"Dirty Fuel" Massive 30% Green Tax on Diesel Cars!!!

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Vinod sir, I feel, putting 30% tax on diesel cars is not right. Reason, engines pollutes due to adulterated fuel. Foremost requirement is to ensure the cars get fueled with unadulterated diesel in the first place. Also point to be noted, engines do not adulterate the fuel in any manner rather adulterated fuel leads to pollution and wear and tear of engine in due course. Govt always takes the easiest way out, by putting a heavy tax on diesel cars. I have earlier too mentioned about it, still would mention again, today's diesel engine are not as polluting as they used to be more than a decade ago rather the quality of car fuel in India is pathetic which is the cause of pollution. Sir, in India, adulteration is at large be it food or fuel.

Regards

Akash

I havent read the article. But about vehicular pollution, I must say that all doesnt depend on engine as Akash points out.

Fuel is also responsible. We have Euro 5/6 ready engines now, but what about our fuel quality? Is it up to the standards? And I am not talking about adulteration. Of course we need to check and counter adulteration. But what about the base fuel quality? Our refineries are old and needs upgrades, then only we can get better fuels. These steps are needed to reduce vehicular pollution. Only bans and Bs4/Euro6 engines wont do.

NOTE: Just go through the NGT expert members list. No offense, but where is the voice of the industry in there?

Last edited:

Top Bottom