Big Step: Delhi Govt Enforces Alternate Day Use of Cars From Jan 1, 2016

Thread Starter #1
Big Development
Hi Guys,
To cut Delhi pollution, Delhi govt to enforce rule for alternate day car use [embarass]
a) Delhi govt to cut air pollution by 50 % by enforcing alternate day car use from Jan 1.
b) Cars with odd and even number plates will ply on alternate days.
c) Cars with odd and even number plates will ply on alternate days.
Although it will make me change my lifestyle, still i am happy

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: Big step - Delhi govt enforces alternate day use of Cars from Jan 1 ,2016

extremely stupid rule.
people will buy 2 cars and use them alternatively.

if delhi wants to be pollution free, extremely posh and effective public transport is the only option.

Adding to this rule is not applicable for government vehicles, corporation vehicles.Only as of now for the private owners to imply.Also it says numbers ending with odds and evens would be running alternate days.
So from now on one would have to remember which vehicle registeration numbers ends with odds and evens.Lol
Odd And Even Number Vehicles to be Allowed in Delhi on Alternate Days

Thread Starter #4

extremely stupid rule.
people will buy 2 cars and use them alternatively.

if delhi wants to be pollution free, extremely posh and effective public transport is the only option.
wont be that easy as govt is making Euro 6 compulsory in delhi from 2017 [clap]
Also, trucks banned till 11 pm

Akash1886

Honoured Member

This is sheer joke. What if a person is having just one car with an odd or even number? Should he take leave from his office simply because his car won't be permitted on road on a particular day? What if a public transport bus has a odd number or even number? This will create further issues for users of public transport as well. Leave aside car or bus, for 2 wheeler owner, what should he/she do? Sit at home? Play with colony kids? Will he be compensated by govt. for the day he could not go to office because his bike has an odd or even number? I believe there have been recruitment of astrologers in the Transport ministry and with their consultation this type rule is being thought about.

Regards

Akash

what about the vehicles travelling inter state? I mean someone who has to travel from Gurgaon to Noida, what will they do?
Heck.. all of the vehicles at my home have numbers ending with 2 or 8, what to do now?

Stupid rule ! There is so many important occations and emergencies occur to people..they don't happen looking at the numbers on his number plate .

govt should promote car sharing, public transport, compell companies to arrange transportation for it's employees etc.

what about the vehicles travelling inter state? I mean someone who has to travel from Gurgaon to Noida, what will they do?
Heck.. all of the vehicles at my home have numbers ending with 2 or 8, what to do now?
Skip college or work few days a week!

This rule is plain stupid. As a person who have multiple cars with odd and even number cars, I can escape this rule. But a person who owns just one car, what he'll do? What arrangement does the govt have for them? Did they improved the infra? or the public transport system or Metro?

I don't know, but these days, Delhi feels weirder day by day.

Thread Starter #10

So what steps you guys suggest ?
Currently there are so many problems in delhi in health due to pollution
We have already seen nature fury in chennai
Humans just dont want to leave comfort now for the future generations
I personally use car pool - Ibiboryde (This way people can work on odd - even formula)
Sign up with my code KUCG85 and get a discount coupon upto ₹200. To avail your coupon. Download ibibo Ryde - Let's Travel Together
"Desperate time need tough measures"
PS: Public vehicles are not under this purview. Only pvt vehicles of delhi no plate under this
It is impossible to make a perfect system

Akash1886

Honoured Member

PS: Public vehicles are not under this purview. Only pvt vehicles of delhi no plate under this
That way thanks god I am saved as, of my 3 cars 2 are UP and 1 is HR. Yet I do not pay a heed to such foolish thoughts. Tomorrow may be the mobile companies will be directed to stop signals on a specific day of mobile numbers ending with a odd number/even number to cure radiation issues. I never thought such short sighted approaches would be planned. #PatheticPolicies.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

What's wrong with the government these days? I mean why would they bring such a stupid rule? This may increase the number of cars on Delhi roads and maybe pollution as well. Maybe people will start buying new cars to have 2 registered plates or maybe they will buy a second hand car for a cheaper price.
Other option people might go for is buy cars from Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad etc since the new rule is valid for Delhi registered plates. Also this may cost less revenue to Delhi RTO.

Thread Starter #13

I dont have space to park a new car and i own a decent size house. I am pretty sure 95% people in delhi dont have space to buy a second car now to beat this

And i am pretty sure - heavy parking charges, limit on diesel is next

Very very risky to own more cars

That is a crap rule. Instead of reducing pollution, it will force people to get another vehicle (bike or car) as for the a higher rank official in an MNC, a car will be and is the mode of transport. He would not want to travel in buses or rickshaws! So, he will buy another car and use it on alternate days : And cause more pollution! Instead the government should bring stricter norms for manufacturers to bring in environment friendly vehicles instead of blaming the end users for pollution.

Wait a second, my car's registration ends with 0, so I am free to drive everyday right? [lol][clap]

EDIT - Just realised that rule was for odd and even number plates and not last digit!

Last edited:

While I dont support most things "AAP", some times one needs draconian measures. Yes, it seems a bit knee jerk and not very well thought out. But then how many decisions are well thought out anyway ? It will take ages to think, rethink , take consensus etc, and analysis paralysis. Let them try this out for some time, see if it works. It is a big political gamble though.
But I would implement this throughout, including so-called VVIP numbers of all bureaucrats, corporators, MLAs, MPs, Ministers , ex- Ministers, ex-Minister's Lady Boss , her Chhota-bheem etc. Except for Police, Defence vehicles, PM, and CJI. The Presidential vehicle, I reckon doesnt follow civilian numbering anyway.

In fact, HR, UP vehicles plying Delhi streets should also be subject to this. There should be a perimeter within which this will be applicable, of course.

Last edited:

Top Bottom