Petrol Pump Strike Across India from 20th Sep. '10

Thread Starter #1
All petrol pumps across India will be going on an indefinite strike from 20 Sep 2010 onwards.
so whats your all take on this, with every 4-6 months they start new strike with new policies.

I got to know this news day before.

Will have to fill tank full tomorrow, As here in Bangalore they start saying normal fuel is over & start filling premium one's.
A quick way to make fast bucks by [gun] petrol bunks.

This is the problem in India, strike becomes the first option for any demand. Govt. is also static, doing nothing. Suddenly the petroleum minister will come 1 day before and would declare it illegal. What the hell he is doing now.

Petroleum minister is probably sitting and farting as this time these pump walas are out of Govt. Control. In India we all should know how to got black mailed by different entitities.

Pathetic system, irrespectic of govt. A or B or C...

This has become a regular routine once in a quarter.
I am not sure whats gonna be the cost of fuel in coming days. [frustration]

Oops indefinite strike!!

what happens if they stike for a week! every thing will mess up. they will start selling petrol at premium price may be 80 to 100 per lit. this happen during last strikes .

already i am paying up 50/- per lit of petrol! and in chennai its 56/- per lit

ilango[speed thirst];49848 said:
Oops indefinite strike!!

what happens if they stike for a week! every thing will mess up. they will start selling petrol at premium price may be 80 to 100 per lit. this happen during last strikes .

already i am paying up 50/- per lit of petrol! and in chennai its 56/- per lit
Yes ilango this is the reason, They close the bunks and try selling fuel for premium prices.[frustration]
-----------Next Post-----------
^Its just Rs 50 per litre in Pondy??? In Bangalore it is Rs 59!
Yes Arkin Bangalore is paying highest price for fuel in India as Govt is not axing down the service tax on fuel.
Which Delhi Govt has already done.

Last edited:
hey guys,

just got to know that all petrol pumps across India will be going on an indefinite strike from 20 Sep 2010 onwards.

Looks like they want more commission per litre of fuel.

So guys, fill your tanks up atleast 2 days before -- am sure they might run out of fuel from 19th Sep itself.

Petrol pumps to go on strike from Sept 20 | from strike pumps Sept Petrol FAIPT

so whats your all take on this, with every 4-6 months they start new strike with new policies.
are you sure ??
whats the source of your information

Thanks for the info Vijay! Will have to fill up the tanks in Verna and Safari soon!

Yes its going to be very annoying. Queues outside petrol bunks will be more than ration shops. During the strike last time i had to wait an hour to fill up diesel in my car! Many bunks went dry and were closed! Petrol prices shot upto even Rs.70 a litre in Chennai during strike. People started filling fuel in extra 20 litre cans for future use. Gosh , i don want to undergo all this again!

@ Arkin Yeah Pondicherry being a UT the cost of all commodities cost less generally.

Top Bottom