Tata Bolt To Get a Revamp Next Year

Thread Starter #1
Tata introduced the Bolt this January, however the numbers for this hatchback aren’t as good as it was predicted. Our sources recommend that the Bolt is likely to get an upgrade by the end of 2016. These changes are majorly cosmetic for the exterior and even the interior. The major upgrade will happen on the outside, and the Bolt Sport and the Bolt diesel AMT will also be coming in during this phase.

Tata_bolt-2.jpg

The major change on the Bolt will be its styling. The Bolt still resembles the Indica Vista, and this is where the upgrade shall happen. The Bolt does look a lot sporty, but it has the same silhouette of the Vista. There is where the company has been working to upgrade the design. The styling of the Bolt will be revamped to a good extent and Tata Motors is working towards adding more features in its premium hatchback as the competition has raised the bar by adding several new features to it. The Bolt will get several new additional features as well, as the competition today is offering them.

Today most of the competition of the Bolt are offering keyless entry, push start and stop, reverse parking camera/sensor, multiple airbags and we can expect Tata to add some of these in the Bolt too. The Zest already has reverse parking sensors, so this will trickle into the Bolt as well.

Re: Tata Bolt to get a revamp next year – EXCLUSIVE

this is much needed shot in the arm for the bolt. A worthy car with silhouette of the older sibling.

What tata can do is update the vista with that of bolt exteriors. Even the cabbies would be happy to have fresh looking tata taxi. So customers and cabbies are happy.

tata will kill 2 birds with one stone.

Thread Starter #3

this is much needed shot in the arm for the bolt. A worthy car with silhouette of the older sibling.

What tata can do is update the vista with that of bolt exteriors. Even the cabbies would be happy to have fresh looking tata taxi. So customers and cabbies are happy.

tata will kill 2 birds with one stone.
Tata will move BOLT hatchback into taxi segment once tata will launch the upcoming premium hatchback based on nexon concept and bolt and Zest products as not for long term they are just gap fillers now tata reading grand i10 revival in the form tata Kite and i20 revival in the form of nexon based premium hatchback

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

tata is going all guns blazing [clap] companies like chevy should take some inspiration. it will not be easy to spend so much on this latest development but at the same time they shouldn't have kept the car looking as the vista.

these efforts won't go in vain.

Thread Starter #5

I think TATA Motors have Special Identity in world of automobiles when it comes to product development they know how to develop mesmerizing products from existing products thats proven in TATA ZEST/BOLT and TATA Kite products.

Now its Clear that Developing All New Car with All new platform deosnt makes sence its common in Big car companies like SUZUKI,HONDA and VW but Developing All New product based old platform thats really touff job and TATA did this by their exallence and we may expect amazing products based on TATA X0 and X1 platforms they are ready to take on any kind of body shape

Thread Starter #6
Tata Bolt facelift coming next year – EXCLUSIVE

Tata Bolt will get a mid-life facelift next year. This premium hatchback hasn’t done that well, despite of it having all the required features and space. From what we learn, that the major update will be on its exterior shape. The Tata Bolt will get a more aggressive styling and it will even be sleek. The new Bolt facelift will offer similar interior features and it will be getting the same set of engines. Today, the premium hatchback segment is dominated by looks, and Tata Motors will update the styling of the Bolt . At the moment, it has a lot of design cues that resemble the Indica Vista, which doesn’t go in its favour. Otherwise had loved the Bolt.

Tata Bolt Design:

Tata Bolt is based on the Vista platform, just like the Zest. Both are twin siblings with a DNA similar to the Vista. To not go away from the current design, Pratap Bose, Tata’s chief designer has evolved the styling of the Bolt from the existing Vista design. If one notices closely, it is the same shell like the Vista. This will be the new design language for the coming Tata products; first we saw it in the Zest and now in the Bolt.

The fascia of the Bolt retains a lot of similarity to the Vista, but it does look fresh. It isn’t old or out-dated at any given point of time. There is a chrome lip on the top of the front grille and headlamps integrate well with this design. It looks like a smiling front than an aggressive snout. It does have projector headlamps, but it misses out on Move to the side and one can notice striking similarity between the Vista and Bolt. The Bolt gets the blacked-out pillars that give it a floating roof feel. The rear is a bit of confusion for me, as it is floating but the round ends confuse me. The new tail lamp design is compact and it does look stylish.

The Bolt rides on 175/55 R15 tyres and gets projector head lamps too. The daytime running LEDs aren’t available on the Bolt, maybe the final production version will have it. They have the conventional 55/60W bulb and that’s about it.

Tata has upped its ante with the interior styling and quality. However, it is still not at par with some of the competition, even it comes to the feel of the material.

Tata Bolt Interiors:

The dashboard is very much-like wrap around being more driver focused. The Bolt targets the trendy and young audience; hence it gets black colour interiors. The Bolt even gets automatic climate control. The new multi-functional three-spoke steering wheel is perfect in size and is good to grip. A new Harman touchscreen infotainment has been developed and this will come with eight speakers. This system has Bluetooth, USB, SD and aux connectivity. The Harman system has been developed in India and it has voice command buttons too, on the steering wheel. The voice recognition has been developed with Indian accents.

As the shell of the Vista and Bolt are same in dimensions, there is no difference in interior space also. The front row seats are spacious with sufficient room for tall people, while the rear seat also doesn’t disappoint except for thigh support. The seats are hard, which makes long distance journeys less tiring. One thing that is disappointing is that are is very limited stowage space. There is just a single cup holder and even door pockets have less capacity for storage.

Tata Bolt Engine and Performance:

Tata Motors has plonked in a 1.2-litre Revotron engine, which the company’s new turbo petrol engine. This engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission and it also gets the three driving modes like the Zest— comfort, Sport and Eco. The Eco mode is for better economy, sport for outright performance and city for regular driving. On press of a button, and the engine computer will adjust the changes to match with the driving style and give the output accordingly. The Vista will continue to sell along, even once Bolt is launched. The petrol engine will churn out 84bhp of power and 140Nm of torque.

The Quadrajet is the same Fiat engine that is India’s most commonly used diesel engine. This engine will come with 75bhp and 190Nm of peak torque. The Tata Bolt has undergone major changes in its suspension design. The suspension does a good job of damping the bumps. It irons out all the road shocks and does good job of delivering comfortable ride, even at high speeds. The car never feels panicky.

When you get behind the wheel, it doesn’t feel like any other Tata car. The ZF electronic power steering improves the drivability and ease of driving. The steering wheel is light, but it doesn’t feel disconnected. The body roll also is lesser on turns and you feel a lot more confident when you drive the Bolt, when compared to the Vista.

Last edited:
What I got to know from a birdie (may be wrong) that new bolt will share silhouette with Nexon.

To be precise the glass area will be of Nexon and the rear will be inspired from Nexon with diffrent set of tail lamps. The new Bolt might increase in length as well which will be in lines with merc hatchback similar to Baleno in some ways.

Tata also working on new gear box for Bolt and new sedan as well and a outsourced automatic tranny is on cards as well. A reworked six/seven speed automatic box might be sourced from JLR which were used in earlier models of their lineup.

And yes a new 1.5L engine from Nexon is on cards as well.

A great hatchback in making. Sounds great to ears. Let's see how much true will it become. Time will tell.

Last edited:
well in that case it is really fantastic for the bolt. This will truly be the car in the premium segment.

Let hope they launch in quick time. let it not go beyond 2017.

Nexon silhoute is great but Tata should take care that they dont cannablise the nexon by laucnhing the bolt with nexon design elements. I am sure that they wont do it but still have voiced my fears.

With such great products, its time that Tata concentrate on ASS and start giving great service experience to each and every customer.

well in that case it is really fantastic for the bolt. This will truly be the car in the premium segment.

Let hope they launch in quick time. let it not go beyond 2017.

Nexon silhoute is great but Tata should take care that they dont cannablise the nexon by laucnhing the bolt with nexon design elements. I am sure that they wont do it but still have voiced my fears.

With such great products, its time that Tata concentrate on ASS and start giving great service experience to each and every customer.
The person who told me the info said that it will not resemble Nexon at all.

And New BOLT would be one hell of a car if above mentioned things get into production.

He said that it will beat Biggie's hands down and create a niche.

Djbro@ please use your designing skills and see if we can get an idea of it if possible

Last edited:
Thread Starter #10
I think TATA dont put NEXON design elements in Facelifted BOLT atleast according my knowledge(may be i was wrong) because TATA already considering All New Super Premium Hatchback version using TATA NEXON Parts Bin Code named TATA X451 Click herehttp://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/22025-tata-x451-premium-hatchback-rival-hyundai-elite-i20.html to rival cars like Elite i20, VW POLO and HONDA JAZZ.

According to some sources TATA X451 is an Hatchback version of TATA NEXON with low stands minor tweats to exterior design elements to differenciate both cars and both power trains and tramsmissions share with NEXON.

Last edited:
I think TATA dont put NEXON design elements in Facelifted BOLT atleast according my knowledge(may be i was wrong) because TATA already considering All New Super Premium Hatchback version using TATA NEXON Parts Bin Code named TATA X451 Click herehttp://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/22025-tata-x451-premium-hatchback-rival-hyundai-elite-i20.html to rival cars like Elite i20, VW POLO and HONDA JAZZ.

According to some sources TATA X451 is an Hatchback version of TATA NEXON with low stands minor tweats to exterior design elements to differenciate both cars and both power trains and tramsmissions share with NEXON.
Even I had the same thoughts. I think X451 is the new Bolt. And the source told (about new bolt) me that except from glass area (roof) nothing will be used from Nexon. The rear tail lamps would be like Kite 5 ie split units.

Rest Tata knows it. What's in there bag for us.

Thread Starter #12
Even I had the same thoughts. I think X451 is the new Bolt. And the source told (about new bolt) me that except from glass area (roof) nothing will be used from Nexon. The rear tail lamps would be like Kite 5 ie split units.

Rest Tata knows it. What's in there bag for us.
We can't expect dramatic design changes in tata bolt it doesn't help to create massive sales figures like elite i20 to reach elite i20 like response tata need all new product with impact design like design nexon and tata want position this new Super premium(x451) hatchback above tata bolt to fight with beleno, jazz and i20.

TATA Bolt continued to fight with cars swift or maybe in near future tata may allow tata bolt to register in yellow plate segment because currently most of fleet operators eagerly waiting for tata bolt. Because tata currently stopped producing tata vista after this action fleet operators disappointed.

So the Bolt is now for fleet owners.

But there are no test mules spied for the new boltbas such.

Pitty for the existing owners of Bolt who might feel bad.

Top Bottom