Ford Recalls New Figo & Aspire in India

Thread Starter #1
Ford India has suspended deliveries of Figo compact and Aspire mini-sedan and will recall 40,000 units of these models as a software glitch can hamper functioning of the airbag.
Of 40,000 cars, nearly half will be Figo hatchback, while the rest will be Aspire.
As far as cars on roads are concerned, Ford India will inform customers individually. The software upgrade will be done free-of-cost and the process should take two-to-three hours at the dealerships.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/passenger-vehicle/cars/ford-to-recall-40k-figo-aspire-units/51935702

Last edited:
Re: Ford to recall Figo, Aspire 's in India

It is ironic that Ford is paying the price of its own Safety designs, while others get away blatantly with inherently unsafe designs (eg. Datsun Go and recent testimonials about MSIL from factory insiders).

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Booked an appointment for Sunday. Will update in my thread. The advisor didn't known about this at first but he called me back to confirm the same.

Good move is that Ford suspended even the test drive of said vehicles as a precautionary act. I hope the TD cars will get the software update immediately and will be put on duty.

while others get away blatantly with inherently unsafe designs
Not to forget the market need here.
I'm repeating my statement again and again, don't blame the manufacturer for the unsafe cars that came with poor structural rigidity or with no safety features. Every OEM does the market study before they start any project and they do manufacture the product what the market wants. If we (market) decide not to buy those piece of boxes, no manufacturer is going to produce such cars.

Had called up the dealership in the morning and they had said they will get back. Received mail from ford india in the evening. Will call up the dealership tomorrow for an appointment and will update once the process gets over.

Guys it's not the design flaw it's only a software glitch and we should appreciate Ford for it's concern towards customers.

Good move is that Ford suspended even the test drive of said vehicles as a precautionary act. I hope the TD cars will get the software update immediately and will be put on duty.

Not to forget the market need here.
I'm repeating my statement again and again, don't blame the manufacturer for the unsafe cars that came with poor structural rigidity or with no safety features. Every OEM does the market study before they start any project and they do manufacture the product what the market wants. If we (market) decide not to buy those piece of boxes, no manufacturer is going to produce such cars.
Excellent well said, Blaming a particular manufacturer is not correct, your views are correct.

-suryaputhra

Had been to the service center. The software update took just 5 mins. Totally spent around 20mins at the service center. I am happy with one thing - that the recall happened within a few months of launch, unlike the takata airbags issue where cars ran for years before the issue was found.

Top Bottom