Tata Bolt Sport To Be Sold Under New Performance Brand!!

Thread Starter #1
It will be the first hot hatch from the homegrown automaker. The company will also introduce its performance brand in the country, and the Bolt Sport will be sold under its new performance brand. It is basically the performance-oriented version of the Bolt hatchback and comes with a powerful engine and a sportier look than the regular model.

The new Bolt Sport is equipped with a new grille, flanked by projector headlamps and a sporty body kit that has comprises of new rear bumpers and alloy wheels. The flared wheel arches have been fitted to 17-inch alloy wheels. Adding to it, the hatchback comes equipped with sleek air vents on the front fenders, a roof spoiler, a brush metal strip on the licsencing plate and a new bumper with a pair of diffusers.

Inside the cabin, the Bolt Sport gets an all-black leather upholstery with contrasting red stitches and accents, sunroof and Harman touch-screen infotainment system with voice recognition and SMS readout. For passenger safety and security, the Bolt Sport comes equipped with speed-dependent volume control, corner stability control, ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) and Dual front airbags.

Powering the Tata Bolt Sport is a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine that also powers the Bolt hatchback and the Zest compact sedan. However, the engine has been tuned for more power and performance. This engine is capable of producing a top power output of 120bhp along with a peak torque of 170Nm. Power will be transmitted to front wheels of the hatchback via a five-speed manual gearbox. The hatchback also provides multi-drive options- Eco, City and Sport.

The Tata Bolt Sport will be positioned above the regular Bolt hatchback. It will rival against the likes of the Volkswagen Polo GT TSI, Abarth Punto and the Honda Jazz RS.

Tata-Bolt-Sport-front-three-quarters-right.jpg

Tata-Bolt-Sport-rear-bumper.jpg

tata-bolt-customized-body-kit-015.jpg

Tata-Bolt-Sport.JPG

Tata-Bolt-Sport-3.jpg

Tata-Bolt-Sport-dashboard.jpg

Tata-Bolt-Sport-sunroof.jpg

Re: JTata Bolt Sport - to be sold under new performance brand!!!

[:D] Will this materialize? Tata had made many promises like this.But a 100+ BHP petrol car is a first.This shows the change in attitude. Happy they didn't make a plastic cross.

Thread Starter #3
Re: JTata Bolt Sport - to be sold under new performance brand!!!

I think it works this time for Tata motors. Starting a new performance brand and pushing all their performance products under it will surely work for it.

Yes it a first 100+ HP car from them (not SUVs or MUVs). And am expecting more such to see from them.

120 BHP/170/nm doesnt hold a candle to the custom designed Abarth Punto (145BHP/213M) . Not even in terms of pure specifications. You need to design a car that can handle the power. Tata cars are not built for performance and handling. At best, they are neutral and safe handlers. Same goes for Honda Jazz.

bhvm

Honoured Member
I hope this thing comes down and it comes in well..it will be an excellent poor man's hot hatch and with some mods/tuning will stand right against abarth or polo gt.

120 BHP/170/nm doesnt hold a candle to the custom designed Abarth Punto (145BHP/213M) . Not even in terms of pure specifications. You need to design a car that can handle the power. Tata cars are not built for performance and handling. At best, they are neutral and safe handlers. Same goes for Honda Jazz.
The Punto Abarth comes at over Rs.11 lakhs on-road. Whereas this Bolt Sport, even with all the modifications, can be priced less than Rs.8.5 lakhs on-road. And remember, it's not going to be the stock Bolt with a more powerful engine. Jayem Auto has worked on it's handling & chasis flex too to make it a much better handler than the stock Bolt. Also remember that the Bolt has done duty on the Rally circuit too, again used by Jayem Auto. I am sure they can bring out a good product with full backing of Tata Motors.

Thread Starter #9
The Punto Abarth comes at over Rs.11 lakhs on-road. Whereas this Bolt Sport, even with all the modifications, can be priced less than Rs.8.5 lakhs on-road. And remember, it's not going to be the stock Bolt with a more powerful engine. Jayem Auto has worked on it's handling & chasis flex too to make it a much better handler than the stock Bolt. Also remember that the Bolt has done duty on the Rally circuit too, again used by Jayem Auto. I am sure they can bring out a good product with full backing of Tata Motors.
Nice point you mentioned there m_sherbet.

vickyjoshi - what a catch! a new logo and not Tata! what could it be? a new performance brand to be unveiled?

Jayem Auto has worked on it's handling & chasis flex too to make it a much better handler than the stock Bolt. Also remember that the Bolt has done duty on the Rally circuit too, again used by Jayem Auto. I am sure they can bring out a good product with full backing of Tata Motors.
You got it spot on. TATA motors in partnership with Jayem automotives developed this performance version of bolt. Power and torque ratings of stock bolt and this sports avatar are
Stock bolt: 90 PS @ 5000 rpm and 140 Nm @ 1500 to 4000 rpm
Bolt sports: 110 PS @ 5300 to 5500 rpm and 170 Nm @ 3000 to 3800 rpm
apart from the remapped ecu, it also gets a high flow exhaust system. The 0-100 timings for the sports version is under 12 seconds. The Revotron 1.2 may not be as powerful/torquey as the abarth T-jet 1.4 , but it does pack some punch for its design.

Source: Tata Motors Unveils Future Range of Passenger Vehicles at Auto Expo 2016 | Tata Motors Limited
PS: Is the Jayem automotives afore mentioned is this coimabtore based company.

Thread Starter #13
PS: Is the Jayem automotives afore mentioned is this coimabtore based company.
Great info eigenvalue.

Yes, infact it is the same Jayem which is located in coimbatore.
Check this out:
On August 18, 2015, Jayem Automotives in Coimbatore had a visitor from the Tata Group. It was none other than the group Chairman Cyrus P. Mistry, who had come here with a team.

This is the fourth visit of Mr. Mistry to the unit in Coimbatore. Jayem is an automobile design and development company working for more than a decade now as an extended arm of Tata Motors.

Apart from visiting Jayem Automotives, they visited the Kari Motor Speedway here. Sources say that Mr. Mistry also saw the testing of some new and future products.

“He came to see some of the exciting new products that we are working on with Tata,” said J. Anand, Managing Director of Jayem Automotives.

Since Mr. Mistry is passionate about cars, “We took his feedback on the products so that we can look at new combinations too,” he said.

Jayem.jpg

Great info eigenvalue.

Yes, infact it is the same Jayem which is located in coimbatore.
Check this out:
On August 18, 2015, Jayem Automotives in Coimbatore had a visitor from the Tata Group. It was none other than the group Chairman Cyrus P. Mistry, who had come here with a team.

This is the fourth visit of Mr. Mistry to the unit in Coimbatore. Jayem is an automobile design and development company working for more than a decade now as an extended arm of Tata Motors.

Apart from visiting Jayem Automotives, they visited the Kari Motor Speedway here. Sources say that Mr. Mistry also saw the testing of some new and future products.

“He came to see some of the exciting new products that we are working on with Tata,” said J. Anand, Managing Director of Jayem Automotives.

Since Mr. Mistry is passionate about cars, “We took his feedback on the products so that we can look at new combinations too,” he said.

View attachment 192667
Yeah every new car from Tata, Hyundai has to come to Coimbatore for testing and development, to Jayem motors. I have seen the Falcon and Kite siblings being tested intensively here. Now they are testing their new 3.0L diesel engine in Aria and Movus bodies (I suppose). I hope I will get to click some spy shots of the Hexa here soon.

i seriously doubt it will materialize as i have seen people posting similar reactions when news of abarth punto broke every one was like i am getting one too but look what happened i think it will be a halo product for tata. WRT to performance car we indians mostly have one car in our home & we want it to be practical not performance oriented i think i am talking about the masses

Top Bottom