No Registration of Diesel Cars in Delhi Till 6th Jan

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

NEW DELHI: No new diesel vehicles will be registered in Delhi, the National Green Tribunal (NGT) said today, announcing another giant step for the critically-polluted capital after the odd-even rule.

The tribunal has also said that the central and state government must stop buying diesel cars in Delhi. These will be interim steps till the next date of hearing on January 6, said the green court.

It seems that some hard steps are going to be taken in Delhi. Delhi is now considered the most polluted city in the world. If they are going to be strict, I hope its same for all.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: No registration of diesel cars in Delhi till January 6

These measures will not last long. Moreover, not buying/registering diesel vehicles will hamper the fleet market/owner the most. I want to understand here something, if 4-wheeler are main cause of pollution then why does traffic police check PUC? Why PUC is considered as major document? and why is there a fine levied on a expired PUC? and why is PUC a proof that 4 wheeler vehicles are non-polluting? As it is if 4 wheeler are biggest contributor to pollution then in no ways they should be driven on roads. Be it a diesel or petrol, no engine in today's time (except the recent major one) are in any ways polluting the environment as much as the commercial vehicles. Trucks and Tempos are biggest cause of pollution. If they are banning the registration of diesel vehicles then in the scope of this rule, the commercial/public transport vehicle should be covered as well. All this is insane ruling. I would say, instead of banning/capping number diesel cars why doesn't govt. work for providing cleaner diesel/petrol? It is the adulteration of fuel which in turn emits more pollution from cars. To be honest, govt. should be made to understand, that the combustion of fuel in cars is not the issue that increases pollution rather it is the sub-standard quality of fuel that is being supplied in the cars which leads to pollution. Not every car brand is using defeat device.

Attaching below some stats from the google search. With a flawed frame-work govt is implementing these rules. Can anyone pin-point the exact percentage of pollution caused by 4 wheeler (Both petrol and diesel)? Did govt do a census to ascertain the percentage of people who drive diesel 4 wheeler? Cars are minute part of a major problem. There are major percentage of people who use public transport and use cycles and even walk. Contribution to pollution by cars in Delhi would be far less than the pollution by Factories/Heavy Vehicles/ Burning Plastic/Using Gen-sets in open. By curbing the number of cars and applying the odd-even rule, it would mess up the situation further because the public transport of Delhi is pathetic. Even Delhi Metro, won't be able to accommodate the sudden rise of passengers in it. Govt. has found the easiest way out i.e stop diesel/petrol cars and regulate the days.[frustration]

Air Pollution in Delhi - Percentage Contribution of Vehicle Exhaust.jpg

shot-20151212-1874-hx3z86.jpeg

shot-20151212-1874-1uoi7gi.jpeg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Re: No registration of diesel cars in Delhi till January 6

Totally agree Akash.

Govt. has to show that they are taking extreme measures to curb pollution in Delhi. This is to save Delhi face in front of whole world. To do this they are making private diesel vehicle owners easy target. These curbs are going to make condition worse.

Court is of the view that even-odd rule is not suitable answer for the concern. Court right now also agree that even-odd rule is going to increase the number of vehicle in Delhi. They have given the hints that govt. is taking some panic decisions. However, it will be interesting to see what verdict they reach on January 6.

My question to the decision makers is : We are alright if you say that we cannot run our cars in Delhi. Now if I do not use my car, I will use public transport. Do you have public transport for me 24 X 7 ? Is your public transport safe? Can I get a space to stand? (Forget a seat. I am asking for standing only). Is your public transport covering each and every corner of NCR?

The answer to all these questions is NO. But still they will not even touch them as they have no solution for it. They just want to shift the blame on us (public).

Thread Starter #4
Update : The Supreme Court will today (December 15) hear several petitions seeking a complete ban on diesel cars in Delhi to curb rising pollution. It will also consider whether to scrap diesel subsidy.

Fingers Crossed. Lets see what they decide.

Update : The Supreme Court will today (December 15) hear several petitions seeking a complete ban on diesel cars in Delhi to curb rising pollution. It will also consider whether to scrap diesel subsidy.

Fingers Crossed. Lets see what they decide.
The only solution our idiotic government has is one word - ban. Rape increases, ban sunfilms which didn't stopped the rapes, did it?
Now pollution is a problem so ban diesel vehicles. No proper measures to better the transport system and create strict checks on erring parties. Vote bank initiated moves can never work in favor of common people.

Thread Starter #6
Yes @harry10, they are incompetent. Kanpur IIT research confirms that diesel private vehicles contribute approx 2.3% in pollution in Delhi. Now, who is idiot here IIT Kanpur or Delhi Govt. who wants to ban 23% private diesel cars for 2.3% of pollution.

Top Bottom