Volkswagen August 2015 Indian Car Sales Figures

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
August 2015: SIAM Sales Summary

SIAM-August-2015-Indian-Car-Sales-1.png

SIAM-August-2015-Indian-Car-Sales-2.png

Production

The industry produced a total 9,784,602 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers and two wheelers in April-August 2015 as against 9,608,075 in April-August 2014, registering a marginal growth of 1.84 percent over the same period last year.

Domestic Sales

The sales of Passenger Vehicles grew by 6.74 percent in April-August 2015 over the same period last year. Within the Passenger Vehicles, Passenger Cars and Vans grew by 9.72 percent and 0.38 percent respectively while Utility Vehicles declined by (-) 1.12 percent during April-August 2015 over the same period last year.

The overall Commercial Vehicles segment registered a growth of 6.03 percent in April-August 2015 as compared to same period last year. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles (M&HCVs) registered a growth at 26.96 percent while Light Commercial Vehicles declined by (-) 5.69 percent during April-August 2015 over the same period last year.

Three Wheelers sales declined by (-) 9.30 percent in April-August 2015 over the same period last year. Passenger Carrier & Goods Carrier sales declined by (-) 9.78 percent & (-) 6.96 percent respectively in April-August 2015 over April- August 2014.

Two Wheelers sales registered a marginal decline of (-) 0.20 percent in April-August 2015 over April-August 2014. Within the Two Wheelers segment, Scooters grew by 10.76 percent while Motorcycles and Mopeds dropped by (-) 4.33 percent and (-) 1.56 percent respectively in April-August 2015 over April-August 2014.

Exports

In April-August 2015, overall automobile exports grew by 8.60 percent. Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles, Three Wheelers and Two Wheelers registered a growth at 4.92 percent 25.86 percent 23.53 percent and 6.60 percent respectively in April-August 2015 over April- August 2014.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Maruti has to be saluted for keeping the no. 1 position in spite of so many competitors. Out of the top 10, seven belongs to this company. Hyundai also doing good.

And others? Particularly those Euro-Americans?[confused]

Good Debut by Aspire, well done by Jazz and Creta.

With the new Ciaz hybrid, expect all other Sedans to suffer and Ciaz surges ahead, its VFM package is too good to ignore now.

1700+ Thars sold, looks like everyone has been waiting for the facelift! Hope Force Motors are reading [;)]

Ciaz Hybrid is a bold new move for maruti - lets see how the market responds, and also Honda/Hyundai. Ill be following SCross sales number closely.[;)]

Honda is consistently over Mahindra and Toyota is neck to neck with Tata , Ford is catching up too. High time to wake up and smell the coffee for indian manufacturers.

i20 selling Consistently month after month. Hyundai gaining more momentum with Creta too.

Ford joining the CS segment has made numbers. The clear hit of the Aspire will be based on coming months.

Chevy, Renault, Nissan, Skoda are selling low month after month. They all need to revive their product lineup soon. Kwid will bring numbers for Renault.

Zest slowly gaining new buyers. Their Kite twins need to debut in the festive season.

Maruti, going strong and strong. The Baleno will make more numbers. Also the SHVS will make them even stronger.

Mahindra with TUV300 will make more numbers. The facelifted Thar is doing good.

Last edited:
I was interested to see the sales of new Honda Jazz, but it seems it loosing the battle against Elite i20 and sales of Creta also may effecting Jazz.
Also surprised to see the sales figure of Aspire. Whenever I have discussion with my friends family and colleague about new car, Aspire is never in the list of contenders of new car buyers.

I was interested to see the sales of new Honda Jazz, but it seems it loosing the battle against Elite i20 and sales of Creta also may effecting Jazz.
Also surprised to see the sales figure of Aspire. Whenever I have discussion with my friends family and colleague about new car, Aspire is never in the list of contenders of new car buyers.
Creta is doing well, so is the Jazz. It is a great car (Jazz) no doubt,
Jazz is in good demand, but the numbers you see are lower compared to Creta & i20 because the City & Jazz are produced at Rajasthan Plant which has a monthly capacity of 9.5-10k cars and the numbers of Jazz & City combined together results in 9.8 k which is what the maximum that the company can produce. If you're not seeing the Jazz on roads that's the problem of the big cities while in smaller cities like mine i am seeing Jazz, SCross, Creta regularly.

Position no 1 & 2 will never change.
Close battle between Mahindra & Honda and between TATA & Toyota. TUV 300 should aid Mahindra surpass Honda. Will have to wait and see
Its refreshing to see TATA clock up 10K units consistently.
Ford volume has doubled with the competent Aspire launch, With the New Figo launch, Ford might be able to take on TATA & Toyota with about 10K units monthly
Duster seems to have lost ground, clearly losing to Creta, 10 year old platform showing its age?
Lack of focus from Renaut, Nissan and Skoda. Datsun with only 2 products has outsold skoda and Nissan. Renault ahead by a small margin. Kwid might help things a bit for Renault
On top of 1 Bn investment Chevy needs a complete overhaul, over 2 decades and still no foothold in the market.
Polo keeps the cash register ringing for VW.
You need to love a car to own certain cars, FIAT cars[:D] are among them (Abarth Punto will certainly be) and those 642 souls[clap] loved FIAT

Last edited:
Thanks for the sales figure for Aug 2015. Its surprising to see just two manufacturers having their products in the top, i.e., Maruti suzuki with 7 and Hyundai with 3. Is it more to do with brand image in our market than the overall product or is it that these two manufacturers genuinely understand our market better than others. I think its a combination of both. Just looking at the number of Hyundai Creta's on the road is being reflected in the sales figure here. Good overall product and definately priced at a premium but still has more than enough takers for it. And the most heat is felt by the Renault Duster and Nissan Terrano. The sudden drop in their sales is rather noticeable and immediate price corrections or an updated version has to be launched to keep them still alive in the buyer's mind.

Ford is surely not doing enough marketing for the new Figo Aspire. It is a brilliant product overall but the general population is still unaware if this car even exists in our market. The Figo hatchback when launched in a couple of months will surely help Ford raking up some good sales figure. Ford Ecosport might also feel some heat from the new funny looking Mahindra TUV300. Maybe an updated version could be on the cards soon.

Volkswagen Polo sales have more or less settled around 2.8k mark but is Volkswagen happy with such figures when their immediate competitors are almost selling two to four times. A few updates have been given but I fail to understand why can't they add a touch screen infotainment system with features like reverse camera and all. This will surely help in adding numbers than maybe a more costly equipment like a Cruise control which they have added recently. The interiors look bare-bone otherwise in front of the new Jazz and Elite i20 and a nice 7inch display system would do tons of good IMO.

Hyundai Verna sales are on a continuous downfall as well. Added new AVN touch screen system on the high-end variant might help get some lost ground but it has tough road ahead with stiff competition from Honda City and Maruti Ciaz. Volkswagen Vento again needs a touch screen infotainment system along with reverse camera to get people attracted towards it otherwise its a sad state of affairs really.

Mahindra Scorpio sales are also on the decline and have settles to around 3.4k mark as compared to the earlier 5k+ it used to do. Quirky rear design at fault?

Last edited:
Mobilio in 3 figures mark consistently. either people have realised that mobilio is not VFM or that Honda is prioritising other cars over mobilio.

Duster and Fortuner in the early thousands. Need to upgrade the cars. Duster and Storme and ecosport taking the brunt of the Creta launch.

bolt get into 7xx from 4xx and zest in 2K again seems to be heartening. surely the word of mouth working for falcon twins. What should fiat do to get better numbers?

Arrogant Datsun selling higher than the Skodas nissan and fiat? Well what do we say more?

Duster seems to have lost ground, clearly losing to Creta, 10 year old platform showing its age?
Lack of focus from Renaut, Nissan and Skoda. Datsun with only 2 products has outsold skoda and Nissan. Renault ahead by a small margin. Kwid might help things a bit for Renault
I) Duster was launched globally in 2010 and in India in 2012. So it is hardly a 10 year old platform. I dont think any buyer will think of or visualize the Duster as a derivative of the Logan. 95% of them brought it for looks, ground clearance and the reliable K9K engine.
95 % of the buyers who bought Creta/S Cross did so because its from Hyundai/MSIL .

II) From Renault/Nissan perspective, they have let loose 3 different beasts in India, including Datsun. Any one of them clicks, it makes financial benefit to the parent company.

Kudos to M&M for the launch of TUV300. Now it will add more flexibility to market and good pricing for it.
Hyundai has again done wonders with creta. Should wait and see how it will hold against tough competition.
I barely spotted Lodgy! Again a blow to Renault. It clearly states bulk of Indian automobile aspirants are in for design, gadgets and brand name.
Finally spotted Bolt in my city and s its a wonderful feeling[surprise]
Fiat, Nissan, Renault, skoda, GM will never learn from past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom