Hyundai vs Maruti Suzuki (Sales / Service / Satisfaction)

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,
I was willing to start this thread from a very long time. Guys you might have heard from decades that owing a Maruti car is better in every sense. The first and utmost important is the service offered even in the remotest part of the country. I also used to trust Maruti a lot but in today's competitive world if you consider the worthiness of the money spent ,quality, comfort and lot more things. Hyundai and many other companies try to provide lot more than Maruti.
What do you think guys, you can put up your experience/opinion and everything related to Maruti and Hyundai.

I drive usually to both service centres as i give for services Swift(ZXI) and Verna (1.6 VTVT)

It depends on how your relation with staff of both.
Floor manager is my close friend at MASS,while at Hyundai ASS- SA and i have long relationship.(Both of them do only the jobs required )

Verna
1st service -Free
2nd service-1100(Engine oil ,oil filter ,air filter cleaning,a/c filter cleaning)
3rd service- 1100(Engine oil,oil filter,air filter cleaning,a/c filter cleaning,Brake pads cleaned)
4th service-4000(Wiper blades,oil filter,engine oil,a/c filter cleaned,brake fluid topped)
In addition - a dent was painted for 4k

Swift
1st service-350(A/c filter installed)
2nd- 400(Engine room lamination- I got to know it was a scam thereby changed to new ASS where floor manager is my friend)
3rd-1065(Engine oil +Oil filter,A/c and air filter cleaned)

My observation-
Maruti Parts Cheap and below moderate quality.Frequent replacement of parts needed.
Hyundai-Parts cost high ,parts not VFM,its durable for rough use though,anyway at specified time or km the part will be changed and must be changed.

Thread Starter #3
Great comparison, its good that you use both the cars. I have heard that the Maruti parts are easily available and cheap compared to Hyundai.
I have also heard that Maruti is sturdier than Hyundai, Is it true?
What do you think about the premium quality interiors Hyundai offers? At the price we are paying its not that worth what Maruti offers. Take the example of Baleno, I have taken test ride last week but did not feel its premium. The price quoted is very high and not a fun to drive like swift.

I have heard that the Maruti parts are easily available and cheap compared to Hyundai.
I have also heard that Maruti is sturdier than Hyundai, Is it true?
What do you think about the premium quality interiors Hyundai offers? At the price we are paying its not that worth what Maruti offers. Take the example of Baleno, I have taken test ride last week but did not feel its premium. The price quoted is very high and not a fun to drive like swift.
Hyundai parts are more durable than Maruti. Maruti parts are cheap and quality is okay.

Take a test ride of Hyundai Elite i20. You will feel the premiumness.

Baleno is from Nexa stable,its for those who want a car of looks, its true that its not a VFM car .
Hyundai interiors are always plush.
I just can not get the point that why Baleno headlight design look similar to Swift [frustration]. But Baleno is selling well. Hatchback with good interior space.

Thread Starter #7
People in india have blind faith in Maruti. No other things are considered while buying. I think in case of Maruti only the thing considered in after sales service and availability of spare parts.
Sometimes it is very hard to identify the silver baleno from the front view it looks same as swift [confused] because of the headlights. Regarding the selling point its 'Maruti'.

I have an Ertiga and the car has been quite very much reliable with no hassles at all. Only a few times the car has been for repairs due to small accidents.
The service staff also have been quite good natured and friendly.
These friendly smiles and promises are being served with quite high service and repair bills recently. My car had been serviced last month with 30K kms on the odo. The car is a 2012 model though. We asked them to replace the fused right side tail lamp and clean interiors along with regular oil/filter changes.
The total bill was 13K rupees! That was not at all expected. They said that the engine oil itslef costs 8000 rupees! Although their work is satisfactory, isn't the cost too much?
I feel cheated. Maruti cars are not longer cheap to maintain.

Thread Starter #9
That's the point DJ Bro. I agree the Hyundai parts are a bit expensive but they are worth it. The Hyundai service and customers satisfaction has also increased a lot. You get timely update about the servicing, camps and many other things through sms. Last weekend my dealer had a health checkup camp for all customers. [clap]

Free Service camp sometimes is a way of ripping one's pocket.

I give my friend's verna to free services in both ASS of hyundai,as i have good relationship with SA's they just yield to free wash and vacuum.
Others though get bill for works ,done as part of free service camp.
A simple brake overhauling is an example.

Thread Starter #11
You are right, service camp is a way of ripping money from customers. But wise customers like us make a profit out of it by wash and vacuum. Even I did the same when the last service camp was conducted. [clap]

Top Bottom