No Diesel Or Petrol Cabs To Ply in Delhi-NCR from 01st May

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

SC of India has ruled that there will be no Diesel Or Petrol Cabs Plying in Delhi-NCR from 01st May 2016.

NEW DELHI: No petrol- or diesel-run taxis will be allowed to ply in the National Capital Region from Sunday, May 1, the Supreme Court said today.

The top court on Saturday also refused to extend the deadline of April 30 for taxis to convert into CNG.
link

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Re: No Diesel Or Petrol Cabs To Ply in Delhi-NCR from 01st May.

Cars with all india permit can. All cabs eill get them.
The cars with all india permit can ply and so can the cars which have came from outer states. But such vehicles wont be allowed to do pic an drop services from one location to another. In other words, tourists can bring their cab from outer state and also all India permit vehicles can ply BUT if they do pick and drop from one location to another in Delhi-NCR then they will be offending the law. As simple as that!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I was having the same discussion with a friend. He made a very good point.
So all the expensive hotel cabs will not be allowed? See a lot of 5 , 7 series a8 etc near gurgaon.

I hear the DND was blocked by these people who were doing strike? Around Noon time as I had travelled in early morning and evening and I did not face any issue.

Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I hear the DND was blocked by these people who were doing strike?
Indeed, the entire DND from toll booth onward was jammed. Almost a 3 Km long jam was there yesterday and even today. Many places today too faced long traffic jams. Now that the Delhi Govt. will submit its plan on Thursday so till then for next 48 hours it would be a crucial situation. I have an early morning flight on Thursday. I hope no issues should be there atleast that time.

Regards

Akash

Indeed, the entire DND from toll booth onward was jammed. Almost a 3 Km long jam was there yesterday and even today. Many places today too faced long traffic jams. Now that the Delhi Govt. will submit its plan on Thursday so till then for next 48 hours it would be a crucial situation. I have an early morning flight on Thursday. I hope no issues should be there atleast that time.

Regards

Akash
Early morning should be of no issue. I travel early morning also (before 9 a.m crossed DND toll) and no issues today.

Thread Starter #10

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Early morning should be of no issue. I travel early morning also (before 9 a.m crossed DND toll) and no issues today.
That's a relief to hear. My flight is at 8:30am and will be leaving by 6am so it sounds good that no issues at that time.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom