Maruti Suzuki November 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Nissan November 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Renault November 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Skoda November 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata Motors November 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Toyota November 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Volkswagen November 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Is there a mistake or there has been no despatch of the TUV3OO? [surprise]
The Zest is being ignored by the ignorant public and the sales are a bit down and the same is with the Bolt which has averaged the same figures. The Nano sales are a bit lower than the previous month's but seems like it has settled down to 2000 units average per month.
Hope the Zica will give Tata the much-needed boost and they should do something fast to get back in the UV game.
The Mobilio had to go this way someday; but surprisingly even the Lodgy is too low. The pricing could be a main reason. Also the Ertiga is doing good, boosted by the additional safety and entertainment equipment.

Last edited:
November was quite an unusual month for Compact Sedans. Eventhough the total industry sales number for the month of November was the 3rd highest figure for the 11 months of year 2015, the Compact Sedans segment posted the 3rd lowest figure for the year. The hatchbacks & SUVs seem to have stolen all the thunder from the Compact Sedans segment this month. This segment has seen only 1 major launch this year - Figo Aspire. The introduction of super-premium hatchbacks like the i20 Elite, Jazz and now the Baleno, seem to have clearly grabbed attention of the CS buyers. Lets see if the trend continues in the coming months.

i think at this time of the year people are just prepared to wait for new year model of cars & what about TUV one of my colleague got his in month of December. I think TUV, Figo ,Aspire will settle for 3K units each month.I can see Baleno launch has cannibalized the sale of swift but not Dzire

Well, the most awaited thread is back again and as usual; many surprises!
  • Baleno effect can be seen quite well on Swift. Now Grand i10 is the segment leader. Will Hyundai discontinue the discounts or will they keep on continuing them?
  • i20 hardly faced any heat from Baleno and that's for no reason. IMO i20 is a way better vehicle overall and today's buyer is also well informed.
  • Honda Jazz... Looks like Honda needs to offer some good discounts.
  • Ford Figo twins are bombed, maybe by Baleno which looks tremendous VFM.
  • VW India seems to have got hit by the scandal and the press coverage they are getting now a days. Time to ask for more discounts from VW dealers.

AFA ZEST is concerned, anything more than 1500 should be considered decent.vis a vis Vento, Rapid.

It seems Fiat needs to label their dealerships as 'Antiquity blue (s), just like Nexa. And retain the original one for for new launches.

• Baleno effect can be seen quite well on Swift. Now Grand i10 is the segment leader.
  • i20 hardly faced any heat from Baleno and that's for no reason. IMO i20 is a way better vehicle overall and today's buyer is also well informed.
Swift and S Cross production is a bit tweaked to cater to the Baleno 's ~45k + bookings to date.

Split of i20 sales is Elite is 8264 and Active is 1810.

Last edited:
  • Ford Figo twins are bombed, maybe by Baleno which looks tremendous VFM.

• Figo Twins are my pick in their respective segment. Don't know why they are not doing well. Baleno is good but the Figo is much cheaper then Baleno Variant to Variant, with some differentiating features between the two. I am also contemplating to replace my Rapid with either the Figo/Baleno Diesel. But that will happen only next year.

Good numbers from Baleno in 2nd month with less no of NEXA showrooms.
Do not understand why Zest has failed to make a progress considering the features offered and VFM tag [surprise]

Where are kwid 70k bookings? No effect of kwid on alto and eon sales yet.

Baleno affecting swift most. Well it is just a new avatar of swift so that was expected. Not much effect on i20 and jazz.

Hyundai has gained most by price cuts. They have not launched anything new but still able to increase sales of grand i10 and eon with their offers. Xcent is also able to hold on due to offers. Dip in creta sales. Hmm seems no offers on creta.

Figo twins not bad at all as per my view. VW along with Skoda as usual. A dip in sales may be due to scandal. They will though return to their previous sales which were lackluster already.

@AP, why do you think that VW & Skoda were lacklustre?
Bro, this is what the cruel reality is. I am a great fan of their cars and will remain so irrespective of sales number. Forget D segment. They are undisputed leader in that segment. How much D segment or above sells in India is another question altogether.

Lets talk about hatch and C segment. Rapid was especially developed for India and later on they started selling in other countries. I say lackluster as Rapid + Vento combined sales are at most 2k/month. Polo again max. 4k/month otherwise 2-3k/month. These cars deserve far better numbers so I call lackluster. The sales figure mean nothing to me as I like what they make.

<<Figo Twins are my pick in their respective segment. Don't know why they are not doing well.>>
It is unfortunate to see these competent cars languishing in the sales charts. I would say that Ford needs to market these cars better (focus on the performance and fuel efficiency) along with improving their after sales service. Adding a touch screen AVN along with reverse parking sensors/camera to the mid/top variants could help as well, rather than giving huge discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom