Could Tata Tiago Sedan Affect Sales of Zest?

Thread Starter #1
Though the zica hatchback is a good move considering that concorde motors has already started deselling the bolt by selling it as t permit vehicle, guess the sedan version of the zica is a dangerous move considering that it could parallely affect sales of the zest.

Re: Is it a wise move from tata to introduce zica sedan and compete with zest

Well i dont think so.
Basically the falcon twins and the kite twins are of different class.

Bolt is technologically superior to that of Zica and Zest better than Kite5. the former being 4 cylinder and later being 3 cylinder.

there could be cannabilisation however, more than that it will also eat out of the pie of the other sub4m sedans. With such a great price point it will definitely be selling in more numbers.

Maruti does that and offers similar cars at all price points. See Alto, Astar, Estilio (both discontinued) Ritz, WagonR, Swift then you have another class of cars, Baleno, SCross, Breeza. You name a price and the car variant is available.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Is it a wise move from tata to introduce zica sedan and compete with zest

True Viky...as long as it doesnt eat into the zest/bolt market share, it could do wonders for tata motors bcoz they still havent reached the volume levels like maruti.

Re: Could Tata Zica Sedan Affect Sales of Zest?

Mods, the name of the tata zica has been changed to tiago. So i suggest you to change the name on the title of this thread as well.

Tata tiago is a hatchback and Zest a sedan so the audience for both segments will not change their preferences. I just don't expect the tiago sales affect that of zest.

Tata tiago is a hatchback and Zest a sedan so the audience for both segments will not change their preferences. I just don't expect the tiago sales affect that of zest.
He meant the Kite 5 which is a sedan based on Tiago.
Kite 5 will not effect the Zest sales but many prospective Tiago customers will choose Kite5.

He meant the Kite 5 which is a sedan based on Tiago.
Kite 5 will not effect the Zest sales but many prospective Tiago customers will choose Kite5.
Oh. Ok. It seems that tata is launching Kite 5 as Zest sales are not picking up as anticipated.

Top Bottom