Renault Halts Kwid's Production

Thread Starter #1
Renault India suspends Kwid production due to engine problems at it's Chennai plant.

According to vendor and dealer sources, the French car maker is learnt to have scrapped 1,500 engines due to high noise levels and not a single Kwid car, which has a waitlist at the consumer end of at least 5 months -- has been produced since May 11.
Renault denies it though,
The company for its part said that the production stoppage was part of "regular maintenance" and that delivery of the Kwid will not be impacted by the stoppage of production.
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/passenger-vehicle/cars/renault-india-suspends-kwid-production-due-to-engine-problems-at-its-chennai-plant/52302365

Last edited:
I think they had halted production to make changes to the assembly line to accomodate the production of Datsun RediGo. The RediGo is slated to be launched early next month. I think some people used this as an opportunity to speculate on troubles at Renault India. I don't think there is anything to worry about here. I won't be surprised if Renault India continues with 9000+ despatches of Kwid or Kwid+RediGo, even for May'16.

Top Bottom