei vehicle, it's dimensions also shrink, have read somewhere it's around 3.2m long and narrow dimension vise Alto size!!!

Whatever be the outcome of this unending speculation, this car won't sell much in numbers just because of only 2 doors. Forget about other parameters like boxy look etc.
Zen carbon was a very nice car, but never sold in good numbers due to impracticality.

IMO, Thar would continue to a better seller!

Top Bottom