M&M and Toyota Ranks at Top Level in J.D. Power SSI Rating

Thread Starter #1
Mahindra & Mahindra and Toyota, both score a tie in J.D. Power Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) study 2015. Having experienced both the brands quite well, I am really not at all surprised by the ranking Mahindra and Toyota have attained. In fact both the brands are at par with each other in terms of sales experience.
  • No bugging phone calls
  • Patient and well trained sales staff
  • Nothing like 'only short TD available'
  • They are really quick at financing as well as paperwork too

1.JPG

Capture.JPG

AS Per Auto Tech Review:
JD Power Asia Pacific’s 2015 India Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) Study has shown that dealers in India are focused on maximising sales conversions rather than providing a satisfying customer purchase experience. This study revealed that Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M) and Toyota rank highest in a tie in sales satisfaction among mass market brands in the country.

The JD Power Asia Pacific 2015 India SSI Study, which is in its 16th year, examines seven factors that contribute to new-vehicle owners’ overall satisfaction with their sales experience. These factors are, in order of importance, delivery process, delivery timing, salesperson, sales initiation, dealer facility, paperwork and deal, the consulting firm said. Satisfaction is calculated on a 1,000-point scale, it added. The study showed Toyota and M&M ranking the highest, in a tie, with a score of 872 each. Toyota performed well in the sales initiation factor and M&M performs highest in the paperwork factor, the company said.

The 2015 India SSI Study is based on responses from over 7,895 new-vehicle owners, who purchased their vehicle between September, 2014, and April, 2015. It includes evaluations of more than 75 vehicle models within the mass market segment. The study found that purchase reasons and shopping behaviour vary significantly across demographics. A larger proportion of younger buyers, who are 30 years and younger place greater emphasis on vehicle design, performance and features as purchase criteria for their vehicle. Additionally, using the internet as a source of information for vehicle purchase is higher among younger buyers, the study showed.

Mohit Arora, Executive Director, JD Power Asia Pacific, Singapore, said intense competition and pressure to maximise sales conversions has shifted focus from a customer-centric approach to a sales-driven approach for dealers. He added that OEMs and dealerships need to provide a pressure-free environment conducive to sales, which can lead to a positive impression of the brand and dealerships, to customers.
Source

J.D. Power Official Page

Thread Starter #3
I am surprised to see only the scores of Ford. They are working really hard in every field but still some issues. There is a chance that Ecosport waiting and lack of choices under the roof also hurted the scores of Ford.

Maruti hasn't surprised me, I have been to 6-7 dealerships of Maruti and they are far from professional in nearly everything. They attend you late, they sell cars like selling vegetables at times, untrained staff, weird reasons and excuses are some of the traits which one can observe in majority of Maruti dealerships. They are like "Saarji our cars do sell and they sell this way only, why should we improve.. We are number one you know".

Honda is already known for being arrogant in terms of pricing and 'discount' is a word which you are not allowed to speak in most of the Honda dealerships. Adding to this, Honda has changed from what they were 5 years back.

Mahindra has significantly improved in every field I must say. Since last October, I have been to their dealerships four times. Twice for taking the delivery is Scorpio (S8 and S10), once for Bolero and once for XUV. They are actually very good right from the time you enter their dealership for enquiring about the car to the time you take the delivery. Well trained staff, easy and quick financing, minimal documentation based issues and yes, they deliver you the car on time. So they deserve this one IMO.

Toyota can be seen on the top three positions of nearly every survey for some well known reasons. Well maintained dealerships, well trained staff and they are also very quick and transparent in dealing.

Kudos to Mahindra for making to the top of the list, it feels really good looking at a purely home grown manufacturer making to the top of the list. Purely home grown means a manufacturer who stands on its own today, the one who have developed themselves from zero to their current position through their own hard work.

Top Bottom