Toyota Etios Platinum Launched @ Rs.6.43 Lakhs

Re: Toyota India testing Etios Sedan Facelift.

Hope the service centres will make available new digital instrument cluster to current owners who wish to upgrade. The current speedometer console is bland and boring to watch.

re: Toyota Etios Platinum Launched @6.43 lakhs.

The etios 1.5L Petrol is a gem of a car. Heavily under rated and ignored.
Hope Toyota does justice to the engine and matches it with upgraded interiors.

If only the interiors were nice, and meter console not in middle, I would've gone for it. But those 2, for me, were too big to not notice!

The problem is that almost all the taxi drivers in Bangalore use Etios. So, from a family man perspective, this car will be opposed by most family members despite the soundness of its mechanicals and its reliability.
Updating interiors may not have the desired effect from a private buyers point of view - is my thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

The problem is that almost all the taxi drivers in Bangalore use Etios.
In Chennai, almost all cars are being used as taxis.
Starting with the Chevy beat, Ford figo (old model) to the Swift Dezire. I even saw some Ciaz with taxi board.
Now, hyundai has started selling a taxi version of the Xcent. In fact, now Xcent taxis are preferred over Etios due to lower initial cost.

Self-drive cars like Zoomcars, Myles etc have Honda city, XUV 5oo, Toyota fortuner, Mercedes A Class, BMW 3 Series, Mercedes GLA, Mercedes CLA among the rentals.
This has not made private buyers shy away from buying these car models.
So nothing is really exclusive or premium any more in India.
Why is the poor Etios alone being targeted?[cry]

Well one of the major negative (at least for me) of Etios is that while at the back seat my head touches the roof (I am 5ft 9inces) which becomes very irritating at times.

Why is the poor Etios alone being targeted?[cry]
Perception.

I totally agree with you that almost all cars have copies with yellow board. But my feeling is that there is disproportionate no of Etios taxis compared to the other makes.

I still remember when I was shortlisting cars to replace my old car. Family members, office colleagues were all surprised to see Etios on my list.
To top it, even the other car dealers would try to say that Etios is a taxi and wouldn't look nice as a private car . I really didnt care about his opinion but family latched on to his words and steadfastly opposed Etios.

Tata Indica, Toyota Etios suffer from this perception problem. In my opinion, Suzuki Dzire is the only car that is selling both as taxis and private cars in large number.

Toyota Etios 2017 Facelift Twins Introduced in Brazil as Etios Platinum

Toyota unveiled Etios hatchback & sedan in its new facelift version, as Etios Platinum. Changes are like as we often see in Spy shots across the internet.
Changes include:
-Redesigned Front Bumper with new black sub-inserts for fog lamps.
-All-new V-shaped front Radiator grille with horizontal slats.
-Improved & Updated Interiors with All Digital instrument console,
-Touchscreen Stereo & All-new Multi-function Steering wheel.
-All-new 15-inch Alloy wheels.
-Rear Spoiler in Etios sedan. This change may differ in Indian facelift & might get replaced with thick Trendy Chrome strip at the centre of the bootlid.

Let's see on how these changes appear in Indian version, when it gets launched during the festive season.

Source of info:
Etios Platinum 2017 chega com visual exclusivo e preço inicial de R$ 62.490

Attachments

Re: New Etios 2017 facelift twins introduced in Brazil as Etios Platinum

It definitely looks better than the outgoing model in India.

Re: Toyota Etios 2017 Facelift Twins Introduced in Brazil as Etios Platinum

This looks exactly similar to the facelift spied here in India but unlike the Brazilian version according to the spied photos the changes will only be external in the Indian version,no changes to interior as seen.

Attachments

Thread Starter #12

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

Toyota Etios Twins Facelift spied ahead of launch. Its launching on 13th September 2016.

2016-toyota-Etios-liva-facelift-india-3.jpg

2016-toyota-Etios-liva-facelift-india.jpg

2016-toyota-Etios-liva-facelift-india-4.jpg

Toyota-Etios-facelift-front-India-leaked.jpg

Toyota-Etios-facelift-rear-India-leaked.jpg

Link

Regards

Akash

I was one of those who bought the liva when it was launched for the first time. I really like the fact that it was very light on the pocket and the Toyota service was just amazing. The interiors looks far far better than what it was back then. It was chip plastics all around back then. However during my 3 yrs ownership I did not even have a single niggle. That tells the car was put together neatly. I hope they give CVT option this time around atleast for the top most version. And why would Toyota skimp on the touch screen display which has pretty much become standard nowadays.

Maybe they are just thinking of Taxi market where they are selling most of it so they kept it like that and even the ODO remains where it is.

Sad to see it that way.

Top Bottom