GM To Discontinue Enjoy and Sail Twins

Thread Starter #1
The American Car maker, General Motors, is all set to discontinue the production of its MPV Chevrolet Enjoy this month.

Chevrolet Enjoy was launched in May 2013 in both petrol and diesel engine. 1.4 litre petrol and 1.3 lire diesel engine. The MPV was also given a facelift in July 2015 with exterior and interior changes. Enjoy is produced at Halol in Gujarat.
The carmaker is also expected to discontinue other models such as Sail hatchback and Sail Sedan this financial year.
Future products of GM for India will be the Essentia, a new sub-four meter compact Sedan, the new Beat and its Crossover Activ!

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/passenger-vehicle/uv/gm-to-discontinue-its-mpv-chevrolet-enjoy/52850448

Last edited:
Discontinuing Sail twins can be understood but exiting MPV segment(although it was not upto GM standards) at this point of time when this segment is catching up doesn't seems to be a very good idea, until they will be having very good & capable product to replace it at a time. I think Tavera is also discontinued now.

Their new range has to arrive soon to keep the charm alive at GM India dealerships now.

^^ GM as a whole doesn't live up-to the standards w.r.t Indian markets, then where will a Chinese product stand?

When almost 200 dealerships are closed in India, I feel they are least bothered to play in the Indian market. Their Tavera is only ringing bells now and then, god bless GM owners. Amen

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Not surprised! GM called off the SPIN MPV too for Indian Market. GM so far hasn't had a good run w.r.t it's products and after-sales at large. MPV and even the SUV products of GM failed miserably including the Trail Blazer. Calling off of the Enjoy MPV would be because far more competitive products are gaining market share. A surprising scenario which I have observed here in Delhi is, Enjoy MPV is getting replaced by Lodgy and even Datsun's Go+ in commercial segment. Probably sensing the volatile market (read=taste change) and their hostility to compete made them to take this decision. Also, GM did not read the Indian market sentiments correctly in my opinion hence, in today's time, those who don't comply to market scenario get struck off and this is also applicable to every industry.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
It seems Chevrolet has announced a big price cut for Enjoy. Prices are slashed upto 1.94 Lakhs across variants. I think this has made the Chevy a great VFM. Would it be a move to make way for the recently talked about Chevy Spin? Think Taxi Market will now be flooded with Enjoy in place of Xylos.

We read the Enjoy is discontinued and this news[confused] making any sense?

It seems Chevrolet has announced a big price cut for Enjoy. Prices are slashed upto 1.94 Lakhs across variants. I think this has made the Chevy a great VFM. Would it be a move to make way for the recently talked about Chevy Spin? Think Taxi Market will now be flooded with Enjoy in place of Xylos.
Bother not, both are duds these days. Chevy Spin won't win the table either.

Sail hatch and sedan are already outdated designs plus the marketing strategy didn't work well.

I am not sure why they want to kill Enjoy. If they could have reduced the price tag by 1.5 lac that would been tough competition for Ertiga VDI and XYLO D2 & D4 variant.

XYLO D2 and D4 are already standing tall in TAXI segment.

GM should rethink to launch their much loved American range of products in car, suv, trucks.

The most loved one Camaro.

Might as well GM can get out of Indian Market and us Chevy owners will be left with another Daewoo (Precisely[lol]).They need proper products.Everything is behind the competition now.Looks like they are least bothered in the Indian Market.The only car (used to be) selling well is the Beat,Cruze and Tavera.I believe Sail is a good car ruined by a lot of things,Lack of features,Ugly rear looks,Light steering and the lack of safety (I liked the way it looked on the front and even side profile looked decent),The car needs a fresh redesign,I was honestly surprised of how well the car handled Indian Roads.Enjoy....I never liked that car,Ertiga is a way better car.They have a proper window in every segment but they are just too lazy

Camaro will NEVER come to India and GM might quit India if it is being run by the same people currently.Quite sad for them,Their cars are very reliable.Had a 12 Year old Optra for 8 Years and now having a Cruze LTZ now.Won't sell it even if GM gets out of here.

Good news -https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwja3_mCkunPAhUoiFQKHeimAe4QqQIIHSgAMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ibtimes.co.in%2Fchevrolet-trailblazer-suv-price-slashed-by-rs-2-5-lakh-700347&usg=AFQjCNFQ6nITK0ue6GX1HE08rEtlHdVMOw&sig2=l3Fs3sNi87zG22bh_UllAg

kkn13

Suspended
Lethargic engine, lack of parts availability and local knowledge etc is GM's main downfall
I have a Honda City 2010 (20k km) and an Aveo 2008 (8k km) and the Aveo is better maintained etc but still the City is easier to maintain,more reliable and easier to sell at much higher prices
I enquired out of curiosity and Im getting 5L for ANHC and 85k for Aveo
mind you, the city has loads of scratches, etc and paint is starting to go bad
Aveo has better paint etc

GM need to step up their game
they shouldnt use India as a dumping ground with expensive , cheap looking cars like Trailblazer whereas abroad, their same offerings are much much better

Top Bottom