Volkswagen September 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
September 2015: SIAM Sales Summary

SIAM-1.png

SIAM-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total 11,973,025 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers and two wheelers in April-September 2015 as against 11,835,239 in April-September 2014, registering a marginal growth of 1.16 percent over the same period last year.

Domestic Sales

The sales of Passenger Vehicles grew by 6.22 percent in April-September 2015 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars grew by 9.68 percent while Utility Vehicles and Vans decreased by (-) 2.56 percent & (-) 1.46 percent during April-September 2015 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a growth of 7.18 percent in April-September 2015 as compared to same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) registered a growth at 33.68 percent while Light Commercial Vehicles declined by (-) 7.41 percent during April-September 2015 over the same period last year.

Three Wheelers sales declined by (-) 10.05 percent in April-September 2015 over the same period last year. Passenger Carrier & Goods Carrier sales declined by (-) 10.43 percent & (-) 8.19 percent respectively in April-September 2015 over April- September 2014.

Two Wheelers sales registered a marginal decline of (-) 0.36 percent in April-September 2015 over April-September 2014. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters grew by 9.92 percent while Motorcycles and Mopeds dropped by (-) 4.06 percent and (-) 5.21 percent respectively in April-September 2015 over April-September 2014.

Exports

In April-September 2015, overall automobile exports grew by 7.68 percent. Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers registered a growth at 3.89 percent, 19.57 percent, 23.43 percent and 5.74 percent respectively in April-September 2015 over April- September 2014.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks for the most awaited thread Vibhor. My observations:
  1. Figo seems to be a slow mover, no issues. A lot of Ford dealerships havent even started the deliveries till now. I talked to the dealer at Dehradun and the guy told me that they will start deliveries by Navratras.
  2. Figo Aspire: This car definitely deserves better numbers. When engineering and product planning and development teams have done their part so well, why the hell aren't these marketing teams waking up? R.I.P. hard work and innovation. I wish Ford hires the team from Mahindra.
  3. Amaze has amazed everyone, I guess the running heavy discounts and offers have played their part quite well
  4. Mahindra TUV has beaten Ecosport and that also with a respectable margin. With coming festive season, I can see this margin increase only. TUV sold 4321 units. source: Management Punditz
    Screenshot_2015-10-11-18-18-01.png
  5. Fiat cars still find hard to find buyers, their new ad is quite good though. Fiat IMO needs a completely new product line up now with a better A.S.S. experience.
  6. Tata Bolt seems to be rising slowly and Zest has has a curve which seems to be the top of a plateau. C'mon Tata, I have seen that people have now started turning a bit positive again for your cars, just develop some true gems and market them well.

Last edited:
[*]Mahindra TUV has beaten Ecosport and that also with a respectable margin. With coming festive season, I can see this margin increase only. TUV sold 4321 units.
[/LIST]
I think the report shows how many vehicles have been dispatched from the plants. So, for a new launch like TUV it does not indicate the actual number of sales, but all the cars dispatched for TD vehicles+display cars+bookings. It's too early to assess the sales of TUV. Here in Dehradun I live near to the Mahindra's Showroom and I haven't seen too many of TUVs on the road apart from TD and display vehicles.

Last edited:
Creta looks like the king of SUV market.S cross sells 50 percent less numbers than creta.Duster and terrano sales have declined to 1 k and 500 plus units.Also I could see drastic decrease in sales of C segment sedans,mainly verna,rapid and vento.Even ciaz and honda city are not performing like before...CRETA EFFECT I SAY!!

@vm2011 Yes I do know.If you see the s cross numbers it is showing a decline and maruti is offering discounts already.As per article in autocar professional production capacity of s cross is 6k units per month and maruti is producing little more than half of it.Really not a good news for MS

Mahindra reclaimed its 3rd position from Honda.Tuv300 will add 4000+numbers to its kitty every month

Being a Honda City owner for past 1+ year, I really wish Honda to be pushed to last place because they have made 'quality' to take last preference in their products. Dashboard rattles, back door rattles, pathetic ride quality, worst paint quality, consistently inconsistent panel gaps and what not. Last day was a worst day for me. The security guy whistled and run after my car because he felt the boot lid was not closed. But he cannot be blamed. Panel gaps makes it like that. Even bikers ask me to close doors, but they are well in tact and locked. Now I realized I made a stupid decision by buying this tin can.

^^Sirji PM me if you are interested in selling this stupid tin can for 50% price. Full cash payment assured within 15 minutes of final agreement. I'd any day happily purchase one for 5-6 lac over anything else.

But one thing I will completely agree, the City is no more the City it used to be in 2008-09 or at the time of first gen i-VTEC. Engine character although remained but the 2003 VTEC is missed and then the quality also degraded slowly.

Last edited:
^^Sirji PM me if you are interested in selling this stupid tin can for 50% price. Full cash payment assured within 15 minutes of final agreement. I'd any day happily purchase one for 5-6 lac over anything else.

But one thing I will completely agree, the City is no more the City it used to be in 2008-09 or at the time of first gen i-VTEC. Engine character although remained but the 2003 VTEC is missed and then the quality also degraded slowly.
Sorry sirji. I am not at all interested in selling my car. With all these quality issues, I used to take care of my car with utmost care. Washing once a week with two bucket method, microfiber clothes, even I used to wax my car once in a while. And my car color is black, so you know its very hard to maintain as it is.
I am not hating my car. But I am very much sad that I am not being loved back(by my car). My father used to ask me "Why are you washing so often even though you know it would rain and make your car dirty again?". But cars are always my passion. That's why I bought my dream not thinking about the pressure of 'EMI'. I could have tried to be satisfied with any lower segment car. But no I could not. So I have taken the risk of high EMI, but I am happy that I own my dream.
I usually drive calmly, move slowly while going through the pothole filled roads, and once in while I make her roar in empty stretches of road. I never could hate my car as it is my dream, but it is a horrible feeling when the one you love the most does not love or care you back. But I still love my car just like a mother loving her kid even though he made her cry.

Am I becoming filmy here???!!!!

the sales of the TUV are something to study. look good in the flesh but seems pricey to me.
the I20 sales amaze me..at that price point.
seems quality does pay.
The zest seems to be better built than previously seen from tml. I hope..

Creta is doing some really good numbers. Its even better than the figure anticipated by Hyundai India which was about 6k units/month. I guess it will eventually settle down around 5-6k units after the current set of bookings get delivered. Duster and Terrano have taken the hit quite badly. S-cross is also doing decently IMO. 3.5K units for a crossover is not bad at all. Ciaz has picked up some pace as well for Maruti Suzuki. Honda Amaze seems to be the front-runner and even Xcent has overtaken the new Ford Aspire(not counting Dzire here). Maybe the on-going discounts on Amaze and Xcent have helped immensely. I hope Aspire is a success as it is genuinely a better package overall and looks better too. Will be closely following the battle of numbers between TUV300 and Ford Ecosport in the coming months.

M&M taking the No.3 spot back from Honda was some happy news. I am sure they will consolidate at the No.3 spot now onwards, especially with the S101 model (XUV100) launching anytime in the next few months. The XUV100 is going to be an interesting launch. It can grab attention of premium hatchback customers. It has potential of generating decent volumes for the company.

The I think Tata Motors will come up to fight for the No.4 spot with Honda in another 6-12 months or so. Tata Motors has just pipped past Toyota for No.5 spot. Tata Motors has some aggressive dealership expansion programme underway. The visibility for it's non-Taxi models is gradually increasing with GenX+Zest+Bolt doing volumes of over 5K units last month and increasing (though mildly). The Kite/Glade twins could be joining the force in the next 2-3 months, which should help prop up volumes in the non-Taxi category for Tata Motors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom