Tata Motors Developing Harrier & Raptor UV Platforms

Thread Starter #1
Tata Motors is working on Harrier and Raptor platform.

The two platforms are Harrier and Raptor, and these will be utilised towards building SUVs.

The Raptor will be the more affordable platform and it will be used to make the new-generation Sumo. This will be the first product on the Raptor and we can expect one more UV to be based on this. The new-generation Sumo will meet the future crash norms, will be lighter, coming with a 4×4 and a more powerful engine.

The Harrier platform will be making the new Safari and this will be looking a lot similar to that of a Hummer in styling.
The Harrier platform will have atlas two SUVs, one will be the new-generation Safari and the other shall be the Creta competition. This will be a smaller SUV and in manner Tata Motors will have a complete range of SUVs, starting with Sumo Raptor, Nexon, Creta rival and the Safari.

These products are being made with Land Rover’s existing technology, however JLR inputs are already being utilised on several Tata products. The Hexa is amongst first products to get a high input from the JLR team. The Safari 400, which is coming next year will be another product with a good amount of input from JLR. The British marquee has been working closely with its parent company for developing the next-generation products.

But yet to be decided, the other plans that the company has are of a Honda City rival and an Ertiga competition, which will be made on a modular platform.

Tata Motors is working on Harrier and Raptor platform – MotorOctane

Re: Tata's UV Plans - New Platforms

I have stated this earlier that with the launch of zest and bolt tata have initiated a new start and i wish them good luck to do well with all these promising upcoming model's.

Safari 400 (or cheekily 4 double ooh) will be the vehicle to look out for. I believve it will be based on the freelander platform with interiors and exteriors bearing resemblance to LRs. and at VFM cost.

all this while i was feeling that i should now sell my storme and go for hexa.(well this is just a wishful thinking. I will be keeping my storme for atleast next 6 years. ) Now I am torn between hexa and safari 400. Then we have nexon in the CSUV, and yet another one to battle the creta.
This is indeed spoilt for choice for tata lovers and also will evoque interest for non tata fans as well.

but what is good that it seems to augur well for Tata.

Hope Tata start clocking decent figures in UV segment too.

Last edited:

Well alll this while i was thinking that these pics were actually the testing of the higher tuning of the varicor engine not meant for Safari but Hexa. Safari was just a mule on which it was being tested.

Then in that case its ages since the testing is being done. it is like an year ago after which we have had the new Storme referesh, then came Aria 2015 and now its time for the Hexa to be launched. Why are Tata still testing the 400 safari? is the autobox not the way they want it to be?

Well it wil only good if they dont launch this vehicle now. they have to launch the freelander platform based safari as thier next safari launch.

Tata working on new cars

Tata Motors has been working on two new platform with inputs from the Jaguar Land Rover team. The two platforms are Harrier and Raptor, and these will be utilised towards building SUVs. The Raptor will be the more affordable platform and it will be used to make the new-generation Sumo. This will be the first product on the Raptor and we can expect one more UV to be based on this. The new-generation Sumo will meet the future crash norms, will be lighter, coming with a 4×4 and a more powerful engine.

source; Tata Motors is working on Harrier and Raptor platform

Tata Motors has plans for a Honda City rival - EXCLUSIVE

Top Bottom