Honda 2FM: Premium Crossover Based on Jazz

Thread Starter #1
Honda Premium Crossover

all-new crossover — based on its premium hatchback Jazz's platform and internally called 2FM — by January 2017.

"The 2FM crossover vehicle will be showcased at the Sao Paolo Motor Show in Brazil," said one of the four people.

"Unlike the other crossover vehicles in the market, the Jazz-based crossover is more like an SUV and will generate strong volumes," the person said. The company expects monthly average sale of 5,000 units of the crossover, with production commencing in Dec

Read more at:
The Economic Times: Business News, Personal Finance, Financial News, India Stock Market Investing, Economy News, SENSEX, NIFTY, NSE, BSE Live, IPO News

Thread Starter #2
Honda 2FM (Jazz-based compact SUV) to launch in India in Jan 2017 – Report

The model, codenamed 2FM, is targeted at emerging markets like Brazil and India, and will launch in the latter’s market in January 2017. A source is quoted telling the publication that the 2FM will have SUV-like looks, and that it will generate strong volumes for the company. The report states that Honda expects sales of around 5,000 units/month.

Honda already sells the Vezel/HR-V, a compact SUV based on the Jazz platform, in markets like United States, Japan, Europe and even Brazil. However, reports state that the HR-V will be expensive to manufacture for Honda Cars India, and its price-point will exceed that of competition if launched. The 2FM will target specific markets like India where the HR-V is deemed an expensive product for launch.

It remains to be seen however if the 2FM adheres to the sub-4 meter regulations of India, whereby it will qualify for additional tax cuts. Depending on its length, Honda Cars India would use the 1.2- or 1.5-liter i-VTEC petrol engine, though the 1.5-liter i-DTEC diesel engine will definitely be on offer.

Saw in another forum that this is most likely a Honda HRV. If that's true, it would be great. If not, it will be a Cross Version of Jazz with some different styling elements i guess.

What Honda needs to do, if they want it to be a good seller is
1. Price It Well
2. Load it with Features
3. Premium Feel

If Honda is pricing it at a premium, better Honda pack it with features, otherwise this will be another Mobilio (Amaze with Extra Row of Seats). I don't have confidence on Upcoming BRV because it will be even more expensive then the Mobilio.

Thread Starter #4
Honda’s Small Crossover Spotted; May be Called WR-V, To be Placed Under BR-V

Honda WR-V may be a production version of Vision XS-1 Concept of 2014 Auto Expo..

Update Mar 16: New spyshots of WR-V have surfaced at carplace which reveal the sides of the car. It becomes abundantly clear that this may be more of a cross-hatch as we had anticipated from the lone rear shot earlier.
Honda-WR-V-Fit-Twist-XS-1-Spy-pic-side-2.jpg
A few days back we carried out a story which claimed that Honda will launch a new crossover in India sometime codenamed as 2FM next year which will be based on Jazz. The gorgeous HR-V (which is built on Jazz’s platform) is not coming to us for sure and the next bet was the Jazz Twist which is a cross-hatch.
Honda-WR-V-Fit-Twist-XS-1-Spy-pic-side-1.jpg
We have a new update on the same. Honda is believed to be working on a smaller crossover and the roaming proof of the same was spotted and posted at QuatroRodas, a Brazilian automotive website.
Honda-WR-V-768x511.jpg
Expected to be called as WR-V, this car may be a production version of the Vision XS-1 prototype Honda showcased at the Auto Expo 2014 in India (pic at the last). WR-V may not be a full-blown SUV as you may believe, instead, it is expected to be a crossover-hatch, quite possibly a replacement for the Jazz Twist, in international markets as well.

WR-V is expected to be a sub four meter crossover and is set to be unveiled at the Sao Paulo International Motor Show later this year.

Powering the car in India most likely will be the same 1.2 litre i-VTEC petrol and 1.5 litre i-DTEC diesel mills seen in the Jazz hatchback. Unlike most cross-hatches sold in our country, the Honda WR-V can be slightly more rugged in appearance.

Top Bottom