My experience with Autowalahs last Sunday. Sent my car for service. So wanted to reach service station which is about 2.5 km from my house.
1) Asked Auto driver #1 - Refused flatly.
2) Asked Auto driver #2 - Refused stating he & his auto needs to cool down.
3) Asked Auto driver #3 - Refused to go by meter and asked me almost twice the actual amount. I told him I know route and I can show him the shortest way. He refused and went away.
Finally gave up and took shared auto - had to change twice and walked over a km to reach service station bearing searing heat at 3.30pm.
This is very common and I'm sure numerous people have experienced similar issue. One may advice why didn't you call police? My answer - I have better things to do than stand under hot sun to fight for rs 50.
Now can we rely on these autowalahs?
Originally Posted by bharatbharija
Odd / Even is against my rights, I have paid the Road Tax to government, If they want to block my access to their roads for 50% days in future, I would like to get my 50% road tax back. It doesn't matter if one govt. did it or other, after all they are all media hungry, power hungry people, playing their tunes on a poor people like us. If they really want to fight pollution act on the other "80 %" sources of pollution. Why act on personal cars only ? It's a half baked solution and helpful for traffic de-congestion and not pollution.
You have rightfully pointed out several facts.
1) The number of posters that has been pasted all over Delhi with a photo probably have caused massive pollution, too (usage of raw materials from petroleum product, electricity generated by burning Coal) apart from wasting my hard earned money paid as tax.
2) Please go and see how many cars are crossing border before 8 am and waiting at border for 8 pm to occur. If someone is assuming odd-even is reducing vehicle number by half (s)he is simply day-dreaming.
3) If govt makes it permanent many people will simply buy another junk (well i can only afford that) just to drive on the days they can't drive their primary one. Either govt is naive to understand this or simply working hard to fill coffers of second hand car dealer & auto drivers.
4) It's easier to ride a bicycle and enter secretariat as a VIP. Photo looks good on next day newspapers. Request same person to change getup and try riding a bicycle as a commoner without any security.