Mahindra Bolero Power+ Launched in India

Thread Starter #1
After taking the industry by surprise by launching the Scorpio and XUV 500 with a trimmed down engine within weeks of the Supreme Court suspending registration of diesel vehicles strapped with engines above 2 litres, Mahindra is now giving a makeover to the Bolero. The plan is to ensure that the extra tax introduced on big-size SUVs does not apply on the rural workhorse that is still the company's top selling model.

It is developing a new Bolero that will stretch less than four metres and sport a 1.5-litre engine. The move will mean it will attract lower levies than the current model, which is 4.17-meter long and is powered by a 2.5-litre diesel engine.

Internally codenamed U108, the new Bolero will expand the subfour-metre utility vehicle range at M&M to four: Bolero, TUV 300, KUV 100 and Nuvo Sport, which will be launched shortly.

It is likely to be launched in the second half of 2016 and the company is working on a volume potential of 25,000 units a year. Interestingly, the U108 is an intermediate action plan from Mahindra to keep the brand alive before an all-new Bolero hits the market around 2018-19 to meet the new crash regulations.

Apart from U108, Mahindra is also working on a 7-seat version of the TUV 300, called U302, to keep the action alive, before new products from its North America Technical Centre are ready by 2017-18. The products in the pipeline include the U321, which will compete with the Toyota Innova, as well as the U341.

The U215, or all-new Quanto (now called Nuvo Sport), only has a lifecycle of 24-36 months

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/passenger-vehicle/uv/mahindra-mahindra-shrinking-bolero-for-lower-levies/51593371

Last edited:
Re: M&M is making Bolero a Compact vehicle to tackle new regulations

I wonder what is the need of such a compact Bolero when there is already the TUV3OO and the upcoming NuvoSport? Mahindra is seriously confusing the market and I am sure the customer will be hell lot of confused.

I wonder what is the need of such a compact Bolero when there is already the TUV3OO and the upcoming NuvoSport? Mahindra is seriously confusing the market and I am sure the customer will be hell lot of confused.
yes i agree with you, mahindra confusing there own buyers. may be some day they create sub 4 meter version of there all SUV [lol]

Thread Starter #4
Re: Mahindra Making Bolero Compact To Tackle New Regulations

Mahindra's Mini Bolero ready for launch. Will be on sale in August 2016.

0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_ExtraImages_20160716114002_0_468_700_http---172_17_115_180-82.jpg

Mahindra has begun work on its fourth compact SUV after TUV100, KUV100 and NuvoSport. The latest model to go under the knife is the popular Bolero, which will have over 170mm shaved off from its length to duck under the sub-four-metre mark.

Apart from these changes, the mini Bolero will share most of its body panels with its bigger sibling.

The dashboard too will be carried over and equipment levels are expected to be similar to its standard sibling. However, the seats are likely to be modified for better space efficiency. The compact Bolero will be launched in seven-seater guise with the last row getting jump seats similar to those in the NuvoSport and the TUV300.

The big change is under the hood where the now familiar three-cylinder, 1.5-litre mHawk diesel (which powers the TUV300 and NuvoSport) will be drafted in to comply with the ‘small car’ category which gets excise duty benefits. However, in the quest to deliver class-leading fuel efficiency, the mini Bolero will get a lower powered version of the mHawk engine which is expected to develop a modest 68hp. Still, compared to the standard Bolero which is powered by a crude and heavy 2.5-litre diesel developing a lowly 63hp, the smaller and modern mHawk motor develops a bit more power which should help performance, as will the lighter kerb weight.

Link

Last edited:

Mahindra is wasting it's resources for making many under 4 meter so called SUV.
Better to have 1 or 2 good looking , feature rich , reliable under 4 meter vehicle

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Mahindra's Mini Bolero ready for launch. Will be on sale in August 2016.

Mahindra has begun work on its fourth compact SUV after TUV100, KUV100 and NuvoSport. The latest model to go under the knife is the popular Bolero, which will have over 170mm shaved off from its length to duck under the sub-four-metre mark.
My only question for M&M, Why? Why to kill the sales of TUV-3OO and KUV? Nuvosport though I can understand hasn't been doing that great a job. This is sheer clutter of model line up like MSIL.

Regards

Akash

mahindra is just doing what bajaj did to the the brand discover. It will only end in canabalism. why not lauch the TUV /nuvosport with four cylinder engine and work on it's short comings? or give the current bolero a 4*4 option on all varaints to a capable car.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

Here are the official details of the new Compact Bolero (Power+) from Mahindra. The price of ZLX variant in the new Compact Bolero in Delhi begins at Rs. 7.85 Lacs (Ex-Showroom Delhi).

mahindra-bolero-power-plus-brochure-page-001.jpg

mahindra-bolero-power-plus-brochure-page-002.jpg

BOLERO_brown_00000.png BOLERO_rockey_biege_00000.png
BOLERO_silver_00000.png BOLERO_white_00000.png

Untitled.png

Official

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Friends,

Here are the official details of the new Compact Bolero (Power+) from Mahindra. The price of ZLX variant in the new Compact Bolero in Delhi begins at Rs. 7.85 Lacs (Ex-Showroom Delhi).

Official

Regards

Akash
Does this mean they've really brought it under 4m? I'm not getting to see the actual picture of the vehicle with shortened body. The 70bhp seems good as compared to the older engine making 63bhp. Please share pics if you get a chance to see them.

There was a time when Maruti had Alto K10, A-Star, Zen Estilo, Ritz and Swift in the 3-5 lacs segment. So, by doing so Maruti was igniting competition between it's own products, after all the total revenue would be booked in the name of Maruti only, even though some cars fail, like the A-Star.

That is something, I guess, Mahindra is trying to do by releasing multiple compact SUV models from its stable in the 8-10 lacs segment, so that people get confused and eventually buy a Mahindra [:D]

Having said that, I feel the Bolero has always been positioned to Tier-II and Tier-III cities and it has been the largest volume generator for Mahindra in the recent years, so it might not affect the Nuvosport and TUV directly.

Last edited:
Nice pics Akash, thanks for sharing.

That's good Mhawk has come into the Vehicle and 70hp is a mere rise from the older engine me thinks.

The Front and rear bumpers now have neatly gone inside giving it a much better look rather than protruding like dislocated parts in lieu with the old/regular version.

All interior parts looks the same and still old school, good thing is it has Bluetooth enabled system (Only in ZLX power plus), the center console looks ugly nonetheless it's mainly seen as a rural commuter and I beleive people won't mind all those. [;)]

Those screws below the front seats are exposed pretty badly and vulnerable to rust.

The Power Plus ZLX retails at 9.41 Lakhs OTR Bangalore as per carwale. So if ABS and Airbags aren't a concern in an SUV, Bolero can be purchased right away.

When coming to technical specs as per Carwale, I see lots of changes, however need citation on this,
The Rims in Power+ is R15 whereas in the regular version it was R16, some suspension setup changes.

Whatever the major change i see is the 1.5 MHawk sitting in the bolero which takes much tax benefits.

Top Bottom