Mahindra October 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Maruti Suzuki October 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Nissan October 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Renault October 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Skoda October 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Tata Motors October 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Toyota October 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Volkswagen October 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Some surprising figures there! Vento down 25%,Fortuner down 17%,Duster down 49%,
Verna down 44%..All the above are supposed to be hot cakes.

Some surprising figures there! Vento down 25%,Fortuner down 17%,Duster down 49%,
Verna down 44%..All the above are supposed to be hot cakes.
Actually, the YoY statistic is so less exciting these days. 1 year is too long a duration in this dynamic auto world today. If you see MoM, then Duster has risen by 70%!
I am sure it is the Creta/S Cross spillover buyers plus Renault discounts at work.
Surely the Creta is not that much worth waiting for over the Duster/XUV !
I am actually a bit surprised at the 5K numbers for Kwid shipments. I thought Renault should have done much more than that. Atleast 8-10K. There are comments that the Kwid seems to be more of a second car in metros as opposed to the first-time-aspirational purchase. Which makes its case interesting. I expect the Eon to be the eventual casualty of this, rather than the Alto. Hyundai also doesnt seem to be doing much to promote the Eon, aside from the engine upgrade from last year. It simply lacks soul compared to the Kwid. The Kwid, on the other hand, looks every bit like a baby cross-over.

Thanks for the monthly report.

3 points, TUV, Kwid opened well, in the coming months we will be able to analyse as to who is effected by these two.

A big shout out to the 3 idiots who bought the Quanto[evil]

regards

vinod

Zest and Bolt are catching the pace slowly. Although YoY sales for zest show a decrease, still MoM shows some hope for Tata.
I think TML has opened up Zest to fleet operators which could possibly be the reason for increased sales. I personally have found 2 yellow plate Zest in my place.

The rising tide of sales has given most company figures a lift . Maruti is doing more than 1.2 lak and Hyundai will soon hit a half century!
Mahindra's hard work ,moving from agrarian to top selling SUV is fantastic. Kudos to the people behind the MM scene. V curious how future TUV sales will pan out-not all auto reviews have been to kind to it. Perhaps it will then do well :wink:!
Honda has quietly done better than i thought.
TML, i hope is in the incubation phase again and perhaps over a year or two will get back in form.The flops of the diesel minivan for the family,my favorite the Tata venture (~50 sold last month) has me [cry]. The Aria meanwhile will soon become a collectors item! Perhaps they need the Ghost of Karl Slym! just joking!

Very interesting to see the following facts of Mahindra sales.
TUV300 4551
Quanto 03

Mahindra should consider the fact that TUV sales eats up only Quanto sales. Not any other vehicles.

Well Maruti are in very enviable position what ever vehicles are launched are getting stupendous success. the ageold vehicles given stellar performances inspite of very able competitors.

It seems at max the competitors can vie for is the second place. No matter what you launch at whatever price you launch all you can get is a second place. India it is suzuki.

kudos to Kwid for putting up a brave fight in the A segment.

Very interesting to see the following facts of Mahindra sales.
TUV300 4551
Quanto 03

Mahindra should consider the fact that TUV sales eats up only Quanto sales. Not any other vehicles.

^^ Mathew could you ex-plane this? Quanto does'nt sell even in 100's since long

Well Maruti are in very enviable position what ever vehicles are launched are getting stupendous success. the ageold vehicles given stellar performances inspite of very able competitors.

It seems at max the competitors can vie for is the second place. No matter what you launch at whatever price you launch all you can get is a second place. India it is suzuki.

kudos to Kwid for putting up a brave fight in the A segment.
Maruti is well placed at the moment, but I think it's near-50% market share trend is now seriously under threat. In October'15, Maruti's market share is down to less than 46% from around 50% just 2 months ago. This is despite Maruti launching new models simultaneous to other manufacturers. A whole host of other players have lined up new launches in the coming months: Mahindra, Renault/Nissan, Ford, Honda & Tata. All these will significantly dent Maruti's market share in the coming months. I am already imagining Maruti's market share threatening to fall below 40% during the year 2016, possibly for the first time in the company's history. Let's see if this does come true.

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
October 2015: SIAM Sales Summary

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total 14,251,520 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers and two wheelers in April-October 2015 as against 13,826,961 in April-October 2014, registering a marginal growth of 3.07 percent over the same period last year.

Domestic Sales

The sales of Passenger Vehicles grew by 8.51 percent in April-October 2015 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars, Utility Vehicles and Vans grew by 11.52 percent, 0.94 percent and 1.38 percent respectively during April-October 2015 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a growth of 8.02 percent in April-October 2015 as compared to same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) registered a growth at 32.26 percent while Light Commercial Vehicles declined by (-) 5.24 percent during April-October 2015 over the same period last year.

Three Wheelers sales declined by (-) 8.47 percent in April-October 2015 over the same period last year. Passenger Carrier & Goods Carrier sales declined by (-) 8.94 percent & (-) 6.11 percent respectively in April-October 2015 over April- October 2014.

Two Wheelers sales registered a marginal growth at 1.72 percent during April-October 2015 over April-October 2014. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters grew by 13.94 percent while Motorcycles and Mopeds dropped by (-) 2.57 percent and (-) 5.26 percent respectively in April-October 2015 over April-October 2014.

Exports

In April-October 2015, overall automobile exports grew by 5.78 percent. Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers registered a growth at 6.34 percent, 17.95 percent, 18.59 percent and 3.22 percent respectively in April-October 2015 over April- October 2014.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom