Booked 2.2 Titanium Golden Brown. (32 L on road in TN, including one year extended warranty). (PS: I am yet to get a TD, possibly by the end of this week). Showroom has two vechicles, - Trend 3.2 and Titanium 2.2 Auto.
I went for this one after the wise suggestion from 1989rs500 - Thanks to him for helping me to choose. :-) All-New Ford Endeavour Now in India
They said delivery period is one month, the vehicles have been allotted in lots. I sense though Ford is advertising big, they are still unaware or not so confident with the Toyota loving Indian SUV/MUV buyers.
I got a call today that the vechicle is billed, and they would give the VIN by this week. I will keep posted.
What I noticed from the vechicle (which has been discussed widely), after spending around 1.5hrs with the car.
1. I am 6'1" and I am comfortably able to find a nice seating position. It took 2 mins of seat adjustments though to get better leg space in the left and height.
2. I am happy with the headspace, many are complaining it. Note that, I didn't check the headspace in a 3.2 Titanium which comes with Moon-view roof. In 2.2 L, I have 3- inches of space. Its not adequate for a person who is using Scorpio (It has 5 inches of headspace easily, which has no seat height adjust).
I think the aero-dynamic limitations made Ford to live with this design. I, However, have no complaints. My complaint is the ingress & egress - Comparing to my present Scorpio, I find it tad difficult. (Honda City was the most challenging to me in this regard)
3. Even trend version has some very nice bits. All versions of Endy has powered tap gates. It would be very difficult for ladies when they try to lift or pull it down - The tail gate could easily be weighing 60-70 Kgs (my guess).
4. Last seat list is limited to kids - very strictly unless you want to treat your brothers or uncles rudely. (I remember 4 Adults and two kids shared the side facing rear in my Scorpio- a cramped drive for 10 Kms during a wedding, with 10 Adults and 6 Children
) I can only dream of it in Endy.
5. Middle row is not super-comfortable for big framed adults. It can not be comfortable for 3 adults in the middle.
6. Engine noise is low, with all doors closed, its super-silent, when the Engine is idle.
7. Audo system is acceptable (I have 6 speakers, woofer, Amp etc in Scorpio that produces great sound), and I am willing to accept with what it comes.
8. Flip Key is bulky - you will always feel it in your pockets (and I like it too, as I could easily sense, if I leave it somewhere and try leaving)
9.Bulb in Trend variant might require upgrade.
10. So much of electronics, even in Trend variant. I had bad memories with electronics in Scorpio including an ABS
issue. I trust Ford should be offering better quality electronics and sensors.
11. The centre Armrest is short.
12. The bottle holder at the centre is useless. With a bottle in it, it will either intrude gear shifts or prevent front passenger from using the arm rest.
13. Bottle holders (I suppose), in the door pads may or may not hold bottles properly, as it looks square. Need to try it with a bottle. (Show room is so close, and the guys are very nice, I may visit there as often)
14. Ford has booking issues, which may lead to delivery mess. But I believe Ford is listening, and will sort out the supply chain. When I asked about the delivery period in through Social media, followed up with a call from their Customer care. The guy said it may take upto 3 months for delivery.
15. If I get the vechicle within February, I trust it could be due to the color I choose.
Thanks for everyone in this thread - you guys helped to take an important decision in life and helped to choose. Thank you all.