Which Discontinued Car You Wish To Be Re-Manufactured?

Which Discontinued Car You Wish is Re-Produced?

• Ambassador

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Contessa Classic

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Maruti 800

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Premier Padmini

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Premier 118 NE

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Mitsubishi Lancer-1st One

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Maruti Esteem

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Maruti Baleno Sedan

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Maruti Zen-1st gen

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Honda City Vtec

• Other (Please Specify in Post)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

We all have been witness to the changes which have occurred in our automotive industry over the recent 2-3 decades. Many of the charming and capable cars were discontinued by brands here sighting various reasons and competition. Today we have a sea of cars but in our hearts often we love to see the old beauties back on road. So, Which is that one car that you'll be happy to see back in our market? Which is that one discontinued car model that you definitely believe had the potential of winning the hearts even now? Car models from 1985 till 2015 are to be considered.

Hope to see a fun filled interaction!

Regards

Akash

Re: Which Discontinued Car You Wish is Re-Produced?

I would like to see a modified and more modernised Amby to be running on roads. That is one car which I feel still has lot of potential. There was yet another modern looking car called Standard 2000 ( iguess that was a rover) which also I believe was one very good looking car of its time. But now will the design be accepted I am not sure.

Then we have the classic Tata Sierra. It is one car which I want to see. Albiet in a more modified way to suit the current designs and features.

So in all 3 cars for me
Amby
Sierra
Standard 2000

Last edited:

My choices would be Original editions of Fiat Palio (Not Stile), which includes GTX 1.6 and Palio D 1.9

I wish HM had kept on updating the iconic Ambassador still retaining the classic design language. This would have helped Amby become a cult like RE and Thar.

So its Ambassador any day for me and they could have updated the Amby with a better engine, safety and comfort features (just like VW Beetle, Porsche 911, Toyota LC). Adding to this some classic tagline like "The democratic car" etc. Just to retain the classic appeal of the Amby.

Last edited:

I go with the lancer. My first of the many dream cars :tongue:
I still remember it was the first car to make it in my list of favourites when I was a kid. The next car that came in was the cielo/esteem and then the city. City had stuck around as my fav for a pretty long time. But yeah i still love the lancer. It still catches my eye everytime i see it on the road.

1. Amby - alloys, wooden interiors, innova engine (2.5ltr turbo diesel), power windows
2. Sierra (this one was launched way ahead of its time) - without the usual Tata niggles
3. M800 - with a Kseries engine, slightly longer wheelbase, less bumpy ride, no changes to steering though ( one of the best manual steerings till date)

I have seen one such Amby and believe me, it was drool worthy looking beauty. Good alloys and some minor touches, that's it. It looked like a badass muscle car standing in the midst of puny looking hatches and compact sedans.

Would like to add 2 more cars to the list,

1. SAN Storm - You can call it a Poor Man's Porsche Cayman or something similar else. It was the most affordable 2 door convertible one could afford for. IIRC it was prices about 5-5.5 lakhs and for that price more then performance it would bring smile to the owner for being prestigious to own a convertible. Sadly it was discontinued in late 2006.

2. Hyundai Sonata (1st Gen) - This too can be called a poor man's Mercedes Benz E Class although it had resemblance to the Jaguar X Type, barring the E Class, it had 3 versions mainly Standard, Gold & a 2.7L V6. High price and poor brand image of Hyundai at that time meant that there weren't too many buyers which eventually lead to its discontinuation.

Which Discontinued Car You Wish is Re-Produced?

I would say Honda Civic. I am from the younger batch in the forum and haven't known much about 90s cars. Civic was my dream car as a child for its really modern looks (at that time at least) and the cockpit. On the road, the purple colour looked like it had been picked from "Tarzan the wonder car" movie. Coming from an Alto, when I first sat in my uncle's Civic, it felt like a spaceship! lol

Thread Starter #15

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddies, In my wishlist, the first car I would like to be reproduced is the iconic Cielo and then Opel Astra. Both of them were the style and comfort icons of their time. Cielo was also a tough built car.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom