Honda Amaze Refresh Launched @ Rs.5.29 Lakh

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

The facelift of Honda's Amaze has been spied. The facelift version is getting new exterior styling like new bumper, radiator grill and new tail lamps as well as revised interiors. The launch of the facelift Amaze is expected to be launched in first week of March-2016. Probably on the 03rd of March the launch may take place for our market.

2016-honda-amaze-faclift-pics-6-696x522.jpg

2016-honda-amaze-faclift-pics-7-696x522.jpg

2016-honda-amaze-faclift-pics-3-696x491.jpg

link

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Honda Amaze Facelift Spied. Launching Soon!

Now that is some interior [thumbsup] better late than ever. They must have started developing it as soon as they started giving a lakh rs off as discounts.

Honda learned the hard way that you can't just sell anything with the H logo.

The biggest drawback of Amaze was it's interiors, now that has been rectified, it will definitely improve sales.

Secondly, Honda have always lagged behind in terms of features. They should address that issue as well because take for example the City, the old one was barebones compared to competition while the new one is feature packed and the sales difference of both these generations is huge. Other Honda models barring the CRV aren't as loaded as competition and this has resulted in their sales being low. Only the City is doing good numbers, because of the above reason.

Customer prefers features in any of the product he is buying/uses. Hence Good Feature List should be high priority in Manufacturers mind, this is very same reason why every car launched by Hyundai is blockbuster hit.
Now, Volkswagen/Skoda have realized this and have started to offer more features on their volume cars (Polo/Vento/Rapid) which has resulted in better sales last month. I hope Honda follows the same.

Here's my humble request to Honda Cars India,

Dear Honda,
You have designed brilliant looking cars, developed fantastic engines, slick gearbox's, nimble handling cars, cars with spacious cabins & boot, spot on ergonomics, excelled in reliability, all this at a slight premium which isn't a bad thing, but I have one request "Please LOAD YOU'RE CARS WITH FEATURES", this is what every Indian wishes when he buys the car, you are lacking here and is the factor affecting you're sales.

Hope you realize this and correct it soon.

This is such a refreshing bit of news. A big thumbs up to the interiors. Any news on brio getting the same?

Wow. The dashboard got a complete makeover. Hope (just blindly hope, it wont cost any money[;)]) there will be aftermarket kits to retrofit this dash in old model. The rear side looks a bit like Swift Dzire, or is it just this view. Anyway this amaze is going to be much more amazing and popular with its new interior and other modifications.

Last edited:

This one also gets Climate Control, a feature sorely missed in the 3rd Gen City and Amaze obviously.

The interior is surely revamped, and I can bet that this leaves no other major drawback in the car for the masses. For the enthusiasts, NVH also might be an issue with diesel engine. Wish Honda provide dual airbags standard in all variants, and also better looking ORVMs for the base variant. [:)]

Retrofitting this dashboard into older version will surely cost upwards of 50k, which I don't think is worth it as factory fit will be lost. Still it is a possibility for those who have spent close to 8 big ones for higher variants with that basic dashboard.

The new dashboard looks way way better then the current one being sold with, looking forward to see whats the pricing honda chooses to offer with updated Amaze launch.
Sorry guys but i could not click any pictures, new variants have reached at dealerships across with the trainings already started.
Yes Akash tomorrow is the official launch.Looking forward to see your detailed mini review of new Amaze.

Last edited:

Akash1886

I have some :

1. Does the Base variant get basic non-internally adjustable ORVMs or not?
2. Is the spare wheel an alloy in the top variant?
3. Is the IRVM auto-dim or not?
4. From what variant does ACC start (if at all it is present)?
5. Which variants get Airbag+ABS option?
6. Is the horn single or dual? [lol]
7. Are the taillamps LED or normal halogen bulbs?
8. Does the top end get leather wrapped wheel?
9. Do wheel wells (rear and front both) get full cladding from inside?
10. Does the alloy wheel design remain the same? Different design in diesel and petrol?
11. Does entertainment unit get Bluetooth facility, USB, Aux?
12. Is the glovebox cooled?
13. Does it get any mechanical changes?

Sorry for too many questions. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Hey ice wise, honda is known for performence, not for making feature rich car. As you asked, irvm is not may be auto dimming, but ABS is may be standard across all variants. And for wheel arcs, honda doesn't provide full cladding. Even my 2015 city v ivtec has half cladding. Horn is to be dual. And honda also doesn't provide 5 alloys.

Hey ice wise, honda is known for performence, not for making feature rich car. As you asked, irvm is not may be auto dimming, but ABS is may be standard across all variants. And for wheel arcs, honda doesn't provide full cladding. Even my 2015 city v ivtec has half cladding. Horn is to be dual. And honda also doesn't provide 5 alloys.
At this point of time, for me, Honda is a synonym for "Smooth Automatic Petrol Cars" and not performance. I agree they are not into feature-rich cars but manufacturers should learn and adapt to the segment. Xcent (and Zest also) are loaded to the brim with features and I don't think Amaze has anything special except that Honda badge (till now). The customers for this segment are more concerned in features as they are coming from a relatively less feature-laden car. And since they are upgrading from a smaller car, performance is not a major consideration (they can jump to premium hatchbacks for performance) if the car scores on other fronts.

ABS is already standard in Diesel version, but it would be nice to see airbags as standard. Horn is an el-cheapo single unit in the current version. And thanks for clarifying on alloys and cladding.

Let's see what Honda has in store for us. [:)]

Last edited:

Xcent (and Zest also) are loaded to the brim with features and I don't think Amaze has anything special except that Honda badge (till now).
Xcent & Zest are packed with features, but thier sales hardly refect that. Amaze too isn't best in class in any particular department but it does most of the things well. Like you said, Honda shouldn't be thinking this will sell with just thier badge, they should make it more attractive by offering something to customers.

If it isn't loaded with features, better they price it well, but my 6th sense says that Honda will charge premium for that dashboard alone stating that "We received feedback from our customers regarding the dash design which wasn't up to mark, so we decided to update the dash which is now futuristic & more premium".

Here Honda will be asking extra money for the hard work they have done in receiving feedback & making changes post that.

Lets see what happens tomorrow.

So they have updated the dash design and so will be the price I guess.

My biggest question:
What about that top speed limiter which doesn't let Amaze go over 140 kph?

So basically what Honda has done is a new bumper, chrome loaded (ugly?) front grille, new tail lamps (ugly?) and a new dash design with a new meter console. 20k hike? I guess this much Honda will do. Front seats still remain the same and so does alloy wheel design (look at alloys in the pic, that's a top end petrol I guess).

IMO since Honda has addressed the biggest drawback of Amaze, so we can expect Amaze to gain more numbers now. Bad times for DZire coming? It should now, DZire has now turned a bit boring after all.

Top Bottom