All-New Hyundai Santro Launched (Coverage: Pg.4)

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
coral-white.jpg

CHENNAI: Hyundai Motor India is all set to bring back the car that earned it a presence in the Indian market the original tallboy Santro. According to vendor sources, the new Santro is currently under development in South Korea and will come to India in around two years.

Sources say the Hyundai management has decided to bring the iconic car back because of the positive customer interest in the brand two years after it was phased out. Hyundai dealers say customers still ask about the Santro and wonder why the car was phased out.
link

Regards

Akash

Hyundai To Re-Introduce Santro Hatchback.

Akash

It is authentic news that Hyundai is planning to relaunch Hyundai Santro in all new avtar, I confirmed it with few of my friends working with Hyundai.

Actually Santro has never been phased out. My current Santro is exactly 2 years old as of now. I have 3 more friends who have bought santro in last one year, latest was about 5 month old, its production has never been stopped. Its just some tricks that either Hyundai or its dealers are playing with customers to sell other models.

During my last visit to HMIL ASS I found atleast 10-12 brand new Santro's lined in the yard, on enquiry I found that they were fresh vehicles for delivery.

I was intended to enter yard so that I can check its VIN No. to see year of production but couldn't make it inside.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Hyundai To Re-Introduce Santro Hatchback

Companies are cluttering the segment & Confusing the customer.
They already have i10 & eon in santro's space.

The i10 has globally replaced santro. why are companies dumping outdated models in India?

Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member

why are companies dumping outdated models in India?
That's the million Dollar question!! Apart from some recent global launches being held in India, at large, Indian buyers are provided with vehicles which have been present internationally about 2-4 years earlier than India and in some cases, even internationally phased out designs were planned for India. I think re-introducing the Santro won't be a wrong move as such because it was a good and reliable product. People trusted it. So, if not i10 then probably Hyundai could think of doing away with Eon and by 2018 as has been told that Hyundai intend to come with AMT, so a slightly tweaked look with AMT can be a good deal. All I would say, Santro should not be changed too much in looks. However, knowing the fact that Hyundai and Maruti have biggest model line up, so possibility of continuing with existing models and adding one more could also happen.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

A Concept Hatchback which could be the upgraded Hyundai Santro. Expected Time of Launch @2018.

Hyundai-Santro-2018-7-768x513.jpg

Hyundai-Santro-2018-4-768x477.jpg

Hyundai-Santro-2018-6-768x535.jpg

Link

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Is this answer to Tata Tiago?
I do hope so! At the point when our erstwhile Santro was there, it gave tough time to it's Japanese competitors. Also, who can forget the comfort of driver's seat in the Santro? The versatility of Santro to run easily on aftermarket CNG setup? If introduced with AT/AMT, it can easily create a havoc in the hatchback segment here. Hyundai being itself, the interiors would definitely be well finished. Also, what would happen to i10 then is to be seen because in late 2016/early next year, the facelift is also expected to come.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
New Hyundai small car (2018 Hyundai Santro) spied

A spy picture of the new Hyundai small car that is scheduled to arrive in 2018 has emerged online. Shared by Rushlane, this is the first ever documented sighting of the what multiple media outlets are referring to as the 2018 Hyundai Santro.

New-Hyundai-small-car-2018-Hyundai-Santro.jpg

The test mule was spotted on the Salem-Chennai highway, which is close to HMIL’s production facility. The car appears to be in its production-ready form. Since much of the car is camouflaged, it is difficult to comment on its exterior design. Compared to the Eon, Hyundai’s designers seem to have adopted a relatively conservative approach to the styling of the new small car. It seems to have a generous DLO, which should ensure an airy feel to the cabin. Plastic wheel covers indicate that this may not be the fully loaded top-end trim of the new Hyundai small car aka 2018 Hyundai Santro.

Speaking to the media at the launch of the new Hyundai Verna, Y K Koo, MD and CEO, Hyundai Motor India Limited, confirmed the company’s intention to launch a new small car in the second half of 2018. The “family oriented” product will debut Hyundai’s AMT gearbox developed in-house. Koo also revealed that the vehicle would be bigger than the Santro. Hyundai maintains that the name of the new car is yet to be finalised. However, the revival of the Hyundai Santro name is a strong possibility as it enjoys an unmatched brand image.

In terms of positioning, the new Hyundai small car will sandwich the Eon and the Grand i10. It will rival the Maruti Celerio and Tata Tiago and could carry an INR sub-4 lakh starting price.

Source:IAB

Good Morning Readers

I am a proud owner of 2013 Petrol ERLx powered Santro Xing for the past 5 years, having clocked odo of 29400 kms till minute.
And I would be the among the first batch of bookings in case Hyundai launches the "New Santro" with an AMT, as I badly need an automatic transmission car for my wife. I would most probably exchange my current Santro 2013 for it.

Only concern is, since I have tasted 4 cylinder car till now, and not much comfortable with a 3 pot one, and the fact that Hyundai plans to launch its new AH Santro 2018 in competition to Celerio / Tiago which are 3 cylinder cars, I suspect this new Santro could be a 3 cylinder hatchback probably having a engine capacity of 1 to 1.2 Litres.

However, there are chances I may be sold for the new Santro even if 3 cylinder, which highly depends on the design, utility, space, features and of course the AMT box.

Fingers Crossed.

Thanks and Regards
Kumar

This 3-cylinder fad among car manufacturers is one of the most strangest thing I have seen on this planet. Reducing the overall weight and revoking useful features from variants, is another such thing.

I drove 1st Gen Santro for over 10 years and clocked over 1.1L KMs before selling it off in pristine condition. They never built the same car ever again!

I am also keeping fingers crossed for them to reintroduce Santro with a 4-cylinder setup and same 1st gen quality.

This 3-cylinder fad among car manufacturers is one of the most strangest thing I have seen on this planet. Reducing the overall weight and revoking useful features from variants, is another such thing.

I drove 1st Gen Santro for over 10 years and clocked over 1.1L KMs before selling it off in pristine condition. They never built the same car ever again!

I am also keeping fingers crossed for them to reintroduce Santro with a 4-cylinder setup and same 1st gen quality.
Reports already suggests that AH2 (internal name of new Santro) will have 4 cylinder engine and will also have a new 5 speed AMT variant. In any case, on Feb 7 when it is launched in Autoexpo, all doubts will be cleared.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended

Companies are cluttering the segment & Confusing the customer.
They already have i10 & eon in santro's space.

The i10 has globally replaced santro. why are companies dumping outdated models in India?
I think variety is good
Some people prefer tall boy hatches,some prefer low slung
Sales of Wagon R, Baleno, Alto are proof of that

Top Bottom