Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift + AMT Now Launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hyundai will be launching a facelift of the Grand i10 and will also introduce an AMT (Automated Manual Transmission). The Grand i10 has been one of the best sellers of Hyundai and caters to the needs of urban buyers by offering good looks, space and features.

The AMTs are getting more and more popular by the day in India and every manufacturer is looking at introducuing AMT variants in their cars. The introduction of AMT was started by Maruti, followed by Tata and recent announcements by Renault too, for the Kwid and Duster. This time Hyundai is looking at grabbing a share of the growing AMT segment and will be introducing it with the facelift Grand i10.

The Grand i10 will continue to have the same 1.2-litre Kappa petrol and 1.1-litre CRDi engines.The AMT will be sourced from ZF and this will be a five-speed unit. AMTs make perfect sense in today’s city driving conditions with the growing traffic and bumper to bumper driving that takes a toll on your legs, while using the clutch. AMT offers a clutch=less driving experience, with out compromising on the fuel efficiency.

This introduction of the Grand i10 facelift and AMT will take place just before the festive season to make the most out of this new launch.

Did I saw new alloy wheel design ?
Looks awesome IMO

I can also see some tweaks done in backlights. To me front looks identical to the ongoing model, though I may be wrong.

No matter how much changes Hyundai makes to the Grand i10, it won't be able to hold candle to the Tiago in terms of shear value factor.

I agree that this Grand i10 has good interiors, petrol engine, features, aftersales etc, but it is expensive compared to its rivals. The Tiago does most things right barring aftersales which will improve in years to come by.

After the Tiago launch Hyundai has been offering tempting discounts, but that still doesn't make it any cheaper then Tiago.

I was offered 70k discount on Grand i10 Era/Magna Variants last week, but even post discounts it was 1 lakh more expensive then Tiago.

I guess Hyundai is feeling the heat and hence they are making major changes to Grand i10 facelift this time, if I was given choice between Grand i10 & Tiago, it would be the latter any day because of 2 biggest reasons
1. More Car Per Car
2. VFM Pricing

Good luck Hyundai

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
No matter how much changes Hyundai makes to the Grand i10, it won't be able to hold candle to the Tiago in terms of shear value factor.

I agree that this Grand i10 has good interiors, petrol engine, features, aftersales etc, but it is expensive compared to its rivals. The Tiago does most things right barring aftersales which will improve in years to come by.

After the Tiago launch Hyundai has been offering tempting discounts, but that still doesn't make it any cheaper then Tiago.

I was offered 70k discount on Grand i10 Era/Magna Variants last week, but even post discounts it was 1 lakh more expensive then Tiago.

I guess Hyundai is feeling the heat and hence they are making major changes to Grand i10 facelift this time, if I was given choice between Grand i10 & Tiago, it would be the latter any day because of 2 biggest reasons
1. More Car Per Car
2. VFM Pricing

Good luck Hyundai
I feel the same. Today only my cousin told me to get the grand i10 for my dad. They don't know about the build quality , crash test etc. He was right to say that the car fulfills all the requirements but like you said its more expensive even after discounts.

Anyways hyundai has been giving 70-80k discounts from September 2015 and not after the Tiago.

Selling off my i10 and considering tiago petrol XZ. Gave the car to another cousin for a week as he's interested.

When are you buying ? Also what will happen to the discounts once the facelift is launched ?

Last edited:
It looks like bumper changes like what amaze did. Alloys seem to the diamond finish style that they offer on grand / i20. As a current owner i hope its only the bumpers that are changed [;)]

I feel the same. Today only my cousin told me to get the grand i10 for my dad. They don't know about the build quality , crash test etc. He was right to say that the car fulfills all the requirements but like you said its more expensive even after discounts.

Anyways hyundai has been giving 70-80k discounts from September 2015 and not after the Tiago.

Selling off my i10 and considering tiago petrol XZ. Gave the car to another cousin for a week as he's interested.

When are you buying ? Also what will happen to the discounts once the facelift is launched ?
Surprisingly, Hyundai has seen increased despatches of Grand i10 in the past couple of months. The monthly despatch numbers were around 9500 mark for Jan to April period. But over the last 3 months, the average number is around 12,200 units. The discounts seem to be attracting quite a bit of attention.

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 Facelift AMT Launch in September

Grand i10 is a B2 Segment car, Tiago is a B1 Segment car so it will cost less.
I don't think so, AFAIK the Tiago, Celerio, Grand i10 are all from same segment while the upper premium hatchbacks are Baleno , Jazz, i20 etc. The Tiagos excellent pricing makes the Grand i10 to be a next segment car, considering other factors, Engines, gearboxes, dimensions, features etc they both are the same (Tiago/Grandi10).

@ nishant
Taigo, WagonR, Celerio are in B1 Segment. Baleno is B2 segment, which also includes Swift, Grand i10. Jazz, Elite i20 are also in B2 Segment -although it is designated as premium hatchbacks. You may check the sales reports for various car segments. Image courtesy: Team BHP

Attachments

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

This is how the European Spec i10 Grand's facelift looks. However, it is early as of now to co-relate the changes to our upcoming i10 Grand Facelift.

Hyundai-i10-facelift.jpg

Hyundai-i10-facelift-2.jpg

Hyundai-i10-facelift-4.jpg

Hyundai-i10-facelift-3.jpg

Images from Google!

Regards

Akash

My present Grand i10 looks better, The rear looks quite weird. This also has many features we would not get for sure- Sunroof, LED Drl and maybe the touchscreen and new seats.

Grand i10 is a B2 Segment car, Tiago is a B1 Segment car so it will cost less.
Sorry for going off-topic, but as per SIAM categorisation, i10, Swift and Celerio, all would be in A2 segment.

This how SIAM categorises:

The classification of segment is done on the basis of the length of the vehicle (Passenger car segment)
A1 Segment – Mini – Up to 3400mm (M800, Nano)
A2 Segment – Compact – 3401 to 4000mm (Alto, wagon r, Zen,i10,A-star,Swift,i20,palio,indica etc)
A3 Segment – Midsize – 4001 to 4500mm (City, Sx4, Dzire, Logan, Accent, Fiesta, Verna etc)
A4 Segment – Executive – 4501 to 4700mm (Corolla, civic, C class, Optra, Octavia etc)
A5 Segment – Premiun – 4701 to 5000mm (Camry, E class, Accord, Sonata, Laura, Superb etc)
A6 Segment – Luxury – Above 5000mm (Mercedes S class, 5 series etc)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom