Fiat Avventura Urban Cross Now Launched

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Fiat Avventura Urban Cross Showcased at Auto Expo 2016

The Avventura Urban Cross concept will have a 1.4L T-Jet petrol engine under the bonnet mated to a five speed manual gearbox pumping out a heart pounding 140 PS of max power@5500 rpm and max torque of 210 Nm@2000-4000 rpm. The immense power that the engine delivers makes the journey thrilling. This fun-weekender with its best-in-class ground clearance tackles the bumpy roads and the muddy stretches effortlessly. The Fiat Avventura Urban Cross concept entices one to explore the un-explored by leaving the tarmac behind and taking the path less travelled or keep a dynamic, strong presence in the city.

The Avventura Urban Cross is distinctive in its design and looks. It has a rugged front design, multiple roof rails for long distance trips, all round body cladding adding to the masculine character of the car. A significant change includes the absence of the spare wheel at the rear of the car. The dimensions of the Avventura Urban Cross stand at (L x W x H) - 4m x 1.7m x 1.5m not only makes it a perfect city car but also a companion to the adventure enthusiasts. This car will be loaded with features such as the LED optical guide tail lamps, 17” alloy wheels, ORVM turn indicators and unique follow me headlamps.

The Avventura Urban Cross concept comes equipped with features such as the touch screen audio with Bluetooth, Auxiliary unit along with navigation. Dual tone interiors, plush and comfortable seats make long-journeys luxurious. High terrain gauges like compass and inclinometer keeps a track of your vehicle at all times.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Fiat Avventura Urban Cross Launching in 2016

Hi,
Wow, the grill looks more smart and its a resemblance of Mercedes A class. Hood in the bonnet will give more look.

Lovely with heck of an engine. Fiat is suddenly changing to a company for car enthusiasts.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Fiat-Avventura-Urban-Cross-front-spied-testing-for-the-first-time.jpg

Fiat-Avventura-Urban-Cross-rear-spied-testing-for-the-first-time.jpg

The Fiat Avventura Urban Cross testing on the roads for the first time. It is expected to launch in the month of September, slotting in as the third model in Fiat India’s lineup based on the Fiat Punto Evo hatchback.
Link

Regards

Akash

Just another rehashed Punto with the heart of the avventura. Another did written all over. Why not get the aegea/tipo instead? Or plonk the 1.6 MJD into linea with the addition of some more features and space? Why Fiat why?

Akash1886

Honoured Member

FIAT has officially opened the booking for the upcoming Avventura Urban Cross. See here for more info.

Urban_Cross.jpg

Official

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends,

This is what the Urban Cross Avventura looks like! If it looks like this then I feel the concept shown at Auto Expo-2016 was way more impressive. It is so similar to Avventura. Why did'nt Fiat gave the headlamps shown in concept![roll]

Fiat-Abarth-Urban-Cross-23.jpg

Fiat-Abarth-Urban-Cross-122.jpg

Fiat-Abarth-Urban-Cross-70.jpg

Fiat-Abarth-Urban-Cross-104.jpg

Link

Regards

Akash

I am little confuse over FIAT strategy on products for INDIA. FIAT has already big hatchback lineup i.e. Punto, Punto Evo, Avventura, Punto Abartha; still they want to add one more in that segment.

There are other segments to put effort into. FIAT India not yet had single car in MPV [against, Ertiga, Innova] and SUV[against Duster, XUV500] or a luxury Sedan [against Jetta, Octivia].

Although FIAT cars are strong and good to drive. They already have good segement lineup in Europe.

Fed up of FIAT releasing new Puntos & Lineas :)

Why can't just they name these by sq ft area?

E.g., Punto 13x4 ft, 13x5 ft etc?

It more and more confusion for the punto buyer. I see only the enthusiasts would go for not so cheap punto brothers. The aventura, the abarth and now urban cross.

yes the mechanicals may be different but the interiors are the same, the shell is same, some sticker work here and there, some body claddings and you get a different punto. pardon my ignorance.

they should follow the renault route if they want to get numbers for them. produce a cheap car for indian market. (Well but being fiat i would expect the car to be safe too. not like the tincan kwid- Renault seem to be following suzuki and they have done well - sadly)

Coming back to the topic. I dont see much difference in this urbancross. I believed aventura was a cross based on punto. Urban cross is cross of aventura which is cross of punto. too much crossing here.

I guess the Urban Cross should be seen as another trim of Avventura, even though for Fiat its a new car :D. For me the real bummer is that there is no Emotion Diesel variant on offer which means that the offered variants miss on airbags.

Leaving all the confusion aside, if you see from a buyer's perspective, Fiat actually has a lot of variants now, even though they are more or less similar:

1) Punto Evo powertech: No nonsense hatch with segment best ride+handling+steering+braking+GC+Build Quality(exterior) combo.

2) Punto Abarth: For an out and out enthusiast, that comes with a stiffer suspension, stands lower at 155 mm, has all disc brakes around.

3) Avventura: Compact SUV, has a GC of 205 mm, can do everything what an Ecosport can but still retains its fantastic cornering ability, Ecosport isnt bad either. A perfect vehicle for a Tier II cities where one doesnt have to touch the rear wheel setup everyday while going to malls, offices etc.

4) Avventura Abarth: Same as Avventura with a lot more horses under the hood.

5) Urban Cross: An alternative to Avventura that comes without the rear-wheel arrangement, something for which the Avventura was always bashed about, looks more muscular from rear, and has more consistent, less-rugged interioirs. The suspension has also been tweaked for a better city ride. So this looks like a Tier-I city focused Avventura.

5) Urban Cross Abarth: The Urban Cross with a lot more horses.

6) Fiat Linea: No nonsense C-segment sedan with segment best ride+handling+steering+braking+GC+Build Quality(exterior) combo.

7) Fiat Linea 125 PS: Fiat Linea with some more horses under the hood.

I feel that Fiat is buying time till they come up with the Jeep C-SUV or Punto/Linea replacement, but still for a buyer there are many options or many trim levels available like we have in the West.

I am little confuse over FIAT strategy on products for INDIA. FIAT has already big hatchback lineup i.e. Punto, Punto Evo, Avventura, Punto Abartha; still they want to add one more in that segment.
There are other segments to put effort into. FIAT India not yet had single car in MPV [against, Ertiga, Innova] and SUV[against Duster, XUV500] or a luxury Sedan [against Jetta, Octivia].
Although FIAT cars are strong and good to drive. They already have good segement lineup in Europe.
Fiat has no strategy for India, presently they are happy selling engines to other makers & why not they sell the engine & wash their hands off while the OEM maintains it & keeps it revving.
Coming back to your question, Fiat has a very capable line of cars, which would do very well in India, but their assessment of our market coupled to their arrogance is resulting in less than halfhearted attempts at establishing themselves here, let alone dominating segments, that said its no wonder why they are launching & relaunching old maids over & over again & that too lethargically, their dealer setup is not in place, their service setup stinks & Fiat is making no effort to correct any of these follies. They are displaying the classic European vanity here & expecting pleasant results

Last edited:

Just another rehashed Punto with the heart of the avventura.
It seems you haven't TD both. And comparing them just for the sake of ranting.
little confused, FIAT has already big hatchback lineup i.e. Punto, Punto Evo, Avventura, Punto Abartha; still they want to add one more in that segment.
See, there is nothing to get confused, They haven't learnt a simple gimmick here, we Indians have habit of accepting old wine in new bottle or same bottle with new label. Ideally they should not have retained the name Punto for e Punto, Abarth. Those who have TD e Punto, Avventura MJD, Abarth punto, Abarth Avventura have lot of difference in between them.

Anyways, we don't mind Toyota having Etios liva, Etios cross, Etios sedan with similar names under same roof.
We won't criticise VW & Skoda for the presence of Polo, Vento, Rapid because names are different.

I won't name MSIL here, because they know how to sell old wine with new label & are major source of revenue for fiats. Just look at the MSIL sales figures.

Fed up of FIAT releasing new Puntos & Lineas :
Agreed, they should rather open contest for the auto enthusiasts to suggest a new name while launching a product.
For eg. MSIL brought a new car with different exteriors, interiors & same enginenamed 'Ciaz' but didn't named it 'New SX4' just like Fiats labelled their latest sedan 'new Linea' (new interiors, new exteriors, same engine) after its earlier sedan 'Linea '.

Fiat has no strategy for India, presently they are happy selling engines to other makers
At present, their strategies are
1) sell engines
2) to provide driving pleasure to the people who want driving pleasure and not mere engine.

why not they sell the engine & wash their hands off
Because they might be passionate to provide cars to safety & driving pleasure concerned small class of people.

their service setup stinks & Fiat is making no effort to correct any of these follies.
Which service set up you visited of late?

Are you sure, they are not making any efforts to correct these follies?

@Tornado, Comparison of Fiat to other brands like MSIL/VW isnt useful because Fiat does not enjoy that reputation or brand value. But purely speaking from product perspective, I would have been happier if Fiat had given a slightly different body look (sheet metal), and a different engine (particularly diesel), that would have been a good statement of its future commitment to India. Also, bring all-round airbags, just to re-affirm their safe credentials. It would have been a great statement to make like " You know our cars have a tank-like build. But we would like to keep you absolutely safe by having all round airbags".

@acechip, fully agree with you.

This launch of urban Avventura might be result of customers feedback who said that they didn't liked the grill or the rear mounted spare wheel.

Top Bottom