Tata Motors To Bring a Honda City Rival

Thread Starter #1
Tata Motors has plans for a Honda City rival - awaits confirmation.

TataMotors has plans to launch a Honda City rival, which will be their new full-size sedan, above the Zest. This Honda City rival will be based on a modular platform and it is still being considered for a launch.

Tata’s Honda City competition and the MPV plans are made on paper, however it is still a bit early to say if this product will see daylight. The sedan has been designed, but it still awaits confirmation for a complete go-ahead.
Tata Motors has plans for a Honda City rival – EXCLUSIVE – MotorOctane

We can expect a quality product from them, seeing the quality on Zest, Bolt i feel this car would also be fab. But the Brand perception might not help their cause they need to do a NEXA.

TATA Needs a new brand to push cars. Maybe they should introduce a new named
somewhat like TITAN or resurrect ROVER to push them. I think TITAN is better as it
correlates to their watch brand.

A new branded showroom like NEXA may not do any good as it has done nothing for
the S-Cross which is retailing with around a lakh discount. Good products only will help
them come out of the red.

Last edited:
Tata Motors has plans for a Honda City rival - awaits confirmation.
Tata Motors has plans for a Honda City rival*– EXCLUSIVE – MotorOctane
Actually it is a great news for me[:D]

I'm planning to Upgrade to a Proper sedan by next year or later. After seeing the recent cars like Zest, Bolt,kite sedan models, Strome from TATA. I was expecting a full size sedan with proper design, 100+ BHP, Good Handling, stylish exteriors, classy interiors and with all the bells and whistles.

If the car meets all my requirements, without any second thought, I will go for it for sure[:)]

Last edited:
Actually it is a great news for me[:D]

I'm planning to Upgrade to a Proper sedan by next year or later. After seeing the recent cars like Zest, Bolt,kite sedan models, Strome from TATA. I was expecting a full size sedan with proper design, 100+ BHP, Good Handling, stylish exteriors, classy interiors and with all the bells and whistles.

If the car meets all my requirements, without any second thought, I will go for it for sure[:)]
But that's in 2018. You'll have to wait till then.....

The first thing TATA should do is, do a fresh design. It should not be a Manza touch in any sort.

Design is the foremost thing for any vehicle to succeed in India.

I guess TATA is going on in a right direction.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Honda CITY is a flourished product in its segment. Even after good products like CIAZ, Verna, Fiesta, Linea et al, the dominance of CITY in the segment was tough to break. It is sad but true that Japanese and Koreans have a kind of dominance in the Indian Market. So, for TATA it won't ever be a cake walk to run-over the Honda CITY. If its planning to roll out a competitor to CITY, Honda shall not take it hands down. Moreover, TATA needs a radical design and not a carried-forward look alike to compete with CITY and others in segment. Also at the same time, TATA needs a big-time overhaul to improve its image by innovative marketing among buyers so that the jinx of being a TAXI brand may not hamper in future because 90% of TATA suffer because of this and its evident in Zest and BOLT too. I feel not as an owner but as an enthusiast that if Honda CITY can beat CIAZ then what else is left to say! TATA needs a fresh thought process to conceptualize this product right from the roots.

Regards

Akash

So what Gaadi Waadi is for Maruti Suzuki is MotorOctane for TataMotors. Daily Tata Motors exclusive news.

I wonder why Car Wale is not getting any kind of such news even though Ratan Tata invested in it.

Not surprised by this news. Tata has promised two new cars every year so it can easily happen. Knowing Tata and their recent endeavors iI am sure they will design it well with great features and launch it below price point of competition. It won't sell as well as City cos it can't beat the Honda brand name but it can make a difference.

Tata should come out with something all new, from the scratch. And, better to have an essence of designing language of their subsidiary JLR. They should leave this inspired-by-egg [lol] design.

I have a very simple question:

Has Tata gained such a reputation that they can sell a car in this segment?
If TATA dont have such a reputation then why they are launched legendary safari and upcomming most expensive TATA HEXA we can not gudge without knowing about product standards and tata wanted to explore range cars in their stable may due to they are thinking about revive ROVER Brand

Tata need to focus more on their service centers, and ensure customers get treated as human beings there. Unless they change that perception, I am not going to adopt the T badge.

Honda CITY is a flourished product in its segment. Even after good products like CIAZ, Verna, Fiesta, Linea et al, the dominance of CITY in the segment was tough to break. It is sad but true that Japanese and Koreans have a kind of dominance in the Indian Market. So, for TATA it won't ever be a cake walk to run-over the Honda CITY. If its planning to roll out a competitor to CITY, Honda shall not take it hands down. Moreover, TATA needs a radical design and not a carried-forward look alike to compete with CITY and others in segment. Also at the same time, TATA needs a big-time overhaul to improve its image by innovative marketing among buyers so that the jinx of being a TAXI brand may not hamper in future because 90% of TATA suffer because of this and its evident in Zest and BOLT too. I feel not as an owner but as an enthusiast that if Honda CITY can beat CIAZ then what else is left to say! TATA needs a fresh thought process to conceptualize this product right from the roots.

Regards

Akash
Well If they bring the Prima concept to life that would be a great design and kind of a design used in High end luxury cars. However I read some where that Tata have scrapped that design. How i wished to see that car in production.

attaching the prima pics just for re-igniting old memories this car was designed in 2010-11 and still looks pretty fresh.
Tata_Prima1.jpg

tata-pr1ma2.jpg

Top Bottom