All-New Ford Endeavour Now in India

Thread Starter #1
Had been to cauvery ford on Saturday for an issue with brakes in my Aspire[sad], which has done just 1000kms. And to my surprise I see the all new Endeavour. The vehicle looks great. This was probably display vehicle. I talked to the SA and he said, the vehicle would be launched in the first week for Jan with deliveries beginning from March. I did get a chance to explore the vehicle though not in detail, since it was getting late and I had get my vehicle back home. Here are my observations :
1. Variant Titanium.
2. 3.2L engine.
3. 4wd with terrain management.
4. 6 speed automatic.
5. Had sunroof
Space:
Space looked good with sliding middle row (fairly decent sliding range). The last row for medium sized adults is fine as far as the leg room is concerned but the back support is very less with short seats.
I did take a few pictures of the vehicle and was requested not to publish interior pics. Right now have some issue with my mobile and will upload the external pics (just a couple of them) later.
This vehicle is a looker and if ford can price it sanely they have a winner.

Re: All-New Ford Endeavour (Ranger Based)

Had been to cauvery ford on Saturday for an issue with brakes in my Aspire[sad], which has done just 1000kms. And to my surprise I see the all new Endeavour. The vehicle looks great. This was probably display vehicle. I talked to the SA and he said, the vehicle would be launched in the first week for Jan with deliveries beginning from March. I did get a chance to explore the vehicle though not in detail, since it was getting late and I had get my vehicle back home. Here are my observations :
1. Variant Titanium.
2. 3.2L engine.
4. 6 speed automatic.
5. Had sunroof
Space:
Space looked good with sliding middle row (fairly decent sliding range). The last row for medium sized adults is fine as far as the leg room is concerned but the back support is very less with short seats.
I did take a few pictures of the vehicle and was requested not to publish interior pics. Right now have some issue with my mobile and will upload the external pics (just a couple of them) later.
wow... you are the first one in India ;-) who got the previlage to check the vechicle inside out, closely. Superb!
Did the SA able to give any idea about the pricing? Some guess?

Please post pics, when you have them ready. Thanks for the real scoop.[clap]

1. Variant Titanium.
2. 3.2L engine.
4. 6 speed automatic.
5. Had sunroof
Space:
Excellent observation bro?
What was wrong with brakes? Has the issue been cleared? Which variant do you have of Aspire,id it the Titanium?

Any idea whether there will be 2.2l Manual Endeavour for India, if the guys there are co operative,could you ask them about this 2.2 Endeavour?

My friend also told me that he has seen a all new endeavor in Ford Service center!! Looks like it may launch in January. SA said to my friend that it will be available in 2.8 and 3.2 litre engine's. He didn't confirmed launch date though. Car is a looker.

Thread Starter #5

Excellent observation bro?
What was wrong with brakes? Has the issue been cleared? Which variant do you have of Aspire,id it the Titanium?

Any idea whether there will be 2.2l Manual Endeavour for India, if the guys there are co operative,could you ask them about this 2.2 Endeavour?
There was brake noise (when applied). They have adjusted the brake pad thickness and right now it doesn't seem to be coming. Let me wait and watch.
Regarding 2.2 manual endeavour, I am sorry I couldn't ask much nor was I in a right frame of mind to check out all the details as I was in a hurry. I will try to find out if 2.2 would be launched. BTW, here a few pics. Excuse the low quality:

New-Ford-Endeavour-1.jpg

New-Ford-Endeavour-2.jpg

New-Ford-Endeavour-3.jpg

New-Ford-Endeavour-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The new Endeavours 2.2 TDCi Titanium has arrived in India
New Ford Endeavour starts reaching dealerships; launch in January 2016 | Motoroids
Dont know exatly whether its manual or AT, but either way this is the ine thats going to get to the masses,
Its 168 bhp engine and has 380 NM torque, its slightly underpowered for its heft of 2250+ kg kerb weight, still will manage decent performance and good mileage, expect it to be between 9-10 city, 15-17 highway,11-12 combined,
Seems Ford has got some gutts this time to make it a real contender in Indian market,
Now all Ford needs is a good advertising to make it sell,
The new Endeavour is expected to have huge waiting periods,in Thailand itself Endeavour is selling way less than Fortuner because of supply constraints and plant constraints,
For India I believe around 60 cars per month will be what Ford might manage for all 200+ dealers throughout India,salso expect the 2.2 to be priced competetively.

An update: Launch date could be Jan 19th. Sales guys from Coimbatore have gone to training.

Questions: I see this car is heavy. Heavier than many SUVs. Will a 2.2 L, 4 Cylinder can pull a 2300 kg behemoth? Won't it be asking more from the engine and reduce its life? Any ideas from experts who have knowledge about how engines tuned to handle such heaviness?

An update: Launch date could be Jan 19th. Sales guys from Coimbatore have gone to training.

Questions: I see this car is heavy. Heavier than many SUVs. Will a 2.2 L, 4 Cylinder can pull a 2300 kg behemoth? Won't it be asking more from the engine and reduce its life? Any ideas from experts who have knowledge about how engines tuned to handle such heaviness?
Yes the 2.2 will struggle a bit with that kind of kerb weight,but Ford says their 2.2 is tuned for durability and reliability rather than outright performance, Fords 2.2 is a PSA derived unit which Ford developed further with Mazda,Mazda first used the 2.2 for towing purpose and since Mazda tow trucks were light it ran good but with new gen technologies on board tge Mazda pick ups too gained weight and touced 2.2 tons by 2012, then Mazda and Ford jointly tuned the 2.2 for better towing health and used better in liners,casted cylinders,and far more stronger piston and block stockings,
Ford and Mazda has been using these engines in various tunes for different cars and even trucks and since 2012 these engines have never failed, that said its just 3 years onnmarket,so its not time to put up a final verdict as well,
But in general this shouldnt be a problem,Fords 1.5 sohc is no way a tow spec engine,so is the 2.0 tdci, but the 1.5 dohc,2.2 dohc,3.2 i5 dohc all are tow spec and should do fine with weight,
Here is a drive review of the 2.2 and 3.2 Everest/Endeavor
http://paultan.org/2015/08/07/driven-2015-ford-everest-2-2l-and-3-2l-in-chiang-rai/

Last edited:

SYNC 2 is missing or Ford just mentioned Sync 2 as Sync with Voice control? I trust it wont miss navigation assist. If it misses, then it would be a biggest disappointment after giving all these 101 features.

Great thing is all versions get 18 inch alloys. If 3.2 Titanium and 2.2 Titanium should be everyones fav, if priced rightly. After the thoughts from 1989s500 I am convinced to settle with 2.2 Auto Titanium, unless if the price of 3.2 is tempting.

Whatever, This time TAI's support will be a part in my decision making. :-) Now, waiting for the $$ list.

Last edited:

Top Bottom