Will You Buy a Car Based on Celebrity Endorsing It?

Will You Buy a Car based on Celebrity Endorsing It?

• YES

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • NO

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

We often make our decisions based on our wisdom and knowledge. Apart from marriage, we make wise decisions. So, when it comes to buying cars, does a celebrity endorsed car / car brand has more value for you than a non-celebrity endorsed brand / car model? Do you make your car buying decisions based also upon the celebrity endorsing the brand?

Some Examples:

Ranveer Singh : Maruti CIAZ

Virat Kohli : Audi

Messi : TIAGO by TATA

Would like to have your views on it friends!

Regards

Akash

I chose maybe,

a good car+ celebrity will sell, example hyundai santro and srk. He gave hyundai a popularity .Sachin and tvs victor old.

a bad car wont sell even with celebrity, sometimes the celebrity can pull down the value of the brand/car. example- indias 2nd gen endeavour and the bollywood guy.

Celebrities will make the ad watchable, so it will make the customer not to skip the ad, but if product is not vfm he wont buy it.

In india car buying is influenced by opinions of friends,relatives and neighbours.
ex- hatchback means swift.

Last edited:
We will not buy a car because a celebrity endorsed it. But celebrity endorsement means we will go and check out the car with positive mindset. If it ticks all the requirements, will buy it.
To give another example, if there are two similar cars which suit one's requirement. If one is endorsed by the celebrity and another not, there is a good probability that the endorsed car will be bought by the user.

One should never buy a 'regular' car if a celebrity endorses it, for the simple reason that that celebrity is highly unlikely ever to buy one and use it himself/herself. A Messi praising a Tiago makes for a good visual, but it is a sham because he has probably never even started the ignition key of that car.

Celebrity endorsement means nothing to an educated and knowledgeable person.That is just an advertisement. I will look suspiciously, if too much pushing is happening. I really do not understand why Virat Kohli is doing an ad for TVS Sport? Just for money. How can he endorse Audi,Zest and TVS sport, all at the same time? Manufacturers are taking people for a ride by using the most popular cricketers for endorsing anything and everything.
Knowing the way they live, I even wonder, should we buy anything these celebrities are endorsing?

I think only few people do this nonsense. At least in India where first priority is FE ( kitna deti hai[:D]) most of us ask about it from friends, family , relatives, and then we choose a car which fits our requirements and Budget. i have never met anyone who bought a particular vehicle because a celebrity drives it in TV advertisement.
talking about myself, i have my own taste and nobody can force or influence me to buy a particular brand.

Last edited:
actually i was one of the guy who decides to get a vechile on the basis of celebraity. my dad had a RE old one and RD 350. those days i did not know much about bikes. once my dad become old all those bikes were sold and scrapped.

my dad was looking for a low weight bike.I urged him to get a splendour as those days a red splendour add endorsed by prakash raj was a famous. only for the actor who endorsed i asked him to get the particular colour. as i grew up, i learnt that is just a add.

still in our country, a person endorsing a add has some power to carry the product ahead. i have choosen NO.

Last edited:
Strict no.
I bought all my vehicles after months of meticulous research and discussion on expert fora like TAI.
Havent ever been a hero worshipper so far. That may be the reason why I ignore the celebrity factor behind ads and try to dig deeper into technical details and expert/enthusiast reviews.

Well most of us car enthusiasts will not bother about celebrity but look for the ASS, Sales, car specs and so on.

however most of the normal buyers (which form a majority part of buyers) are the ones who are impressed by the celebrity. If a celeb is associated with a particular brand then that brand has to be good. This is why the celebrity endorsements work in the market else we would not be seeing celebrity.

For us too, it give a feel good factor doesnt it? For all the tata lovers, isnt Messi association giving a good feel to the brand? Yes most of us have brought the tata based on its merit not because of Messi however, doesnt it give a feel good factor? Messi is endorsing the brand?

I voted for "NO". I will never ever buy any car just because a celebrity is endorsing it. In spite i will take decision on basis of my funds, needs and satisfaction that product will give me in longer run.

Imagine a situation that someone has purchased a product based on celebrity endorsing it, later that products started to malfunction and the guy is sitting in service center looking that celebrity hoarding.

On a funny note, a patient using Colgate is having a toothache and is sitting at dentist watching priyanka chopra's ad "Kya aapke toothpaste main namak hain?" (Does your toothpaste has salt) [:)]

Great Thread. I Voted a Big No :biggrin:

I will never ever buy Car based on the Celebrity Endorsement. When they are paid more they easily ditch and endorse other cars and also in real life they are not going to use any of the cars they endorse, so why should we buy a car based on their endorsement :stupid:

When I bought my car, I did lot of research online and checked with existing owners and friends based on my need and budget.

I wonder which Idiot will buy a Car Just because its endorsed by some celebrity without even doing other ground work properly [frustration]

I voted for NO. Obvious reason is celebrity is just for advertisement purpose. I always TD car, look at long term ownership reviews and then only go for buying immaterial of what is advertised

Car buying is a major decision where you tend to invest a major amount into it. I would never buy a vehicle just because it is endorsed by a celebrity.
Advertisers should also keep in mind that they can use the traits of celebrity to highlight the points, ex old Rajdoot advertisement featuring Dharamendra highlighting rough and tough image of bike.

Cheers !!

SG

Top Bottom