Tata Motors Fined For Selling a ‘New’ Used Car

Thread Starter #1
Happened to read this today, i was shocked to see Tata motors in the case of fraud sales.

Tata Motors, Cargo Motors fined for selling 'new' used car - Times of India

My questions are...

1) Does it really need 10 years to give justice? (with many court challenges) with this time period, a normal man like me would just give up at some point thinking the money or time investment in it.[frustration]

2) Would company/dealer really care customers with full heart? If the company or dealer know their mistake they could have replaced his car that time itself.

Could be a normal case to anyone who just read it, will be tremendously painful when you pour all your hard earned money in a dream car that turned out to be a false one. :mad:

#Fingers crossed for his compensation, don't know when will he get it... [roll]

Last edited:
Re: Why not quick justice?

Happened to read this today, i was shocked to see Tata motors in the case of fraud sales.

Tata Motors, Cargo Motors fined for selling 'new' used car - Times of India

My questions are...

1) Does it really need 10 years to give justice? (with many court challenges) with this time period, a normal man like me would just give up at some point thinking the money or time investment in it.[frustration]

2) Would company/dealer really care customers with full heart? If the company or dealer know their mistake they could have replaced his car that time itself.

Could be a normal case to anyone who just read it, will be tremendously painful when you pour all your hard earned money in a dream car that turned out to be a false one. :mad:

#Fingers crossed for his compensation, don't know when will he get it... [roll]
What was the reason for Tata Motors to take the case to higher level courts? Why didn't they take action on their dealer? Tata Motors should answer this and let all the customers know what was their agenda behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tata Motors Fined For Selling a ‘New’ Used Car

I had a bad experience while purchasing my Vista. However on some introspection i realize i was at fault for not taking the extra precautions. It is a lot of money for me and i should have done the PDI properly and not taken delivery till i was happy. Unfortunately i went down the easy route of getting the sales rep to do everything and not checking. As i have not experienced other car manufacturers i think educating public -with forums like TAI-which i did not know about at that time is the way to go.
In the UK and in many placed they have Automobile associations which help with such things and their ratings are highly valued by customers and the companies selling cars. I guess TAI and others are our real time Automobile association. The net mentions AA in south India, and other parts but have not tried them Have any TAIers tried their services?

Re: Why not quick justice?

What was the reason for Tata Motors to take the case to higher level courts? Why didn't they take action on their dealer? Tata Motors should answer this and let all the customers know what was their agenda behind it.
As Tata is also fined that's the reason they are going to higher level court and not for dealers wrong doing However the dealership would have been canceled by TML long time ago If still associated with Tata.

And the penelaty by court is very less After 10 years of fight what you get is zilch.

I dont know the details of the case. BUT I have seen many dealerships selling old cars. Its usually no big deal as the cars work normally. Its a good deal for both dealers and the customer who get a huge discount. If this is the case then TATA is right to go to the higher court as it has nothing tot do with the arrangement.

Thread Starter #7

I dont know the details of the case. BUT I have seen many dealerships selling old cars. Its usually no big deal as the cars work normally. Its a good deal for both dealers and the customer who get a huge discount. If this is the case then TATA is right to go to the higher court as it has nothing tot do with the arrangement.

Not just a Old car bro. They sold used second hand car. [frustration]

Heave heard of dealers selling faulty vechiles. reselling is a crime that is up the level. look like tata has done a pudpet job of changing engines from cars. they have also applead to courts against. tata should be taught a lesson.

Cargo motors is worst dealer in Ahmadabad. Not surprised to see this. And if you send your car for servicing there, then get ready for all the troubles. They will fix one thing, give you 2-3 new problems in car for free. No matter how good cars tata will make, they will not sell in great numbers unless they fix problems at dealer level.

Top Bottom