Renault India Refuses To Rectify Major Fault in a Duster Facelift

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Sharing below the experience of a Renault Customer who was among the 1st buyers of the New Renault Duster Facelift from Mumbai Dealership in Andheri. Since the car was bought, there were pulling issues to the left but Renault has refused to address the same so far to his satisfaction.

Renault Duster AWD 2016 timeline

First person to book at Gen-Next Motors Andheri showroom, & first person to get delivery

Car collected on April 20th at 12 noon

Drove, noticed slight pull to the left, didn’t think much of it

Changed tyres from MRF Wanderers 215/65/R16 to Continental CrossContact LX2 235/60/R16. Original radius and tyre pressure same. As I drove more, pull became more and more apparent

Revisited tyre dealer, rotated front tyres. Pull remained
Visited Gen-Next Motors workshop at Jogeshwari. Did wheel alignment & balancing. Pull remained. Gen-Next blamed Continental tyres for the pull.
Tried new MRF Wanderers from another identical model and pull was definitely less, but still there

Told Gen-Next to arrange for identical model (Renault Duster AWD 2016) test drive vehicle

Took my car to Premji Tyres, Mahim. Report: New tyres not the problem. Chassis check required on the Car-O-Liner or Celette bench
Tried new Continental tyres on dealer’s test drive AWD vehicle. No pull at all, tyres performed perfectly. Tech person from Gen-Next, Sunil, was present and agreed with the finding.

Gave car on May 4th to Gen-Next to fix both problems (also leakage in AC duct on dashboard).

Few days later, Gen-Next refused to acknowledge problem with car, saying new Continental tyres were not approved by manufacturer (Renault).

Some more days later, got conference call from Asif Iqbal – Area Manager, aftersales Renault, & Deepak Rao, CEO, Gen-Next. They refused to acknowledge Continental tyres, and how those worked perfectly fine on the test drive vehicle, as the tyres were not approved by manufacturer. So it could not be discussed.

Asif requested me for a test drive with stock (original) tyres on my car. I refused, as I had already done that. My condition was that the Continental tyres issue couldn’t be ignored.

On May 13th, mail from Asif stonewalling me, summarising – no issue with car with stock tyres. Continental tyre problem cannot be discussed or resolved as they are not approved.

Contacted Jatin Lakda, business head, western region, Renault. He suggested that I collect my vehicle and drive it for a few months. If problem reoccurred, “they would see”. Continental tyre issue, of course, could not be discussed.

Till date: Apart from wheel balancing/alignment, no chassis or other check has been done on my car, to my knowledge.

My final stand: I will accept everything Renault offers, provided I get a letter from them stating that if the car begins pulling left again within 6 months with the stock MRF tyres, they have to replace the vehicle. This is because they seem certain that the vehicle has no problem. I am endangering the safety of me and my family just on their word.
delivery-2.jpg

link

Owner's Name: Heeraz Marfatia, a filmmaker in Mumbai.

Regards

Akash

Re: Renault India Refuses To Rectify Major Fault in Duster Facelift

This news is already there in the social media,where people had expressed their surprise at the lacklustre attitude of Renault. I think the customer had not yet approached them with the stock tyres.This is the loophole Renault is using.

I have a question here. How could Renault say that Continental tyres cannot be used in Duster? I mean, "How can one know about list of car tyre brands that car manufacturer recommends and tyre brands that should be avoided". I am missing some info here. Can anyone enlighten this?

So why does such faults arise, is it a car met with accident during transist. With already dwindling sales ,such news in social media will further affect the sales.

Maybe they said about the specification of the tyres.

@akash thats not the way they should treat a customer[frustration]. in this case they just got a reason for being negligible cause the tyres were changed, the only way i think they might consider this case seriously is if you threaten them to move or really move them to Consumer court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get in touch with Autocar. They are known to take up customer problems with auto companies. Being a media house, the problems reported through this channel are speedily resolved.

Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member

i think they might consider this case seriously is if u threaten them to move or really move them to Consumer court.
For the record my buddy, the car in question does NOT belong to me.

Regards

Akash

For the record my buddy, the car in question does NOT belong to me.

Regards

Akash
I know bro the car doesn't belong to you i was just saying that if the owners move to court and all, you took it wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
Even i am having same left pull in my duster. I upgraded to geolanders 215/65. Renault though acknowledged the issue with oem tyres as well but they are blaming banking of indian roads and fitment of at tyres. Can you share the email ids of renault’s who is who so that i can also contact them. Till date i have sent many emails and the conversation is still on. Wish i could have got hold of carlos’ email address.

I agree, the heading is quite misleading. It is related to only a particular car, as it has been mentioned in the post. The test drive vehicle did not have this issue.
The tyre, though is an upgrade, is just leading to 0.1% in terms of difference in overall diameter. The increased tyre width maybe causing the alignment issue to be more prominent.
What the company is saying , is just their idea to wash off their responsibility. Usually, the brand only recommends one or two tyre brands, which they sell the car with as stock tyres. All other brands are usually put under not recommended, and thus majority of the tyres which re not the stock tyres would come under this category.
What I would suggest , in this case, would be to get a set of stock tyres, and pursue the company to fix the issue till it shows zero error on computerized alignment check. If it does, then it should also work fine with the contis. As the dealership seems to be happy testing with the stock tyres to prove they are working fine, they should work fine with the upgraded tyres too.

Top Bottom