Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 Launched @ Rs.13.52 Lacs

Thread Starter #1
Tata Safari Storme with more performance to be launched soon. It will soon get a more powerful variant as a part of its range making 156PS of peak power and 400Nm of peak torque.

To cope up with the extra power, the Safari will also be mated to a 6-speed gearbox and of course, a rear-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive option. Other changes might include a set of new 17-inch wheels and slightly better tyres. The new Safari will also probably come with goodies like a limited slip differential as standard fitment.

Read here for more info.
www.zigwheels.com

Thread Starter #2
Re: More Powerful Tata Safari To Launch Soon

The Tata Safari Storme got a mid-life update recently with mild cosmetic changes and new features along with some mechanical changes as well. The Indian carmaker was seen testing the Storme carrying a Varicor 400 badge since a long while but this variant was held back during the launch of the facelifted Storme. The new variant has now been spied without any camouflage, which is ready to hit the showrooms very soon. The more powerful Storme is expected to launch next month 15th December 2015.

The 2.2-litre diesel engine now produces 155 BHP of power and 400 Nm of torque, mated to a new 6-speed manual transmission. To give you a perspective, the Varicor 400 produces 15 BHP and 80 Nm more than the pre-facelift Storme. The updated engine will be available with the range topping VX 4×2 and 4×4 variants. The LX and EX trims will continue to get the 148 BHP, 320 Nm engine.

I felt atleast here they should have added a touch screen audio system.

Tata-Safari-Storme-Varicor-400-Spied.jpg

Tata-Safari-Storme-Varicor-400-Interior.jpg

Tata-Safari-Storme-Varicor-400-Engine.jpg

Tata-Safari-Storme-Varicor-400-Spyshot.jpg

www.motorbeam.com - varicor-400-gets-155-bhp-of-power

Last edited:

Any info on the gear ratios ? I hope they are tuned towards greater mileage now given it has additional 80NM.

bhvm

Honoured Member

This is a Great update. However it appears TATA has 'Missed" the chance to update Interiors and add new features. One should be getting touch screen infotainment, Auto AC with this considering even low budget sedans/Hatchbacks have one these days.

Thread Starter #5

More details emerge about the Safari Strome. But I think the front bonnet height and the waistline shout be elevated for a better look thereby giving a massive front grill. Also this will help in the increase of the dashboard height and help in elevating the steering level and be egronomical design dash for easy reach.

Tata-Safari-Storme-VariCOR-400-engine-specs-comparison-leaked-900x610.jpg

Tata-Safari-Storme-VariCOR-400-interior-features-leaked-900x661.jpg

Tata-Safari-Storme-VariCOR-400-self-adjusting-clutch-leaked-900x621.jpg

Tata-Safari-Storme-VariCOR-400-torque-curve-comparison-leaked-900x635.jpg

Tata-Safari-Storme-VariCOR-400-warranty-leaked-900x635.jpg

Tata Safari Storme VariCOR 400 tech specs leaked; gets 6MT

Third row front facing and reduction of height (or other changes) to reduce body roll should have been mandatory inclusions.

Any idea of the onroad Mumbai for 4x2 Vx?

Then as a SUV is there a logic to have last row bench? And probably Range rover would also quality as MUV for the edition that has 3rd row front facing.

BTW torque/bhp does not make a SUV, basic need is a 4x4 - Vx model should then be a MUV as it is a 4x2

Last edited:

Third row front facing and reduction of height (or other changes) to reduce body roll should have been mandatory inclusions.

Any idea of the onroad Mumbai for 4x2 Vx?
reducing height will comprise of revamping the entire body structure. it will be whole new development and a whole new development cycle. So I dont think that could have been possible.

With regards to front facing seats, it will be whole new challenge as this car itself is very tall, the GC is amongts the highest in country, so climbing from the side door and pushing inside will be a challenge. For Innovas, and arias the rear door open wide and there is less rear wheel arch obstruction and thus getting in the 3rd row is tad bit easier. if done by tata, people will start cursing them for making the 3rd difficult to access.

This is a welcome move by TATA a. Having an Aria 148 Ps, this gem of an engine is supremely refined, the highway manners is a revelation but in the city and especially on inclines and say underground parking lots, one feels the lack of torque. So kudos to TATA for listening to feedback. Regarding the need for extra features , well its a tight rope Tata is treading on. A touch screen system might add 20000 rs to the cost. Now what we sometimes don't take it into account is the money required in making strong mechanicals and strong chassis. That hydroformed chassis is super strong. Yes you might have to visit the service centre a bit more often for niggle here or there but the next option is 14 lakhs away, I am talking about T fort. And no; with due respect to Innova owners, its not comparable to either Aria or upcoming Hexa.

Last edited:

This is a welcome move by TATA a. Having an Aria 148 Ps, this gem of an engine is supremely refined, the highway manners is a revelation but in the city and especially on inclines and say underground parking lots, one feels the lack of torque. So kudos to TATA for listening to feedback, nd no; with due respect to Innova owners, its not comparable to either Aria or upcoming Hexa.
Hi too have an Aria 148ps can you suggest which service center are you going to in chennai?I am a frequent traveller to chennai and last time had trouble finding the service center who are competent in dealing with Aria.

Hi too have an Aria 148ps can you suggest which service center are you going to in chennai?I am a frequent traveller to chennai and last time had trouble finding the service center who are competent in dealing with Aria.
Hmmm I took the vehicle from Schakralya motors Cuddalore.They are very good;responsive and responsible.Here in Chennai got opportunity ( thank God) so far only once at Tafe Greams Road.Was not very happy; though things improved dramatically after informing TATA motors.The company is trying hard;its perceptable now.I am happy with the progress.There is new dealer called SIFA motors in Chromepet but I have no personal experience;but my hunch is new dealers tend to be better.Good luck[:)]

Top Bottom